Announcements
*** June Competition Winners: Well done to Le Male (NAPS), Coco69 (KO Cup), Saddlesore (Royal Ascot) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
BillyHills

Naps - Saturday May 4th

King’s Slipper 16.15 Thirsk (Win 4/1 Bet365)

On Classic days, I am always interested to see top jockeys riding somewhere else. One that has caught my eye is, “Newmarket” based jockey Adam Kirby travelling to Thirsk a 370 mile round trip.  The reason appears to be the £40k prize money on offer in the Thirsk Hunt Cup.  

Newmarket 3:35 Al Hilalee - 16/1 bet365 e/w thanks 

Al Hilalee - Charlie Appleby yard the 3yo only ran twice as 2yo first on July course here in the Weatherbys British EBF Maiden Stakes 7f GF , He was awkward leaving stalls and slowly away and was eventually held up in midfield before making headway over 2f out, Was ridden to lead when ran green and hung right over 1f out then he started to wandered left inside final furlong but stayed on strongly to win by 3.25 lengths , A good showing in first race on a racetrack, His 2nd race he travelled to France this time at Deauville 1m GS again slowly away but settle in behind leader before shaken up to lead 1f out was hard pressed on both sides late on and just held on , He's had a break of 259 days and probably some sun on his back in Dubai and some more schooling stamina wise , The Godolphin set up start off last season with winners after some poor years and I would expect the same applies this season with William Buick in saddle