** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Hunter Chase - 7.35 Hexham

I will obviously review Cheltenham at some point next week, but it was a decent enough night although obviously kicking myself a bit for not just backing the two winners against the two short price favs that got beat, but there we go. I think Risk A Fine was caught out by the ground over that trip and I am sure connections wish they had taken him out in hindsight. The winner was impressive though and clearly has come back in very good health. My biggest mistake though was forgetting to actually back Caid Du Berlais as I thought I had on Thursday night, but I hadn't actually done it so I ended up with only actually backing Stand Up And Fight in the race! Still hopefully plenty profited from the tip and he was just as impressive as he was last year in the race.

Onto the Heart Of All England at Hexham on Saturday night and I will keep things fairly brief. The 6/1 that Buck Dancing was put in at was a silly price, but I still think the current price is value. He was entered at Cheltenham in the Intermediate Final, but this looks an easier race for him and the prize money is decent as well. He unseated at Catterick on his Hunter Chase debut, but his form in points is very strong. He beat Hardrock Davis by 8L prior to Catterick and that horse was the one Beyond Gold brought down at Kelso. Now we don't know what would have happened that day and obviously that was only his 2nd run, but in my view I don't think he would have won let alone beaten him by 8L. The run after Catterick was really impressive as the first and 2nd had a great battle and they set a really quick time. Last time he was 2nd to a horse who is 3/3 this season and looks a top prospect itself. He has the best form in the race for me and rates a decent bet.

Snow Castle's form is OK, but has a bit to find with the selection based on what he's done so far. As mentioned above I do think Beyond Gold has a bit to find as well although on just his 3rd start he might be up to it. He would be a danger for me. Hafajay was 2L behind Sam Cavallaro two starts back and that form was obviously franked on Friday, but it was only a 3 runner race and I doubt the winner was at his peak that day given Friday was his Gold Cup. He beat Wizadora last week and that one was 2nd in this last year, but given the horses who would have finished 1st and 2nd both departed late on that doesn't exactly say much. He is only 6, but has a bit to find. I don't really fancy Mr Pepperpot and I don't think Frankies Fire's wins add up too much. She was also well beaten by Hardrock Davis when 3rd two starts back when it was mentioned the horse deserves stronger handling so the jockey is a concern. 

So for me Buck Dancing should be up to winning this as his point form really does stand out in this contest.

Buck Dancing 2.5pts @ 11/4 with William Hill

Fair to say the pick didn't run his race at all. Obviously the bad mistake didn't help and maybe it affected his confidence after that, but he just didn't show his pointing form. It isn't as if he hasn't run under rules before so it isn't that he is just better in points. Maybe the jockey doesn't present him right at the fences, but I am surprised the stewards didn't ask why the horse ran so poorly. Beyond Gold dropped away very quickly as if something was amiss as well which left it to the other two at the head of the market to fight out the finish. Hafajay had seen support and he jumped well having made most of the running. He is clearly progressing so it will be interesting to see how far he goes although on the base of it its pretty average form. Snow Castle ran well in 2nd, but would probably need a weak hunter chase to win one.

Next races are on Tuesday at Fakenham and Exeter.