Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
muttley

PL Poker League

OK. Some more thoughts.....

Since the introduction of double points for week 4, two things have happened. Firstly, the numbers have increased, or at least not fallen off throughout the month, which is GREAT. Secondly, the league has been won each time by the winner of Leg 4. This isn't a problem if everyone is happy with it, and it hasn't impacted on the numbers player Legs 1-3 so far, but I'd like to explore other possible structures for the league.

Assuming everyone is ok with it, could we try another system, say Leg 4 scores Double Entries, for the next couple of months? Would be good to hear your comments, and I'm happy to consider alternatives.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:14 PM, muttley said:

OK. Some more thoughts.....

Since the introduction of double points for week 4, two things have happened. Firstly, the numbers have increased, or at least not fallen off throughout the month, which is GREAT. Secondly, the league has been won each time by the winner of Leg 4. This isn't a problem if everyone is happy with it, and it hasn't impacted on the numbers player Legs 1-3 so far, but I'd like to explore other possible structures for the league.

Assuming everyone is ok with it, could we try another system, say Leg 4 scores Double Entries, for the next couple of months? Would be good to hear your comments, and I'm happy to consider alternatives.

:ok yes I think it's time to give another system a try so we'll run with this double entries multiplier for a couple of months on the final leg. It will give extra points for playing the final leg so more people who have played previous legs should still be in with a chance. It probably won't provide enough points for anyone to come in and win by playing only the final leg.

(Incidently, last month, only the win was good enough to give Rivrd (or indeed myself who had not played any of the other legs) the overall win. 2nd place would not have given a league podium finish.)

Difficult to assess how successful the double runners is, with Leo running away with the first 3 legs! However numbers in the final leg held up pretty well so doesn't seem to have put off too many from trying.

It's a fairer system in that it's not too heavily weighted towards the final leg. Had we continued the double points, on this month's results muttley's final leg win would have taken the league top spot (he did have 2 previous 2nd place finishes in leg 2 and 3), despite Leo winning all the other legs.

We'll continue to run with it next month. :ok

It seems a fairer system, and I'm happy for it to continue. I would have been embarrassed to take 1st place after Leo's superb run this month. This month was slightly unusual, in that two of the money places were pretty much decided. I think it will be far more competitive in the last leg in most future months.

Thanks again to Punters Lounge for their continued support of the poker league!