** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Off-season updates

These were my leans for the 2019 season but no bets placed at that time...

To Finish In Year End ATP Top 10 2019 

Stefanos Tsitsipas at 5.00 with Paddypower

To Finish In Year End WTA Top 10 2019

Jelena Ostapenko at 3.50 with Paddypower

Top Ranked American ATP Player On 31/12/2019

Frances Tiafoe at 6.50 with Paddypower

Top Ranked American WTA Player On 31/12/2019

Sloane Stephens at 3.00 with Paddypower

Top Ranked British ATP Player on 31/12/2019

Kyle Edmund at 2.75 with Paddypower

Top Ranked Rest Of The World ATP Player on 31/12/2019

Kei Nishikori at 5.00 with Paddypower

Daria Kasatkina to reach at least one Grand Slam Singles Final in 2019 at 3.50 with Paddypower

Who Will Be Ranked ATP Singles No.1 on 31/12/2019

Sascha Zverev at 8.00 with Paddypower

Finally I made up my mind and placed these bets...

Stefanos Tsitsipas to finish year end top 10 at 5.00 with Paddypower

Stefanos is ranked 15 right now and what we saw of him in 2018 was only a taste of what's to come. The probability of him finishing year end top 10 is huge I feel. He might even go and win Aussie open, who knows. He's awesome and his potential is unlimited (maybe the backhand is a little weak but that's it) just like Alexander Zverev. To bad Paddypower has such a low stake limit on this.

Singles ranking as of 4 November 2019

Mihaela Buzarnescu over 31.5 at 1.88 with 888sport / Unibet

I just don't see Mihaela to have an equally good season as 2018.

Singles ranking as of 25 November 2019

Yoshihito Nishioka under 85.5 at 1.88 with 888sport / Unibet

If Yoshi stays healthy he's gonna be up and running all season long and be able to push for top 50 at the very least.

Singles ranking as of 25 November 2019

Tennys Sandgren over 90.5 at 1.88 with 888sport / Unibet

Tennys didn't have the greatest impact on tour in 2018 but he had a good start to the season but I expect him not to be able to defend his ranking points in Aussie open so he will drop in february. He wasn't very good after that quarterfinal down under so I just can't see him being better ranked than around 100.

Mirza Basic over 115.5 at 1.88 with 888sport / Unibet

Mirza is the worst player ever to have won a ATP title imo and I'd be very surprised to see him defend his points from last season. I see him losing matches more often than not like he was doing for most of 2018 after he won that title in Sofia. His quality is of challenger level and he's not a player better than maximum 150 in ranking.

Top Ranked Australian ATP Singles Player on 31/12/2019

Nick Kyrgios at 1.57, Alex de Minaur at 3.50, John Millman at 13.00, Bernard Tomic at 15.00, Thanasi Kokkinakis at 34.00, Matthew Ebden at 34.00, Jordan Thompson at 34.00, Jason Kubler at 51.00, Alex Bolt at 67.00, Marc Polmans at 101.00, Alexei Popyrin at 101.00, James Duckworth at 101.00, Maverick Banes at 201.00, John-Patrick Smith at 201.00, Max Purcell at 201.00.

Pick: Alex de Minaur at 3.50 with Paddypower

Alex should be top 20 at the end of the season at the very least. He is making big strides forward and is not very injury prone and the biggest competition for this bet Nick Kyrgios didn't have the best season in 2018 and I don't know what's happened with him but I don't think he will improve vastly in 2019 but that I have high expectations on Alex to do.

Sascha Zverev at 8.00 with Paddypower

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/boris-becker-interview-december-2018

This is something Sascha can do if he finally breaks through at the grand slams. Just a matter of time before he does become year end no.1.

Best singles ranking as of November 4 2019

Donna Vekic at 3.85

Shuai Zhang at 3.50

Aliaksandra Sasnovich at 3.30

Maria Sakkari at 4.33

The pick: Donna Vekic at 3.85 with Unibet

She looked good at the end of 2018 season and I expect her to continue her rise up the rankings as she is steadily improving more than the other players of this bet.

Best Singles Ranking as of November 4 2019

Dayana Yastremska 3.50

Marketa Vondrousova 3.75

Amanda Anisimova 4.33

Catherine Bellis 6.50

Marta Kostyuk 6.50

The pick: Marketa Vondrousova at 3.75 with Unibet Redbet 888sport

I think Marketa should do a better season than the last one where she wasn't firing at all but she improved later in the season starting at US open when she beat Kiki Bertens. If she can show her talent again this season she should have a pretty good chance of making the top 40 at least come November.

And @CzechPunter these were your off-season bets and as usual it seems like we're the only ones who officially placed any off-season bets.

Alright, eight season-long bets for me.

Singles ranking as of 25 November 2019 - Yoshihito Nishioka – Under 85.5 at 1.88 with Unibet

Singles ranking as of 25 November 2019 – Dominic Thiem – Under 8.5 at 1.77 with Unibet

Singles ranking as of 25 November 2019 – Cameron Norrie – Under 90.5 at 1.82 with Unibet

2019 ATP End of Season Ranking H2H - Diego Schwartzman to beat Marco Cecchinato at 1.72 with Coral

Singles ranking as of 4 November 2019 – Katie Boulter – Under 110.5 at 1.88 with Unibet

Singles ranking as of 4 November 2019 – Anett Kontaveit – Under 22.5 at 1.88 with Unibet

Singles ranking as of 4 November 2019 – Dalila Jakupovic – Under 100.5 at 1.88 with Unibet

Best Singles ranking as of 4 November 2019 – Marketa Vondrousova to beat Viktoria Kuzmova at 1.86 with Unibet

All these bets are based on what I saw from the players in the previous season, there aren't any special details to be added to any of them honestly. The bets that I like the most are those on Nishioka, Schwartzman, and Vondrousova, but those feelings are so marginal that I'm keeping the stakes level. No big odds this time around, just couldn't find anything I'd like on that front.

So how are we doing?

Stefanos Tsitsipas has to be ranked minimum year end no.10, currently at no.7 and it's looking like he'll be year end top 10 acctually.

Mihaela Buzarnescu currently ranked 29 and has to be ranked lower than 31, 50/50 chances of that happening I think.

Yoshihito Nishioka has to be ranked higher than 86, currently at 75. Looks like he could do something useful before his points from Chengdu drops where he won his first title last season. 

Mirza Basic isn't making anyone happy with his drop in the rankings, has to be lower ranked than 115, currently I don't know but far away from 115 at least and doesn't seem to be able to make anything happen in a long while.

Tennys Sandgren has to be ranked lower than 90, currently at 93, 50/50 on that to happen.

Top ranked aussie Alex de Minaur currently at 26, looking good and has to be the highest ranked aussie. Nick Kyrgios is a true I don't know but he's the only threat and after his antics in Rome I just can't see him overcoming Alex in the rankings.

Sascha Zverev year end no.1, not looking good but it was a long shot.

Donna Vekic has to be higher ranked than Maria Sakkari, Shuai Zhang, Aliaksandra Sasnovich. Currently at 24 and it looks very unsure about where she'll end up ranked at the end of the season and not very easy to say where Aliaksandra Sasnovich and Maria Sakkari will be ranked.

Marketa Vondrousova currently ranked 44 and has to be the highest ranked player compared to Dayana Yastremska, Amanda Anisimova, Marta Kostyuk and Catherine Bellis. Looking very even in the rankings, not a clue who will be the highest ranked between Dayana, Amanda and Marketa.

Marketa Vondrousova has to be higher ranked than Viktoria Kuzmova, currently at 44 v Viktoria at 43. Couldn't be more 50/50 but I think Marketa makes the higher ranking based on her success on higher level.

Dominic Thiem has to be higher ranked than 9 and currently at 4 and looking quite good.

Cameron Norrie has to be higher ranked than 91, currently at 45. Looking good, he should make it.

Diego Schwartzman has to be higher year end ranked than Marco Cecchinato. Doesn't look bad especially not if Diego beats Kei in Rome today and Marco failing to reach the quarter in Roland Garros. Diego could be higher ranked than Marco in june.

Katie Boulter has to be higher ranked than 111, currently at 111. She could pull it off but looks very 50/50.

Anett Kontaveit has to be higher ranked than 23, currently at 16. Looks good.

Dalila Jakupovic has to be higher ranked than 101, currently outside 110. Looks like 30% chance of making it.

25 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

8 bets for me, pretty even as things stand right now I'd say. Norrie, Thiem, Kontaveit, and Vondrousova should be making it. Jakupovic and Boulter will need a breakthrough. Schwartzman and Nishioka both have a chance.

Took me some time but I've fully gone through everything and evaluated our chances of landing any of the bets placed.

I placed 9 off-season bets and I could have some success with a few of them.

You could be correct on 6 out of 8 as it currently looks like and I could be correct on 8 out of 9 depending on how Mihaela Buzarnescu and Tennys Sandgren does.

• 5 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Vekic making some progress for you there @four-leaf!

Yes she is but we'll see how it looks after Washington where she reached the final last season. But now she's looking better than Maria Sakkari and Marketa Vondrousova also made some progress after Roland Garros with that runner up spot and should be higher ranked than Amanda Anisimova and Dayana Yastremska at the end of this season. Amanda are currently ranked 9 places lower and have 846 points less. Could be an interesting race between Amanda and Marketa if Amanda does something big in the US tournaments. I doubt Dayana can challenge Marketa in the rankings this season.

I wouldn't really care about people defending points, it's just about how much they already have for 2019.

Vekic = 1387 Zhang = 446 Sasnovich = 678 Sakkari = 1080

Vondrousova = 2350 Yastremska = 832 Anisimova = 1524 Bellis = 0 Kostyuk = 274

We're obviously still some months away, but it's looking much better than before the French Open I'd say. Sakkari is close, but Vondrousova is a big favourite unless she falls apart mentally.

• 4 months later...
On 5/17/2019 at 11:42 AM, four-leaf said:

Finally I made up my mind and placed these bets...

Stefanos Tsitsipas to finish year end top 10 at 5.00 with >Paddypower ?

Singles ranking as of 4 November 2019

Mihaela Buzarnescu over 31.5 at 1.88 with 888sport / Unibet ?

Singles ranking as of 25 November 2019

Yoshihito Nishioka under 85.5 at 1.88 with 888sport / Unibet ?

Singles ranking as of 25 November 2019

Tennys Sandgren over 90.5 at 1.88 with 888sport / Unibet ?

Mirza Basic over 115.5 at 1.88 with 888sport / Unibet ?

Top Ranked Australian ATP Singles Player on 31/12/2019 

Pick: Alex de Minaur at 3.50 with Paddypower ?

Sascha Zverev at 8.00 with Paddypower ?

Best singles ranking as of November 4 2019

Donna Vekic at 3.85

Shuai Zhang at 3.50

Aliaksandra Sasnovich at 3.30

Maria Sakkari at 4.33

The pick: Donna Vekic at 3.85 with Unibet ?

Best Singles Ranking as of November 4 2019

Dayana Yastremska 3.50

Marketa Vondrousova 3.75

Amanda Anisimova 4.33

Catherine Bellis 6.50

Marta Kostyuk 6.50

The pick: Marketa Vondrousova at 3.75 with Unibet Redbet 888sport ?

And @CzechPunter these were your off-season bets and as usual it seems like we're the only ones who officially placed any off-season bets.

Alright, eight season-long bets for me.

Singles ranking as of 25 November 2019 - Yoshihito Nishioka – Under 85.5 at 1.88 with Unibet ?

Singles ranking as of 25 November 2019 – Dominic Thiem – Under 8.5 at 1.77 with Unibet ?

Singles ranking as of 25 November 2019 – Cameron Norrie – Under 90.5 at 1.82 with Unibet ?

2019 ATP End of Season Ranking H2H - Diego Schwartzman to beat Marco Cecchinato at 1.72 with Coral ?

Singles ranking as of 4 November 2019 – Katie Boulter – Under 110.5 at 1.88 with Unibet ?

Singles ranking as of 4 November 2019 – Anett Kontaveit – Under 22.5 at 1.88 with Unibet ?

Singles ranking as of 4 November 2019 – Dalila Jakupovic – Under 100.5 at 1.88 with Unibet ?

Best Singles ranking as of 4 November 2019 – Marketa Vondrousova to beat Viktoria Kuzmova at 1.86 with Unibet ?

Good work both of us @CzechPunter

5 correct season bets from you out of 8 and 7 out of 9 from me.

Edited by four-leaf

• 4 weeks later...