** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England vs Pakistan > 1st T20 International

cricketodds2.jpg

The 1st T20 International between England and Pakistan that kicks off the summer series between these two nations is coming up this weekend. The odds heavily favour the home team but is there any value in Pakistan? Let us know what bets you think are worth putting down for this game.

@Fader, @neilovan, @Ocerradus, @aussietennisexpert, @NoFear, @owenclass, @pmwelec@notanotherdonkey, and @KillerKat.

England vs Pakistan

The first and only T20 international between England and Pakistan during this summer series (can we officially call it summer yet or am I being optimistic?!) takes place today at 11am when the game is played at Sophia Gardens in my home town of Cardiff. I had hoped to get tickets but the stars haven't aligned for me unfortunately.

England were looking a little dodgy against Ireland in their ODI on Friday. Had it not been for Liam Plunkett's four wicket haul then it might have been a different story for the English who fielded a side that was lacking a number of key players. It's expected they'll have a similar line-up against a stronger Pakistani side today.

Pakistan will want to start this series with a positive result. The touring side are going to be fielding an experienced top order and that could certainly make the difference. England have become trailblazers in the T20 format but without a number of big names this might be a closer result than the odds suggest.

Value here is certainly with a Pakistan win but I'm reluctant to back it because I think Pakistan might struggle to take wickets as quickly as they would without their top spinner Shadab Khan. That being said, this Pakistan line-up is strong in every other department with the likes of Babar Azam, Imam ul Haq, Mohammad Hafeez, and Shoaib Malik all included. On that basis, I'll reluctantly support a win for the tourists.

Pakistan to Win @ 2.37 with Coral

Highest Opening Partnership: Pakistan @ 2.00 with Bet365

@Fader, what are you thinking here mate?

Not a match I'll be betting on. No doubt Pakistan the value of the two. I think I would be siding on the unders on the 6 market if anything as i don't think it will be the most explosive match.

Pakistan will be ruing those missed opportunities to get Morgan out. You can't give a player like him extra lives in a game like that. It's ultimately cost them there. Cracking match in the end.