** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Punters Lounge Exclusive £150 added Poker League - May - Wed 29th May - Fun Week

avongirl

The Punters Lounge £150 added Poker League continues this week with our May league.  All games are played in the PokerStars Home Games PL Poker Club.  This month will feature a PLO leg in week 3 with the other 3 legs NLHE, plus to help boost numbers in the final leg and keep the league competitive we will again be trialling double points in leg 4.

Leg 1 : Wednesday 1st May at 20.00 GMT in the PL Poker Club Home Game.

Leg 2 : 8th May

Leg 3 : 15th May - PLO

Leg 4 : 22nd May - double points

Buy in is $5.50 per leg.

Your top 3 scores of the 4 legs will count towards your league total. We will be using the usual PL league format, which will be updated in this thread. (The PokerStars own league scores will not be used.) Formula is -Log(position/Entrants)x100

All members are welcome, however you must post in this thread if asked to let us know your forum username, otherwise your placings and scores cannot be included in the league.  Please spread the word and invite your friends so we can get the weekly numbers to keep this league viable.  New players always welcome to join in.

To join the PokerStars PL Home Games Club:

club id = 744199

password = PLPokerClub

We also have a PL Poker Club Facebook group where regular reminders are also posted. Please request to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/524375907722928/

£150 Added Value

The £150 added will be split between the top 3 players of the league end, with £75 to the league champion, £45 to 2nd and £30 to 3rd.  This will be payable via PayPal at the end of the league.  Big thank you to SirPuntalot and Punters Lounge for the added funds.  Winners will also get Punters Lounge merchandise. See below.

Punters Lounge Merchandise

Updated 3rd April 2019:

You can now win unlimited Punters Lounge merchandise, even if you have won them before. It consists of the mug with a wraparound logo, updated to our new 3D logo recently. You'll also win a pack of 10 pens, which have also been upgraded to a much better quality. See below :ok 

pl merchandise.jpg

Good luck!

League Table

PLStars 19054.jpg

16 hours ago, ian309 said:

It would appear that I am back ! Just logged into Stars on the off chance... and it lets me play. There has been no email from Stars, no notification, no explanation, no apology, not a sausage. Their customer service really does redefine incompetence. 

See you back on the felt tomorrow :ok

:nana:cow Great news! Now keep your lad away from your wifi :p

21 hours ago, ian309 said:

It would appear that I am back ! Just logged into Stars on the off chance... and it lets me play. There has been no email from Stars, no notification, no explanation, no apology, not a sausage. Their customer service really does redefine incompetence. 

See you back on the felt tomorrow :ok

That is a good enough reason for me to join in the fun tonight :-) 

Well done Barry, and the win takes you to the top of the league :clap

Next week we have our PLO leg. It's the normal structure, but with a 3000 starting stack so should allow for plenty of play.

If we could just get all 12 of you from legs 1 and 2 playing together in the same leg it would be great!  I'm already registered :ok

Congratulations to Ian who bags the double points win and takes the top spot in the league with it. :clap So pleased that PokerStars let you back in! :nana

Muttley's 2nd place also lifts him up into 2nd overall, with Marek holding onto the final podium spot :clap

Double points seems to have drawn in the players with this final leg achieving the highest number of the month, and good to see the overall total improving too.  Thank you to all who played :ok

As we've finished early this month we're planning to do a 'fun' game next week. Will give @ian309 the winner's choice of what variant we play. :drums

Here's how to claim your added prize money 

Instructions for League Winners:

1st ian309  £75 + PL Mug and Pens

2nd muttley  £45

3rd Marek76  £30

To claim please email [email protected] with the following:

Subject: Poker League

Message Content.

PL Username: *
PayPal Email: *
Prize Amount/Position: £75 (1st) / £45 (2nd) / £30 (3rd)

Winner (ian309) - please also provide address for PL Mug & Pens to be sent

Payment may be delayed this month as we've finished a week early, and are normally processed together for all our monthly competitions up to 14 days after the end of the month. Well done everyone :clap

@Sir Puntalot

6 hours ago, avongirl said:

Congratulations to Ian who bags the double points win and takes the top spot in the league with it. :clap So pleased that PokerStars let you back in! :nana

Muttley's 2nd place also lifts him up into 2nd overall, with Marek holding onto the final podium spot :clap

As we've finished early this month we're planning to do a 'fun' game next week. Will give @ian309 the winner's choice of what variant we play. :drums

Thanks Helen... I am the living proof that even a blind squirrel will eventually find a nut :)

As for the 'fun' game next week, my preference would be for Razz or Badugi, or even 2-7 Triple Draw, all great games, but I'm guessing they probably wouldn't get many takers. So unless there's a tidal wave of requests from members for one of these, how about PLO ?

17 hours ago, ian309 said:

As for the 'fun' game next week, my preference would be for Razz or Badugi, or even 2-7 Triple Draw, all great games

Any of those would be my choice too!  Razz is maybe the easiest to pick up, for anyone unfamiliar with it? 

We could try a double header, I could set up a Razz and a PLO, $3 each.

I'm away until Tuesday, see if we get any feedback, and I'll set something up then :ok

OK, I've gone for the double header with a staggered start. :ok

Razz at 8.00pm, can't remember if we used to tweak the structure when we played the variant league so it's just the normal 2000 chips, 10 min blinds.

PLO starts at 8.10pm to give you chance to suss out how to play Razz a little before it sets off. I've left this at 2000 chips so it'll be quicker than when we play it in the league.

I'm not sure if I'll be home in time to play tonight and don't want to pre-reg and spoil the dynamics, but hoping to make it for Razz time.