Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***

I'm sure we can all agree his attitude was poor at the very least. He didn't like the conditions yesterday - fair enough - but I doubt Thiem liked them all that much either but he just got on with it. I don't understand why Djokovic didn't have the same attitude because if he had done he might have won the first set. As it was he had no chance - mentally he wasn't in the right place and if he had been then I don't think he drops the first set 6-2 and that first set potentially made all the difference in the match.

There was a definite air of entitlement from Djokovic for me about the wind and the rain. His body language gave off the impression that he didn't want to play and that if he didn't want to play then play should stop. That's my take from what I saw and from what I saw it's not hard to see why people don't warm to him in the way he would like.

His attitude towards the Umpire wasn't great either. Not exactly a shining example. Then there was his dash off the court almost the second it started to rain today before play had even been called. Granted it was always going to get called but players usually wait for the call. Djokovic had his bags packed and was making his way off the court almost before the announcement was made. Those are the little things that don't do anything to endear him to the fans.

But Djokovic did leave the court - both yesterday and today - without seemingly consulting the umpire. I mean yesterday Thiem was still on the court when Djokovic had left. Obviously this is slightly separate from calling off the match yesterday, but it's still shocking sportmanship. He did again today at 40-40 on his serve today.

He never liked to play in those kind of conditions. At this moment, i can remember at least two such matches.
Both from US Open. One was against David Ferrer when he was two sets down,and the otherone was against Murray in the final (it could be that it was not in the same year). He lost that final btw. And i don't remember he was showing some shocking sportmanship then..

I fully understand why people don't like his attitude i i'm fine with that. Really,i am.
But one thing is not to like him or his behaviour and completely other is showing some kind of disrespect by placing,let's say,some kind of "fake news informations" like we had yesterday.

Roland Garros final.  Nadal to beat Thiem 3-0 correct score @2.10 offered by bet 365.

My idea is that Thiem looks vulnerable. In my eyes he continues to carry mental holes in crucial moments. He is weak. His game is very impressive against top players, but the mental holes are visible to everybody. 

In addition he is under fatigue because of long match within raining stops. He is forced to play the final in less than 24 hours after the 5 setter against Djokovic. Not fair, sure. But we are not here to judge what is fair and what is not fair.

Nadal is in top form as always in Roland Garros. He was really huge against Federer. He had enough time to prepare himself mentally and physically.

Nadal will win 100% in my kind opinion. Here I go deeper and I risk the 3-0 correct score. Nadal always kills from the very first moment players with mental holes.

My confidence is high sky.

Good night friends

9 hours ago, eros said:

This late drift on Vondrousova made me think before the match. That performance by Marketa is a big, big joke, she looks totally unmotivated, without any will and chance.

NO MORE WTA on my value radar

Leaving my bet on Nadal as it is, no need to add anything more imo. Since the match is very likely to both start and finish today, Nadal should be able to get the job done with Thiem having little rest and presumably needing some. Thiem has enough weapons to fight with Nadal on almost equal terms, but I don't see him holding it all together for enough sets, especially after that mini-choke he threw in against Djokovic in the decider. 3-0 or 3-1 for Nadal look like the most likely results, slightly preferring 3-0.