Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Bumpy

Best Lay Staking Plan?

I recently got into a system that lays horses (yeah, I know, exciting), and the system has an expected strike rate of 86%, with odds varying between 3.00 and 16.0, and I am wondering what the best approach or staking plan would be for this kind of system. I was thinking of doing either the Lay 1-4 or the 1% daily compounding, my worry would be that during the 1-4 sequence I would lose while in recovery mode things could go south fast, as for the 1% stake landing 2-3 winning horses in a row could kill 4-5 days of work.

:welcometo PL mate

Not sure we have many layers on here but have a look at the thread regarding staking plans:ok

Staking Plans 

First and foremost thank you. :ok

And I will have a look into that thread, I use laying because I am terrible with selecting winners and laying just tickles my fancy because I like having the odds on my side, in this case having 5, 6, 10 horses racing for me.

On 5/4/2019 at 9:10 AM, Bumpy said:

I recently got into a system that lays horses (yeah, I know, exciting), and the system has an expected strike rate of 86%, with odds varying between 3.00 and 16.0, and I am wondering what the best approach or staking plan would be for this kind of system. I was thinking of doing either the Lay 1-4 or the 1% daily compounding, my worry would be that during the 1-4 sequence I would lose while in recovery mode things could go south fast, as for the 1% stake landing 2-3 winning horses in a row could kill 4-5 days of work.

If I was into laying, I wouldn't even contemplate horses priced in the region of 16.00. It's far better to back at these odds because they regularly win on a daily basis. If you do decide to lay them, expect a few nasty visits  from the devil at some point. By that I mean, randomization - and randomization regularly upsets the formbook.

Actually, I wouldn't lay over 4.00 on horses. That's because the corridor between.4.00 and 16.00 (approx.), in my opinion, favours the backer.

I would go with level stakes also because one can never know when the rot may set in and then gradually increase as the year's tick by on method or system that has stayed constant with fair profits. I myself do up my stakes on single bets occasionally ew or place mainly if all the factors I use are very high in my favor, and is a good value price maybe around 10 times each year.