** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Play-Off Predictions > May 11th

champratings.jpg

The Championship Play-Offs begin this coming weekend. It's not really too surprising the teams that are involved. It would be hard to argue against these sides deserving it. It's too close to call so we need to gather all our resources to try and get some profit out of this. Let us know your bets for these matches. :ok

39 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

I'm all over Villa to win the playoffs, 21/10 looks a good price to me. I don't think WBA are good enough despite finishing 4th, the other 2 have some sort of chance and at the odds I might still have a saver on Derby as I don't think there's much between them and Leeds.

I think leeds are poor favourites

hopefully waghorn is fit for the first game. I don't understand replacing him with nugent when Marriott was on the bench .

Aston Villa vs West Brom

The Championship Play-Offs are here and we begin the action with a Midlands derby between Aston Villa and West Brom from Villa Park in a 12:30pm kick-off. Two sides that were Premier League clubs until recently. One will take a step closer to a return to the top flight and one will move an inch closer to being denied that opportunity after this game.

Aston Villa hit a superb run of form towards the end of the season winning a club record 10 league games in a row. Dean Smith's side left it too late to trouble the automatic promotion contenders and there are concerns they peaked at the wrong time having failed to win their last two league matches. Leading scorer Tammy Abraham should be back in the team after missing the last three league matches so that's a positive.

West Brom took a huge gamble sacking Darren Moore and replacing him with the inexperienced James Shan. That bold strategy appears to have paid off with the Baggies winning 6, drawing 1, and losing 3 of their league games since. Just 1 loss from their last 5 league matches has put them in good stead for these play-offs even though that one defeat came in their last league match.

The visiting side are unbeaten in their last four matches with Villa. That includes winning and drawing the two encounters this season. West Brom striker James Rodriguez has scored 3 goals in his last 4 games against Villa so could be worth an anytime scorer shout.

I'm expecting goals to be scored here with only champions Norwich scoring more than Villa and West Brom this season. The two teams have scored a combined 169 goals between them this season. It'll be a closely fought matches and I'm swaying between a home win and draw. Villa have to be backed at that price though.

Aston Villa to Win @ 1.91 with Blacktype

BTTS @ 1.87 with RedZone

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, do you guys have any tips for these two play-off matches?

Derby vs Leeds

The second of the two Championship Play-Off Semi-Final first legs taking place this weekend is coming up on Saturday afternoon at 5:15pm from Pride Park when Derby face Leeds. The echoes of "Spygate" still hang in the air but both managers have been adamant in their claims that it will have no bearing on the atmosphere in this game.

Derby have earned a lot of admirers this season with Frank Lampard's attacking philosophy. The Rams secured the last spot in the play-off race finishing just 1 point ahead of 7th placed Middlesbrough. Six league games unbeaten to finish the season certainly helped and will give them all the confidence they need heading into this game.

Leeds experienced an opposite story coming into these play-offs. Marcelo Bielsa's side appeared to have automatic promotion wrapped up earlier in the season but a drop in form saw them slip out of the top two late on. 3 defeats and 1 draw from their final 4 league games confirmed their fate and it'll now be a huge challenge for Bielsa to pick his men up.

Lampard's side have only suffered 3 defeats at home all season. Given the fact that Leeds only managed 11 wins from their 23 away matches suggests this could be a tough one for the Whites. The plus side is that Leeds won both of their games in the league against Derby this season.

Both sides have their availability concerns. Derby will likely be without Martyn Waghorn and Duane Holmes. Leeds will not have the suspended Patrick Bamford and could be without the injured Pontus Jansson. The team that deals with these absentees the best will prevail. I just have a sneaky feeling that Leeds could get something here. I'm not sure they'll win but I think Bielsa's tactical superiority will help them grind at least a draw.

Draw @ 3.20 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.78 with Blacktype

Aston Villa vs West Bromwich

Aston Villa

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): James Chester (28/5 d), Tom Carroll (2/0 m), Orjan Nyland (23/0 first goalkeeper)

Suspended: -

West Bromwich

Doubtful: Jake Livermore (39/2 m)

Out (injuries/other): Gareth Barry (24/1 m)

Suspended: Hal Robson-Kanu (35/4 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Today i´m on Villa. Great Form and for me a better squad then WestBrom. Smith made a really good Job and if they had more time - i´m thinking of the whole Season and with Gralish fit whole season, they would be Promoted directly. Now they must play Play-Off, but at Home they are too strong today for West Brom.

Other Game today i play also - like StevieDay - the Draw. Leeds lost little bit of Form at the Moment and Derby on other Side with better Form, but for me Bielsa is a great Coach - so they will be motivated for today. My Call is here for this Game the Draw and also i played the Both2Score - think it will be end 1-1