** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > May 12th

eplratings.jpg

It's the final weekend of Premier League action for the 2018/19 season. All matters are sorted except for the final Champions League qualification spot, Europa League qualification places, oh and the small issue of the title! Manchester City or Liverpool? Where are you placing your bets? Let us know down below! :ok

Man CIty v Leicester

A perfect match up for Man CIty. Leicester have been BTTS in 7 straight away league games. SO they get the ball in the net. City probably need 2 goals 2 win here. They should do it, in a match that is perfect for their style of play. My feeling is a high scoring home win, but would still go over 3.5 goals at about odds of 1.90.

Brighton vs Manchester City

The Premier League comes to a thrilling conclusion this weekend and the first preview is obviously one of the two title contending games with Brighton playing Manchester City in a 3pm kick-off at the AMEX Stadium on Sunday. The visitors simply need a win to guarantee retaining the title but anything less and it opens the door for Liverpool.

Brighton were being tipped by a number of people to suffer an embarrassing relegation until recently. Unfortunately, for my beloved Cardiff, it was not to be. Chris Hughton's side did enough to secure safety in the top flight until next season. It might be 8 league games without a win for the Seagulls but it's now just 1 loss in their last 4 league matches so they're becoming a tough side to beat.

Manchester City are on an incredible run of 13 league wins in a row. Not only is it amazing that Pep Guardiola's side have maintained such a high level of consistency but it's the fact they've also managed to keep 10 clean sheets during that spell of victories. It looked like Leicester might deny them the advantage heading into this last round of games last Monday night but Vincent Kompany's stunning long-range strike allayed those fears.

At face value this might seem like a done deal. Any Manchester City will tell you otherwise. Remember the hard work they made of beating QPR for their league title win back in 2012 to win their first league title in 44 years? That was at home as well. On the road this season, City have failed to win in 5 of their 18 away games. It's not done and dusted yet.

The head-to-head record might also suggest City should win with the Citizens winning the past four meetings and only conceding 1 goal during those matches. However, it's always a close game with City not winning by more than 2 goals. I can see a similar story here. I do think City will win but it won't be a rout. Brighton looked liberated against Arsenal. Survival for them could be a nightmare for City. City to win by a 1-0 or 2-0 score-line but it won't be easy.

Manchester City to Win to Nil @ 1.87 with BetVictor

Draw HT/ Manchester City FT @ 4.80 with BetVictor

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, and @AndreBR, last round of Premier League matches here guys! Where are your bets going?

Liverpool vs Wolves

The second match that will have a possible influence on the destination of the Premier League trophy is the clash between Liverpool and Wolves at Anfield in a 3pm kick-off on Sunday. The Reds need a win to keep their hopes alive but also need to hope that Manchester City don't win at Brighton.

It seems insane that Liverpool could end the season on 97 points and still not win the Premier League title. Such is the brilliant effort by both themselves and Manchester City this season. Jurgen Klopp's side have reached the Champions League Final which will offer some consolation if this game ends in failure to capture the championship. They will need to navigate their way past a Wolves side that have beaten all of the top six teams in the Premier League table across all competitions this season.

Wolves are looking set to qualify for the Europa League via a 7th place finish provided Manchester City beat Watford in the FA Cup Final. Don't ask me what the implications of the winners of the Champions League and Europa League being English are but I'm not 100% sure it means England will get extra spots in the competitions. Anyway, Nuno Santo's side have won their last three straight league games and that means the Portuguese manager will pick an unchanged side for the 15th time this season.

The statistics do favour a Liverpool victory here. Liverpool have won the last four Premier League meetings and only lost 1 of the previous 9 top flight encounters. The Reds are also on a winning streak of 8 league games and possess the best undefeated run of 16 league matches in the top flight.

If Liverpool do avoid defeat in this game then it will be the first time in 39 years that they have remained unbeaten at home in two consecutive seasons. It is also 30 years since Liverpool last lost a home game on the final day of the season. Sadio Mane's 16 goals at Anfield in the league this season is the most by any player in the Premier League to score at home. I think backing a solid Liverpool win and Mane to score anytime will do the trick here.

Liverpool HT/FT @ 1.91 with Ladbrokes

Anytime Scorer: Sadio Mane @ 2.10 with Sportingbet

Last fixtures of the season always tend to throw up 1 or 2 crazy scorelines.  Spurs won 5-4 vs Leicester last season, and I seem to remember a Stoke 6-1 Liverpool score a couple of years back and also a West Brom Man U 5-5 draw not so long ago. 

As there are a lot of teams with not much to play for, it's very tough to know who is 'on the beach' and which teams are more up for the fight. Most teams will be in relaxed mood, and while I know most clubs can go up and down a place or 2 in the table, I doubt the players are overly motivated by this.  I think its quite likely we are going to get a few high scoring games with both teams scoring.  

As its the last round of fixtures, for me its tough to have a serious bet, so i'm going to try BTTS in all 8 of the fixtures with not so much to play for (not the games affecting the title).  And also smaller stakes on over 3.5 goals across the 8 fixtures as well just to keep me interested in all the matches and not just the title deciding games.

Brighton vs Manchester City

Brighton

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Davy Propper (30/1 m), Jason Steele (0/0 g), Jose Izquierdo (15/0 f)

Suspended: -

Manchester City

Out (injuries/other): Fernandinho (29/1 m), Claudio Bravo (0/0 g), Benjamin Mendy (10/0 d)

Burnley FC vs Arsenal

Burnley FC

Out (injuries/other): Steven Defour (6/0 m), Aaron Lennon (16/1 m)

Arsenal

Out (injuries/other): Aaron Ramsey (28/4 m), Denis Suarez (4/0 m), Hector Bellerin (19/0 d), Rob Holding (10/0 d), Danny Welbeck (8/1 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Brighton have failed to win in their last 8 matches in Premier League.
Watford conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 5 home matches in Premier League.
Manchester City did not concede any goal in their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 6 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 117 Football Betting Streaks for 12.05.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-12-05-2019-14301

Brighton  V City

Expect the unexpected.

Brighton should make it tough for Ciy. I wouldn't be sutprised to see a draw here. The Brighton players are up for a battle, and it is "El Capitains" last game. They willl want to send him off in style, and that means avoiding defeat.

Manchester United vs Cardiff

OK, so @thfc is telling us to expect crazy score-lines on the final day. @Tiffy is backing his Brighton boys to throw a spanner in the Premier League title works. I'm going to get on board with the shock scores and giant-killing theme by backing my Cardiff to get something in their game against Manchester United this afternoon at Old Trafford in a 3pm kick-off.

Manchester United are a club that have become nothing short of a shambles. The inability to beat Huddersfield away in a result that ultimately cost them a place in next season's Champions League was embarrassing. No disrespect to Huddersfield but United should be winning games like that. Appointing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on a full-time basis before the end of the season was a huge mistake and sums up how poorly run the club has become.

Cardiff are not the sort of team Solskjaer will want to play on the final day of the campaign. Rumour has it that Solskjaer could face the humiliation of being sacked if he loses this game. No offence to the man, he's a lovely bloke, but the mistakes he made at Cardiff took three managers and two seasons to correct. I know a lot of Cardiff fans that would love to see us beat them here and send him on his way as a bit of payback.

All the statistics back a United win. The Red Devils are unbeaten in the past 8 league meetings meaning we haven't beaten them since November, 1960. They beat us 5-1 at our place earlier in the season when Solskjaer first took over. The Bluebirds also haven't kept a clean sheet in the last 15 away matches against United.

I still think we could be worth backing to get something here. We are missing Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa which is a blow but we have players that are now playing without pressure. I hope they'll go out there and try to make a statement as we bow out of the Premier League. It's more likely than not that United will win but I am quietly optimistic we can cause a shock here.

Cardiff Double Chance @ 4.15 with MarathonBet

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 2.04 with Bethead

I am also selling the time of Brighton's first corner at 39m. Granted, I don't think they will have many, but, with a full house, and the adrenaline pumping, and perhaps a nervy City, I can see them getting one before then!

Ive also sold total goals at 3.3. I may be wrong, but I'd be surprised if there were more than 2.

Burnley vs. Arsenal

I think the prices are way off here. We all know Arsenal's away form has been extremely poor this season (2 away wins in their last 14, including 7 losses), and they just played a tiring away match in Valencia just two days ago and have booked their spot in the EL final, which is going to be their biggest game of the season since it's now their only shot at playing CL football next season. They may not risk some players during this match against a tough Burnley side, and I don't think they'll be killing themselves out there seeing as they don't really have anything to play for in the league now and have barely had any time to prepare for this match.

Burnley on the other hand, have been a much better team in the second half of the season, with 5 wins and 1 draw in their last 9 home matches in the EPL, including wins over Tottenham and Wolves. While they don't really have anything to play for either, players from any team are always motivated to play against any of the top teams in a league, especially on their own turf.

Burnley Double Chance @ 1.81 with Betfair - 8 Units

Back Burnley to win @ 3.3 with Betfair - 2 Units

Tottenham vs. Everton

Against all odds, Tottenham find themselves heading to a CL final for the first time ever. I think the market slightly overreacted to their win here though. The players will be emotionally and physically drained from Wednesday's match, and they're now up against an in-form Everton side, and will have to play without both Son and Kane among others. 

I think Everton have a pretty decent chance of getting something from this match.

Lay Tottenham @ 2.22 with Betfair - 4 Units

Edited by Hitch

On 5/12/2019 at 8:49 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

Manchester United vs Cardiff

OK, so @thfc is telling us to expect crazy score-lines on the final day. @Tiffy is backing his Brighton boys to throw a spanner in the Premier League title works. I'm going to get on board with the shock scores and giant-killing theme by backing my Cardiff to get something in their game against Manchester United this afternoon at Old Trafford in a 3pm kick-off.

Manchester United are a club that have become nothing short of a shambles. The inability to beat Huddersfield away in a result that ultimately cost them a place in next season's Champions League was embarrassing. No disrespect to Huddersfield but United should be winning games like that. Appointing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on a full-time basis before the end of the season was a huge mistake and sums up how poorly run the club has become.

Cardiff are not the sort of team Solskjaer will want to play on the final day of the campaign. Rumour has it that Solskjaer could face the humiliation of being sacked if he loses this game. No offence to the man, he's a lovely bloke, but the mistakes he made at Cardiff took three managers and two seasons to correct. I know a lot of Cardiff fans that would love to see us beat them here and send him on his way as a bit of payback.

All the statistics back a United win. The Red Devils are unbeaten in the past 8 league meetings meaning we haven't beaten them since November, 1960. They beat us 5-1 at our place earlier in the season when Solskjaer first took over. The Bluebirds also haven't kept a clean sheet in the last 15 away matches against United.

I still think we could be worth backing to get something here. We are missing Harry Arter and Victor Camarasa which is a blow but we have players that are now playing without pressure. I hope they'll go out there and try to make a statement as we bow out of the Premier League. It's more likely than not that United will win but I am quietly optimistic we can cause a shock here.

Cardiff Double Chance @ 4.15 with MarathonBet

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 2.04 with Bethead

Was anybody mad enough to follow me with the double chance bet? :loon