** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > May 7th & 8th

uclratings.jpg

The second legs of the Champions League Semi-Finals are coming up this week. Barcelona hold a dominant 3-0 lead over Liverpool heading into their match at Anfield. Is it too much of a deficit for the Reds to overcome? In the other tie, Ajax hold a narrow 1-0 lead over Tottenham going into their home leg. Will Spurs be able to turn things around? Let us know your tips. :ok

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

FC Barcelona have scored in 83% of their away matches. (Champions League)
Liverpool have scored in 94% of their home matches. (Champions League)
Liverpool have scored the opening goal in 73% of their matches. (Champions League)
Liverpool have won their last 6 home matches. (Champions League)

You can find interesting 18 Football Betting Streaks for 07.05.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-05-2019-14258

Liverpool FC vs FC Barcelona

Liverpool FC

Doubtful: Virgil van Dijk (37/4 d), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (1/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Adam Lallana (13/0 m), Naby Keita (25/2 m), Roberto Firmino (34/12 f), Mohamed Salah (37/22 f, top scorer)

Suspended: -

FC Barcelona

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Jean-Clair Todibo (2/0 d), Rafinha Alcântara (5/0 m), Ousmane Dembélé (29/8 f)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Look, Liverpool shot themselves in the foot last week (Messi aimed the gun). But, an early 'Pool goal will get the crowed fired up, and the passion boiling. AT that point, anything can happen. If a lousy Man United team can go and get a result against PSG, then Liverpool  could certainly do it here.

If there is one guy I can't stand in football, it is Louis Suarez. As a grown adult, he has bitten 2 opponents, then diminished his time at LIverpool, saying they were garbage when he joined. I went to the 2010 World cup quarter final between Uruguay and Ghana at Soccer CIty in Soweto where he hand balled a ball on the line, which Uruguay ultimately won. A nasty human, who has found incredible success. Now he does'nt want to celebrate at Anfield ! Hopefully Liverpool give him no cause too ...   

Edited by neilovan

Liverpool vs Barcelona

The second leg of this Liverpool versus Barcelona tie in the Champions League Semi-Finals takes place tonight in an 8pm kick-off at Anfield. The La Liga champions hold a 3-0 lead from the first leg but with a series of incredible comebacks instilled in the history of this competition you'd be a fool to think this is done and dusted.

Liverpool come into this game facing the reality that their Premier League title hopes lie out of their own hands going into the final day of the league season after Manchester City's 1-0 win over Leicester last night. The Reds are up against it in this tie as well but if the home support can get behind their team and they can score an early goal then anything can happen. Unfortunately, they'll have to do it without key players Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino, and Naby Keita. It's a tall order indeed.

Barcelona have notched up the La Liga trophy already and Ernesto Valverde's men will firmly believe they can progress here. It was only in last year's competition that Barcelona threw away a 4-1 advantage from their first home leg against Roma to lose the second leg 3-0 and exit the tournament on away goals. Roma had less than 5% chance of winning that night. Liverpool have been given 4% chance of progressing tonight.

I think if Liverpool had a full side available I would actually give them a fighting chance on home turf. It's sad that so many influential players are sidelined but it's a chance for others to step up. You look at some of Liverpool's finest nights in Europe and it's been the unfashionable names that have come to the fore. I don't think I can back them to qualify but I certainly think they could win tonight.

Liverpool to Win @ 2.60 with Blacktype

BTTS @ 1.57 with MarathonBet

@vasilli07, @Xcout, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @matt-e-matticle, @EBTA, @cluelessG, @mtom, @Marek76, @allyhibs, @alani42, @jazzman02, @hristofor, @fhuefdsa @Gedkip, @Carovie, @money44, @Donvitz, @swasya, @vicsuna, @Neubs, @kevlevrone, @Jammycnut, @Hitch, and @WinningAdvice, are you guys betting on these matches?

I personally can't see Liverpool winning this. They have to chase HARD right from the start of the match which will eventually open up the match for Barcelona. Also, both Salah and Firmino will miss the match which is a huge blow for the home side. Barcelona rested their opening lineup against Celta, whereas Liverpool had to fight full 90+ minutes against Newcastle with their first XI. So it's Barcelona win for me, also small stakes on Barcelona -1,5 handicap.

Edited by Judeksi

5 hours ago, neilovan said:

Look, Liverpool shot themselves in the foot last week (Messi aimed the gun). But, an early 'Pool goal will get the crowed fired up, and the passion boiling. AT that point, anything can happen. If a lousy Man United team can go and get a result against PSG, then Liverpool  could certainly do it here.

If there is one guy I can't stand in football, it is Louis Suarez. As a grown adult, he has bitten 2 opponents, then diminished his time at LIverpool, saying they were garbage when he joined. I went to the 2010 World cup quarter final between Uruguay and Ghana at Soccer CIty in Soweto where he hand balled a ball on the line, which Uruguay ultimately won. A nasty human, who has found incredible success. Now he does'nt want to celebrate at Anfield ! Hopefully Liverpool give him no cause too ...   

haaaa Suarez might be nasty but he has a good footballing brain.He is just so unpredictable.I guess he will score tonight.That is him.

Liverpool vs Barcelona: Draw/Barcelona Half time/Full time

Everything about Liverpool & Barcelona injuries/ fitness has been said already and I see Spanish side as more likely to win.

Messi made the difference in first game and he is the bookies favourite for this year's Golden Ball, so I prefer mainly looking at Barca's historic stats with him.

Messi has won 7 times in the Champions League vs English teams in England or even 8 if you count the Wembley final vs Manchester United. Messi has lost 5 matches and drew 3 times in Champions League games played in England. Nearly 50% historic probability for Barca win while bookies give close to 35%.

Messi has won 4/5 out of 15/16 matches away vs English teams draw/Barca half time/Full time(second number is if you count the Wembley final), including a similar win last time he played at Anfield in 2007. That gives close to 30% historic probability compared to roughly 15% implied odds.

Barca won last 2 games vs Liverpool at Anfield Draw/Barca HT/FT. I see a tight first half maybe even 1:1 then Barca can catch Liverpool on the brea, especially with the pace of Dembele who had 3 big chances for less than 10 minutes in first game. Liverpool also lost Champions League final vs Real Madrid in a similar fashion last year without Salah for most of the match.

I see more value in backing Draw/Barca HT/FT than an outright win for Barca as historic and implied probability demonstrates.

Edited by vicsuna

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Ajax Amsterdam have won their last 6 matches. (Champions League)
Tottenham have lost their last 6 away matches. (Champions League)
Ajax Amsterdam have scored in 100% of their home matches. (Champions League)
41% of Tottenham’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute. (Champions League)

You can find interesting 34 Football Betting Streaks for 08.05.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-05-2019-14261

Ajax vs Tottenham

The second Champions League Semi-Final is coming up tonight from the Amsterdam Arena at 8pm where Dutch Eredivisie side Ajax take a 1-0 lead from the first leg into this home encounter against Premier League club Tottenham. Is that narrow advantage enough for the host team?

Ajax have won an army of admirers due to their displays during this competition so far. Erik ten Hag's side have already disposed of Dynamo Kiev, Benfica, Real Madrid, and Juventus in this year's competition. Now they are just 90 minutes away from adding Tottenham to that list. The Dutch side is still on for a treble having won the Dutch Cup, currently sit 1st in the Eredivisie on goal difference, and could qualify for the Champions League Final tonight.

Tottenham are still not out of this tie. Mauricio Pochettino has a history of pulling off shock results when nobody expects it. This is the same Spurs side that has already got at least a draw on the road against PSV, Barcelona, and Borussia Dortmund in this season's competition. They also did enough away to Manchester City to progress on aggregate. This is far from done and dusted.

Spurs boast four ex-Ajax players in the shape of Jan Vertonghen, Toby Alderweireld, Davinson Sanchez, and Christian Eriksen. They'll know what to expect tonight. Son Heung-min will also return to first team action which is a huge boost for the London club.

Unfortunately, the stats weigh up against Tottenham ahead of this clash. Only one of the previous 17 sides that have lost the first leg at home in a Champions League Semi-Final have gone on to reach the Final. That club was actually Ajax back in 1995/96 when they lost the first leg at home 1-0 against Greek side Panathinaikos before winning the away leg 3-0.

Tottenham have faced Dutch opposition away twice in the Champions League and drawn both games with an aggregate goal tally of 10 coming across the two games. Also, Spurs have only won 1 of their last 6 away games in the Champions League. That was the 1-0 win against Borussia Dortmund in the last 16 of this year's competition though.

I'm going to call it. I think Tottenham could spring a surprise and pull this tie back. I'm not sure they'll win it over 90 minutes but I can certainly see them winning 1-0 and taking it to extra-time and maybe penalties. You write this Spurs side off at your peril. Ajax have been mightily impressive this season but how much more do they have in the tank? I think they could fall short here. If not then there's no denying we are witnessing one of the great Ajax sides of all time.

Tottenham to Win @ 3.20 with Betway

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.30 with MarathonBet