Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

2019 Cricket World Cup

1 hour ago, Stegosaurus said:

312 should be a fairly routine chase really, that’s disappointing from South Africa, although the Amla injury might have been a big contributing factor there.

Jofra Archer is noising me up already, it’s gonna be a long month or two having to listen to the English media wanging on about how great they think he is.

A strange game. SA pegged them back pretty well and 310 looked possible. No demons in that track at all.

But it looks like they have team selection wrong. Amla has been an incredible servant and ambassador for SA cricket but his powers are on the wane. Duminy is a bits and pieces player, who has not put in a match winning performance for 5 years. Gotta be playing Miller and Morris instead. Miller (to his credit) has never been the same since the incident in the IPL (he hit a six in a game that hit a spectator in the eye, and blinded the person) . It really messed him up with subconscious guilt.  Both are potential match winners. Miller also had the additional problem of always batting in a sticky situation. Either have a blast at the end of an innings, or dig the team out early. Very infrequently is the table set for him.

2 hours ago, Stegosaurus said:

312 should be a fairly routine chase really, that’s disappointing from South Africa, although the Amla injury might have been a big contributing factor there.

Jofra Archer is noising me up already, it’s gonna be a long month or two having to listen to the English media wanging on about how great they think he is.

I thought archer's black arm strapping contrasted nicely with the pale blue shirt

West indies Vs Pakistan

I fancy West Indies here. Pakistan just do not feel me with any kind of confidence. I picked West Indies as an outsider pre tournament and if they cannot win matches like this they are not going to make the top 4. On such a tiny pitch I would expect many runs today and many 6s. Indies have so many powerful players who can hit the boundries. I have Hope as a top batsman bet this World Cup, otherwise I would be on him to top score for WIndies today.

4pts W.Indies to win / Most sixes / Highest 1st 15 runs 11/4 Paddypower
2pts F.Zaman top pakistan batsman 4/1 paddypower
1pt S. Hope Man Of The Match 12/1 paddypower
0.5pts W.Indies to score over 500 runs 66/1 paddypower

52 minutes ago, Stegosaurus said:

How does that work in terms of your payout?

Is it the same rules on different sites?

Is it the same rules if bowlers take the same number of wickets, or does it go to economy or number of balls bowled or something like that?

Thanks

Yeah, I think it's different everywhere. Rather annoying really because Zaman had the better rate which in my eyes mean he should have won but with PaddyPower they gave me half the winnings.

Also good to see Pooran get the 6s at the end. the 11/4 was also a winner.

How does that work in terms of your payout?

Is it the same rules on different sites?

Is it the same rules if bowlers take the same number of wickets, or does it go to economy or number of balls bowled or something like that?

Thanks

Sorry just saw the last part of your question. Normally I think with bowlers, it's economy.

NZ Vs Sri Lanka :

Another mis-match tomorrow I think. I can't see anything but a New Zealand win. I think the likes of Dilshan could still be in this team. The quality is very poor. The only shining light for Sri Lanka is the legend that is Angelo Mathews who is still around and should be able to put a 30-50 away hopefully but other than that I expect a precession for NZ. Boult should be the man for the job with the ball although Ferguson is one to watch.

5pts NZ to win the match AND have the Most 6s 6/5 paddypower
2pts T.Boult top NZ bowler 7/2 William Hill
2pts A.Mathews top SRI batsman 4/1 paddypower
1pt T.Boult Man Of The Match 15/1 unibet

On 5/23/2019 at 1:15 PM, harry_rag said:

I'd already decided to go with the lowest team total <100 bet at 7/2 before I'd realised there were less minnows taking part this year. I've had a saver on it being <120 at 2/1 with Skybet which seems a more likely outcome for the 10 teams taking part.

Nearly landed both of those with just 2 matches played but at least the saver part is already in. On reflection, 2/1 was clearly a great price while it lasted given that the <120 line ended up being offered at between 8/11 and 6/5 by 4 different firms.

13 hours ago, harry_rag said:

NZ/SL: Boult top NZ bowler at 7/2 with Hills.

RP tip this at 11/4 so looks worth chancing at the boosted odds.

I was thinking this was a great bet but Boult hasn't been up to his usual standards today. Quite frightening given New Zealand are giving Sri Lanka a bit of a battering at the crease. I know nobody is expecting much from Sri Lanka who are a lifetime away from the World Cup winners of 1996 but this will be an encouraging display so far for the New Zealanders.

South Africa Vs Bangladesh :

I fancy SA to get their first win tomorrow morning. I think things went against them alittle bit against England and although it wasn't a great performance, I think if Steyn is back and maybe they can bring in Miller to improve their batting options, it could be a lot better for them. SA have a good record against Bangladesh in ODI and although most of those matches were played in Bangladesh, on English conditions I would still fancy them to get the job done.

I have Iqbal as a big outsider top batsman in this tournament. He is a real class act and I'm going to take him to be Bangladesh's top batsman in this. I'm also going to stick with the talented Phehlukwayo to be Man Of The Match. 

3pts T.Iqbal top Bangladesh batsman 10/3 paddypower
1pt Phehlukwayo (Man Of The Match) 20/1 bet365

To be honest abit of both. I can't be taking SA to get 320 the way they are playing and without Amla. SA won the toss and made the wrong decision. Really poor and they're in trouble now.

England Vs Pakistan ;

England's 2nd match gets going tomorrow morning. England won their first match pretty well. A match that could have been an upset for them. They batted well after losing an early wicket and they bowled well with Archer. Pakistan were pretty terrible in their first match against West Indies. England also beat Pakistan 4-0 in their ODI series. Including a win on this ground.

Archer really put it to South Africa and I think he'll probably end up doing a similar role here. The fast ball is causing all kinds of problems for teams and so I'll take Archer at 3s and also take England on the treble offered by paddypower. England are fast starters and have so much batting ability now that 13/10 is a nice price.

5pts England to win match / Most 6s / Highest 15 over total 13/10 Paddypower
2pts J.Archer (England top bowler) 3/1 bet365
0.5pts J.Archer (Man Of The Match) 16/1 bet365

10 hours ago, Fader said:

England Vs Pakistan ;

England's 2nd match gets going tomorrow morning. England won their first match pretty well. A match that could have been an upset for them. They batted well after losing an early wicket and they bowled well with Archer. Pakistan were pretty terrible in their first match against West Indies. England also beat Pakistan 4-0 in their ODI series. Including a win on this ground.

Archer really put it to South Africa and I think he'll probably end up doing a similar role here. The fast ball is causing all kinds of problems for teams and so I'll take Archer at 3s and also take England on the treble offered by paddypower. England are fast starters and have so much batting ability now that 13/10 is a nice price.

5pts England to win match / Most 6s / Highest 15 over total 13/10 Paddypower
2pts J.Archer (England top bowler) 3/1 bet365
0.5pts J.Archer (Man Of The Match) 16/1 bet365

The key here is going to be how Pakistan address the issue of not handling the short ball well. It appears that the wind is quite strong today so that will favour the fast bowlers from the one end. If Archer gets his eye in then it could be a painful game for Pakistan. I think you're spot on to back England to dominate this game. :ok

haha, steg. They were never value from the get-go. England still has a weak underbelly, even if it's maybe not quite as weak as it used to be.

Looking at tomorrows game, Afghanistan at evens for me. I think they looked much the better team if you compare the performances. Afghanistan looks well capable of hitting big scores whereas Sri Lanka just look a shell of a team who I would imagine won't hit 300 once this tournament.

5pts Afghanistan to beat Sri Lanka evens bet365

14 hours ago, Fader said:

haha, steg. They were never value from the get-go. England still has a weak underbelly, even if it's maybe not quite as weak as it used to be.

Looking at tomorrows game, Afghanistan at evens for me. I think they looked much the better team if you compare the performances. Afghanistan looks well capable of hitting big scores whereas Sri Lanka just look a shell of a team who I would imagine won't hit 300 once this tournament.

5pts Afghanistan to beat Sri Lanka evens bet365

Yeah, I think this is a great tip and so far you're being proven correct. Sri Lanka are always starting well but just suffer these inexplicable and ill-disciplined collapses. I just saw the run out. It reminded me of a football tour I went on. We set up a pair of wickets between two caravans and we'd been drinking a "magic punch" for 4 hours. I think our running between the wickets was better communicated than Sri Lanka. If you've bet on Sri Lanka today then you have every right to be nervous. I think only Malinga can save them today and even that might be asking too much.

Those are both just metaphors that you’re using though, without any clarification.

In test cricket, England love a collapse, but in T20 and One Day, they seem to bat so deep (6 potential match winners, even though I’ve never rated Eoin Morgan, plus 5 bowlers who can all bat) that it’s pretty difficult for them to collapse. 

Cricket is a strange sport, in that even the best teams/players only perform well 3 times out of 4, so there will always be matches that can go wrong. I don’t think that’s down to any weakness in England’s batting any more - somehow they’ve ended up with the best batting line-up in the world, I have no idea how that happened!

The only issue is their bowling, whether it’s good enough to win the big matches and tournaments, particularly in pressure situations. Ben Stokes’ performance in that final over of the T20 World Cup is the sort of bowling you’d expect from England when the going gets tough.

I'm not sure what you're asking me? My statement was "England was never value. Because they still have abit of a weak underbelly" effectively.

I don't think anybody can think 2/1 on England is value to win 5 or 6 out of 8 minimum and then another 2 knock-out matches because they still have the tendency to collapse. Yes, all teams do. But not all teams are 2/1 favourites. I would want a team that do both very well to take 2/1.

calamity cricket yesterday. 2 matches today. Abit crazy really the setup. India having their 1st match of the world cup and South Africa now more than 33% into their tournament.

Anyway, India look the pick today as South Africa just look abit void of quality. India are a short price though, so I will take them to win and also have the most 6s. South Africa have had 4 and 3 in their two matches and I think India can beat that kind of score today with the quality at hand. I'll also take Yadav as top wicket taker today. I have him outright for the world cup also. He loves playing South Africa too.

I think South Africa will have troubles in bowling without Steyn and Ngidii too. I would imagine anybody in the India team would score big. If they bat first, you could see a huge score today. I like Sharma and Rahul today but I'll stick with just the two.

I'll leave the New Zealand Vs Bangladesh match for now. I will have another look before the match.

5pts India to beat SA AND have Most 6s 13/10 paddypower
2pts Yadav top wicket taker for India 3/1 sportingbet

Australia Vs West Indies -

I think there is abit of value on West Indies today. They looked solid in their first match but this is their first real test. Australia looked good but looking at the performance since of Afghanistan you wonder if that is not as good as you think.

I'll take Hope to turn up today. I think especially if West Indies bat first he has every chance. I'm tempted with Cummins for Australia but I'll just settle for these two at big prices

2.5pts WIndies to beat Australia 9/5 betfair
1.5pts Hope top Windies batsman 10/3 paddypower

West Indies really should have won that. Hope done well building his innings then made a real mistake but Holder should have done better from the position he was in too. Good to see Hope get a good score though.

Pakistan Vs Sri Lanka :

Not a whole lot of options in this one really. Also highly likely to be rain around. Sri Lanka may actually be a spot of value today with the potential for more DL. One bet I do like is Kusal Perera top batsman. I think it's been shown he is the class batsman in the team and the opener can do it again today

2pts K.Perera top Sri lanka batsman 4/1 bet365