Announcements
*** June Competition Winners: Well done to Le Male (NAPS), Coco69 (KO Cup), Saddlesore (Royal Ascot) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - June 10 - June 16

Maybe its better to skip the WTA-Nottingham-Event this weak. Most of the players are here to get in shape for grass and the change of surface to Indoor-Hard cant be good for the motivation of some players. It doesnt make sense to me to play the women here. There are tournaments in the netherlands and germany and we got interesting challenger in kazakhstan as well. I will focus on them...

8 hours ago, darko08 said:

Rybarikova losing 5-1 the first set, looks like she doesn't want to stay in Nottingham (rainning everyday). I'm not watching the match, anybody is watching it?

Mate in SA had a stream. Said she was having her temperature taken by the doctor at the end of the set before retiring so she must be ill.

Hello my friends, this is my very first post here, but I've been follow this forum for a long time..
Well, today was a very nice day for betting, I thought is the more profitable day since a long time...
Starting with the fact that the grass season is here!, and all matches are more even.
For example... today where a lot of very profitable bets like Mannarino wins a set against Verdasco, or Jarry +4.5 handicap against Tsitsipas, or Kudla +4.5 handicap against Monfils... well, a lot of oportunities...
But, I thought the most clear bet today is: Felix Auger to beat Gilles Simon at 1.5 with Bet365... don't miss the chance to see that match, we have value here...

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Somehow, Bertens losing against Rus would be the perfect random WTA result to seal the deal for me for the week :loon.

I backed her a break down early on then basically face palmed myself as she went 1-5 down. I thought i had picked that short price fave to get smashed in straight sets lol

2 hours ago, monterosilva said:

Hello my friends, this is my very first post here, but I've been follow this forum for a long time..
Well, today was a very nice day for betting, I thought is the more profitable day since a long time...
Starting with the fact that the grass season is here!, and all matches are more even.
For example... today where a lot of very profitable bets like Mannarino wins a set against Verdasco, or Jarry +4.5 handicap against Tsitsipas, or Kudla +4.5 handicap against Monfils... well, a lot of oportunities...
But, I thought the most clear bet today is: Felix Auger to beat Gilles Simon at 1.5 with Bet365... don't miss the chance to see that match, we have value here...

Welcome and thanks for your bet! and also for your recomendations (all of them won). I expect more bets from you in the future😄

Inplay: Mikael Torpegaard to beat Tim Smyczek at 1.80 with Betfair

There's a lot of wind in Columbus this week but Mikael seems to be handling it pretty well so I think he can take his second straight sets win here. First was over Raymond Sarmiento and he impressed me in that match.

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

Inplay: Mikael Torpegaard to beat Tim Smyczek at 1.80 with Betfair

There's a lot of wind in Columbus this week but Mikael seems to be handling it pretty well so I think he can take his second straight sets win here. First was over Raymond Sarmiento and he impressed me in that match.

I meant Mikael Torpegaard to win in straight sets. That was the bet when he was 2-1 up in first set.

Zhizhen Zhang to beat Francisco Cerundolo at 1.80 with Betfair

I know I had Francisco to beat Facundo Mena the other day and after that he's played good enough to beat Roberto Quiroz but that's where I think it could end for him this time on hardcourt. But Francisco is clearly an underestimated player but he shouldn't be picked in this match because Zhizhen has been going strong in Columbus and has less time on the court and that could prove decisive in this match.

Edited by four-leaf

5 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Somehow, Bertens losing against Rus would be the perfect random WTA result to seal the deal for me for the week :loon.

Bertens showed admirable fight to retrieve the first set and it looks as though she'll go a break ahead in the second when play resumes tomorrow, but in the first few games the Dutchwoman was nothing short of shambles - serving at about 40% and with something like five double faults in her first three service games. Her performance level was the kind that makes you wonder how you can back anyone to beat anyone else with any confidence whatsoever and it's maddening to see professional players unable to get their serves in - it's a free shot that's completely under the control of the server, the net is always the same height and it doesn't move and neither does the service box and serving is a skill that is practised over and over and over again to the point that getting a serve over the net and into to the service box should be like a reflex action. Bad serving has got to be my biggest pet hate in tennis as I just can't see an excuse for it - even if you're up against a good returner, get your serve in and give yourself a chance at winning a point rather than giving your opponent free points all over the place like Bertens today who has in effect started with a two game handicap due to so many double faults.

Rant over :ok

Fresh from venting about serving, there's something I like tomorrow.

Dustin Brown to beat Felix Auger-Aliassime @ 2.75 Bet365

Brown delivered as an underdog against Sascha in the last round, so I don't see why he can't deliver as a lesser underdog in this one. Auger-Aliassime is a big talent and he has a couple of decent wins behind him here, albeit against the inconsistent Gulbis and the declining Simon, but he has very little experience on grass and I wonder if he will be able to deal with what Brown will throw at him on this surface. The German has good pedigree at this tournament and has claimed some scalps down the years, and his serve and volley style could see Auger-Aliassime out of points before they've even started. Brown is on a nice run having come through the qualifiers and I think his experience and grass-court nous will trump the youthful talent of Auger-Aliassime and at the price I'm happy to pay to see if I'm right.

Lucas Pouille to beat Jan-Lennard Struff at 2.11 with Pinnacle

It's easy for me to pick the frenchman in this one when I look at their head-to-head which reads 3-1 Lucas, all three times Lucas won was in 2017 and the one he lost was 2013 before he reached his higher level of play. The last two times they've met was on grass in Stuttgart and Halle and J-LS lost in 3 after winning first set both times. I consider Lucas level higher than J-LS level ever will be.

Cristian Garin to beat (+1.5 set) Borna Coric at 1.71 with Pinnacle

Borna lacks that offensive firepower to blow Cristian off the court. I can't imagine Cristian not to take a set here because he's played well enough this tournament for that to happen and Borna didn't play great last match when he beat Taylor Fritz. Cristian should have a decent chance for a set here.

Jarry to beat Gasquet at 2.11 with Pinnacle

For the first time after returning from an injury treatment Gasquet won two consecutive games in row, but to be honest we must say that his opponents were not impressive - Kukushkin and Beden. Remain a lot of questioning about the French's physical condition and now he has less time to rest. Jarry recorded an impressive victory against Tsitsipas and overall this player has been making progress in recent months. With his big service he has a great chance to win here.

Jordan Thompson to beat Alex De Miñaur at 2.65 with 888

Alex is absolutely far from his best form after the injury he had. He has win against Seppi in his first match here in 2 sets. Jordan has win against Tommy Paul in a 3 set match and he has destroyed Tiafoe in 2 sets. Considering that Alex is so far from his best form I think Jordan can take this.

Marton Fucsovics to beat (+1,5 Sets) to beat Milos Raonic at 1.72 with 888

We have another player here who is so far from his best form. Raonic has dropped a set in his 2 matches here against Popyrin and Tsonga. Fucsovics has win against Munar and Basilashvili. I think he can win this but will take the Sets Handicap.

5 minutes ago, darko08 said:

Marton Fucsovics to beat (+1,5 Sets) to beat Milos Raonic at 1.72 with 888

We have another player here who is so far from his best form. Raonic has dropped a set in his 2 matches here against Popyrin and Tsonga. Fucsovics has win against Munar and Basilashvili. I think he can win this but will take the Sets Handicap.

Doesn't Martin seem like the kind of guy that can't handle the pressure of holding serve? His record vs big servers is atrocious. I really believe he has trouble with the pressure of holding and his return is nothing fantastic where I think he has a shot vs Raonic. 

I'm just throwing it out there for discussion since I'm not betting this match yet.