** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2019 Cricket World Cup

Bangladesh Vs Australia tomorrow then and I just think the 9/2 on Bangladesh is too big. We haven't seen much of Australia being tested. India beat them ofcourse, but Afghanistan I thought at times did well against them and if I remember right, they were even favourites at one point. Much of this game will be about leading runscorer Al Hasan and ofcourse if he goes early then no doubt it's goodnight vienna but if he stays strong and solid like he has in every innings so far then I think the 9/2 on Bangladesh looks too big.

I'll also take Linton Das as top batsman for Bangladesh. Naturally Al Hasan has come into at every innings and at 6/1 Das looks a great option if Hasan goes. I'll also take Hasan as MOTM. If he fires with bat and ball and Bangladesh do get the win, you would expect the nod to go to him.

2pts Bangladesh to beat Australia 9/2 bet365
1.5pts L.Das top bangladesh batsman 6/1 unibet
1pt Al Hasan - Man Of The Match 14/1 bet365

12 hours ago, Fader said:

Bangladesh Vs Australia tomorrow then and I just think the 9/2 on Bangladesh is too big. We haven't seen much of Australia being tested. India beat them ofcourse, but Afghanistan I thought at times did well against them and if I remember right, they were even favourites at one point. Much of this game will be about leading runscorer Al Hasan and ofcourse if he goes early then no doubt it's goodnight vienna but if he stays strong and solid like he has in every innings so far then I think the 9/2 on Bangladesh looks too big.

I'll also take Linton Das as top batsman for Bangladesh. Naturally Al Hasan has come into at every innings and at 6/1 Das looks a great option if Hasan goes. I'll also take Hasan as MOTM. If he fires with bat and ball and Bangladesh do get the win, you would expect the nod to go to him.

2pts Bangladesh to beat Australia 9/2 bet365
1.5pts L.Das top bangladesh batsman 6/1 unibet
1pt Al Hasan - Man Of The Match 14/1 bet365

West Indies had the game in the bag against Australia. Then blew it with ridiculous cricket. They were well ahead of the run rate, with wickets in hand.  Bangladesh, batting coach will have them play smart cricket. They have to see off Mitchell Starc and possibilities with the other bowlers will open up.

The two cheaters, Smith and Warner are key. If both of them fail, Bangladesh  in with a good shout.

Edited by neilovan

Well they certainly gave it a go but far too much damage done early on.

I think England win with ease today. I'm just trying to find an angle for a bet. If England bat first this could be very one-sided. I can't imagine England losing more than a couple of players and I really think Root can go well on this ground. If we bowl first, I think they will go cheap and therefor maybe only Bairstow and Vince would be needed.

Therefore, I'll go with the following :

4pts England Most Sixes / Highest Opening Partnership / Highest 15 over score / Top batsman 6/4 ladbrokes
2pts J.Root Man Of The Match 7/1 bet365
1pt Udana top Sri Lanka batsman 33/1 ladbrokes

The first seems very specific but each of those 4 markets you would have England as big favourites. Root as mentioned I fancy to go well and if he stays in for a big 100, it's likely he becomes MOTM. Finally, Sri Lanka will be all out before their 50 overs in my opinion so it makes sense to go for a big priced batsman lower down the order and although he hasn't produced in this world cup, Udana can hit it.

wow, who would have thought that would happen after Sri Lanka's innings. Incredible.

Looking at tomorrow's two matches and the later game interests me. I will again be taking New Zealand who face West Indies. I just don't think West Indies are in the right frame of mind. It's far too casual and everybody is playing like the team is in the final over and they need 20 runs. New Zealand should get the job done here. I'll take them to win and I'll also go with Pooran in the batting department for WIndies. Lewis and Gayle are easy to oppose and Hope is scoring very slowly, so Pooran looks the obvious choice here. The price on Lockie being MOTM is far too big. He could have a huge game here.

6.5pts New Zealand to beat W.Indies 8/13 ladbrokes
2pts Pooran top W.Indies batsman 6/1 ladbrokes
1pt L.Ferguson Man Of The Match 25/1 paddypower

In the other game, I would say India look nailed on. Dhawan is out of the World Cup, which does me a favour and anybody else who has Rahul as a top batsman in this world cup. Him and Sharma will have a tussle no doubt in this India team. The fact I have him and bowling bets from this match too makes it not worthwhile to bet on personally.

Bangladesh Vs Afghanistan
No value on the outright match odds but I do fancy Bangladesh to win this one and keep their hopes alive. I think Al-Hasan should really do well here. I see him getting a good score tomorrow. I'll also take Nabi again for Afghanistan. His price is too big for a player that tends to bat well at his number. Finally, to grasp some value I'll take the treble on Bangladesh. I think they will win and I think they score the best 15 over and partnership so makes sense to bet the treble.

3pts Bangladesh to win / Highest 1st 15 over score / Most 6s / Highest Opening Partnership 10/3
2pts Al-Hasan top Bangladesh batsman 3/1 betfair
2pts Nabi top Afghanistan batsman 7/1 Paddypower

On 5/22/2019 at 5:52 PM, harry_rag said:

I've gone for the following bet, which comes with a warning that I know nothing about cricket!

Buy Gulbadin Naib in Top Afghanistan bowler market at 6 with SPIN

Effectively that gives you almost 16/1 that he beats Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi, Mujeed Ur Rahman and Dawlat Zadran when he's no more than 8/1 to beat the whole field with the fixed odds firms. Fair to say I've been seduced by his 6 wicket haul against Ireland yesterday but it seems a decent price in a limited field.

I spent half the tournament thinking this was a proper mugs bet until I realised he was shown a "Gulbadin" on the scorecards when I was looking for Naib! :$

It's actually in reasonable shape after 7 innings as he's on 9 with the others on 7, 6, 5 and 4. Fingers crossed he can stay in front over the remaining couple of games.

England Vs Australia

Hugeeee match today as the old foes face eachother. Australia are starting to get better with every game and they are currently in a position where all their players are performing which you couldn't say about England.

Missing Roy still who has a really good record against Australia and with all the top 3 for Australia playing so well, unless England get Warner out cheaply, I just don't see how Australia are not the favourites in this match. You do wonder with England if losing to pretty poor teams in fairness was due to concentration and not really respecting the opponent fully. You wonder if because it's Australia they will raise their game here.

Bairstow and Warner know eachother very well. They both opened together in the IPL and did alot of damage so they also both saw when the other guy went out. I'm sure they'll be some discussion on both fronts about what the other guy doesn't like in terms of delivery. It leads me to the middle-order in terms of batsman bets.

All this in mind I will take Australia, who I think should be odds on here. I can't decide on who to go with between Buttler and Morgan for top batsman. I do think England will go that low. Morgan is on his home ground here and will know the boundaries where as Buttler you would say is due a big score.

5pts Australia to beat England 11/10 bet365
2pts J.Buttler top england batsman 13/2 betfair
1pt J.Buttler Man Of The Match 12/1 ladbrokes
1pt E.Morgan Man Of The Match 16/1 ladbrokes

Pakistan Vs New Zealand

Huge game today. New Zealand win and they are assured a semi-final spot. Pakistan win and they're back in the mix thanks to Englands failures. I'm taking Pakistan here. I think New Zealand despite them being unbeaten have played alot of the lesser teams or teams in poor form and are way overdue a defeat. Kane Williamson can only do it for so long. Pakistan will know a win is a must and for me the value is there.

5pts Pakistan to beat New Zealand 6/5 paddypower

West Indies Vs India :

It's going to be hard to find any kind of value in this match. West Indies are already out. Gayle looks like he can't be bothered. Well, they all do to be fair. Lewis is out. Andre Russell is out. Everything screams "INDIA!" in this one and i'm not going to argue with that. The match-line just doesn't appeal. I can't touch anything that includes 6s because on their day, West Indies hit them for fun, so for me I'll look at top batsman bets.

For West Indies, Hope seems to be the only guy that settles in and tries to accrue runs. The only batsman who isn't playing a T20 match and I am going to take him to be top batsman tomorrow. 

If West Indies bat first and fall to pieces, India could well only need 3 batsmen to do the job so with this bet I'm probably hoping that India start with the bat. I'm going to take a punt on Pant. I'm not 100% sure he will play tomorrow but if he does, he likes playing West Indies. In the tour against them in India late last year, he managed scores of 92 in both matches. 

3pts Hope to be top West Indies batsman 10/3 betfair
2pts RR Pant to be top India batsman 5/1 marathon

No Pant today which is a shame because that middle order was crying out for Pant to deliver. West Indies look so bad. I was tempted to go India most 6s today and I wish I did. They just don't look like they can be bothered. 

Pakistan v Afghanistan (on Saturday)

Pakistan's best two batsmen imo are babar azam and haris sohail

the two openers are inconsistent and hafeez a little reckless

sohail has scored 68 and 89 in his last two innings and whilst I think babar is the most likely to be top Pakistan batsman at 7/2, sohail is surely too big at 7/1 with unibet /888

the danger to the tip is Afghanistan bat first and don't post a competitive score as sohail comes in at 5, nevertheless:

bet: haris sohail top Pakistan batsman at 7/1

Edited by waynecoyne

Sri Lanka Vs South Africa :

Normally I would be saying South Africa all day. Their head-to-head against Sri Lanka just says it all. But, South Africa look really poor at the moment and although Sri Lanka are by no means playing amazing, that extra motivation that they could potentially make a top 4 spot may push them on here.

Sri Lanka will need everybody on form tomorrow. Malinga will have to bowl like he did against England. All the batsmen must be up for it and totally committed and concentrated.

I'll take a small chance on Sri Lanka. I'll also take Malinga Man Of The Match. They will need him to be on fire in this match. I'll finish with an outside bet on Morris to be top batsman for South Africa. Van Der Russen looks another solid bet at 6/1 but i'll stick with Morris at a huge price.

4pts Sri Lanka to beat South Africa 15/8 betway
1pt L.Malinga Man Of The Match 16/1 ladbrokes

0.5pts C.Morris top SA batsman 33/1 ladbrokes

On 5/23/2019 at 2:03 PM, harry_rag said:

Right, I've done some analysis looking at the last 4 World Cups and focusing on games played between the 10 teams taking part this year. In total, there have been 103 games between those 10 teams (between 23 and 29 in any one tournament). This year, there will be 45 games between those ten teams (45 round robin and 3 knock out).

Over those 4 World Cups, there have been 4 hat tricks in games between the 10 teams (and another 3 in other games). There were 2 (0) in 2015, 0 (2) in 2011, 1 (0) in 2007 and 1 (1) in 2003. On that basis, I'm happy to take 6/4 about there being at least 1 hat trick this year.

:okMissed it yesterday but see that Boult did the honours for this bet. Starc and Cummins have also covered the 30+ wickets line with something to spare. One or two others still in the mix as we approach the end of the group stage.

England Vs New Zealand :

I think England here all day. With Roy back it has steadied the top order down and with this being such a big game I think Roy, Bairstow and Roy can all score well here today. I'm taking England to win and get the most 6s at just shy of evens. I'll also take Kane top scorer for NZ.

6pts England to win and Most 6s 5/6 betfair
4pts K.Williamson top batsman for NZ 9/4 Paddypower

What a bizarre way for Kane Williamson to go out. Never would have thought the other bet would have won with just 1 six on the scorecard but thanks to Bairstow and the England bowlers it was the only six.

Afghanistan Vs West Indies -
Value has to be on Afghanistan. Both out already ofcourse and Afghanistan losing every one of their 8 matches but West Indies just do not look they can be bothered. I've had the same kind of reasoning for laying them throughout the last month and I'll continue to back any team that play them. Afghanistan have had their moments in this world cup and they have enough power to beat West Indies.

5pts Afghanistan to beat West Indies 16/5 betfair

29 minutes ago, Fader said:

What a bizarre way for Kane Williamson to go out. Never would have thought the other bet would have won with just 1 six on the scorecard but thanks to Bairstow and the England bowlers it was the only six.

Well done on the win. Another antepost bet landed for me as Root smashes (well, bumps up against) the 500+ runs barrier! :lol

On 6/24/2019 at 2:40 PM, harry_rag said:

I spent half the tournament thinking this was a proper mugs bet until I realised he was shown a "Gulbadin" on the scorecards when I was looking for Naib! :$

It's actually in reasonable shape after 7 innings as he's on 9 with the others on 7, 6, 5 and 4. Fingers crossed he can stay in front over the remaining couple of games.

Naib nabbed on the line by Nabi! Fell 1 wicket short. He only bowled 3 overs today. I blame the captain! ;)

Pakistan Vs Bangladesh :
Very different kind of scenario today in the sense that if Bangladesh bat first, Pakistan are instantly out. Pakistan need to win by 300 odd runs and it's just not going to happen. With that in mind I think there is some value on Bangladesh. Yesterdays gamble on Afghanistan didn't come off but it was a very close match in which I still thnik Afghanistan would have won if they batted first. If Bangladesh DO bat first, I think it's even more likely they win.

I'll also take Al-Hasan as top batsman for Bangladesh. I'll take a long-shot for Pakistan in Sohail.

4pts Bangaldesh to beat Pakistan 13/8 betfred
2pts Al-Hasan top Bangladesh batsman 11/4 bet365
1pt Sohail top Pakistan batsman 7/1 betfair

Sorry guys. Had abit of a cold last few days. Al Hasan done the business atleast in the Bangladesh match. I didn't see much I liked in the match today. I fancied India to win quite easily. Annoyingly, I would have taken Kane as top batsman but hey ho. I'm just looking at the match Thursday. I'll certainly have something for that match.

Australia v England

Alex Carey has been in good form despite batting at no. 7

In the last 2 games he has scored 85 v South Africa (2nd only to warner) and 71 v New Zealand (2nd to Khawaja).

With injuries to Khawaja and possibly Stoinis i'm hoping that he is moved up the order which will give him more time.

The Aussies say they won't do this but they wouldn't tell us if they were thinking of doing this (witness the attempts at mind games).

I think that he is overpriced and have backed him to be top Aussie batsman at 14/1 with betfred (16/1 with blacktype).

Australia Vs England :

With India struggling so much currently this could well be a "winner takes all" kind of match, with no disrespect to New Zealand. I think either of these teams would beat New Zealand and ofcourse in a matter of an hour these teams will know who they would face in a final. Perhaps it brings an added bit of pressure. 

In the group-stage match between these two, Australia won ofcourse but Finch scoring 100 and England scoring just 39 for 4 wickets really dented any chance. England also was missing Roy as opener. I think things will be different tomorrow and I'm backing England to win.

England have a fantastic record at Edgbaston and Australia quite the opposite. Not winning on the ground since 2001 believe it or not. 

England bat much deeper than Australia and if Warner/Finch go early or if Roy/Bairstow get going early (whichever way the toss goes) then England should be well on their way. 

I am also going to take Carey as an outsider top batsman as I think Australia after the top 2 are very weak. Smith hasn't come to the party really in this world cup.

5pts England to beat Australia 4/5 betfred
1pt A.Carey top Australia batsman 16/1 Blacktype
1pt B.Stokes top England batsman 10/1 bet365
1pt J.Archer Man Of The Match 14/1 betway