** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Women's World Cup 2019

women.thumb.PNG.9ab28697c6767a7114a3b931b1e5ac38.PNG

Firstly, I must stress that I have had nothing more than a passing glance at this tournement - that being said I think I may have found a speculative, value bet for the Outright. Barcelona are set to play in the Champions League final in a couple of weeks - off that Barcelona team, 12 of them have recently been included in Spanish squads, Barcelona have form beyond this season in the Champions League too - they were Quarter Finalists last year and Semi Finalists the year before. Atletico Madrid were the only side to finish above Barcelona domestically this season, they also boast 10 recent call ups. I'm going to take a chance that the performance of those 2 clubs haven't been reflected in Spain's Outright price. A similar thing happened in the Mens Euro 2020 betting - as Ajax performed above expectations in the Champions League and the emergence of young Dutch talent such as De Ligt, De Jong and Van De Beek, the price of Holland for Euro 2020 began to fall.

Bet

1pt - Spain to win the Women's World Cup @ 25/1 Bet365

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting theory. I'd take the lower value of Spain at 5/1 to win group B, but its a tough group with Germany being the favorites, and China being a bit of a wild card. 

It's hard to see France or USA not winning it all but I guess thats the joy of the World Cup. 

I think there wil be better value in this tournament, than the mens Euro qualifiers.

I thought France were awseome last night, and made a tidy profit on corners. Doing the same with Germany today. Thinking that there will be added impetus from stronger European teams here.