** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > May 3rd - 6th

eplratings.jpg

It's the penultimate weekend of Premier League action. A lot of issues at both ends of the table left to sort out. Last chance saloon for my Cardiff side. Take a look at the odds and ratings above then let us know your tips. If you're a fan of one of the clubs playing then your input will be even more appreciated. :ok

bournemouth are value at home. they may not look defensively solid but they make up for it in attack so i can see them scoring one or two goals. i think tottenham are reaching the end of the season in very tired and sluggish form. i just don't think after injuries and midweek champions league match they will be at their best.

i wonder if the premiership title race is going to be decided here when newcastle host liverpool. benitez always set out with five defenders at the back and when liverpool needs every ounce of energy to breakdown that kind of team it's tough and frustrating especially as they will have to give their maximum against barcelona on wednesday. i can see this match being 2-2 or 3-2 to newcastle.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Everton did not concede any goal in their last 4 home matches in Premier League.
Burnley have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 67 Football Betting Streaks for 03.05.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-03-05-2019-14230

Cardiff vs Crystal Palace

The Premier League action may well start tomorrow night but with the action spanning across the whole weekend I'm starting my previews on the Saturday afternoon when Cardiff fight for their lives in this division against Crystal Palace at the Cardiff City Stadium in a 5:30pm kick-off.

There is no other way to dress this up. If the Bluebirds fail to win this game then they are relegated. Brighton are 4 points ahead of Neil Warnock's men with two games to go. Brighton only need a win from their two remaining matches to secure safety. Cardiff need two wins and hope that Brighton don't earn more than 1 point from their remaining two games due to their superior goal difference.

You'd be forgiven for thinking Crystal Palace were already on the beach. The Eagles are in 12th place with nothing to play for but are still churning out the performances. Roy Hodgson's men have held an in-form Everton to a 0-0 draw and beat Arsenal on their own patch with a 3-2 win.

Personally, I'm struggling to see how Cardiff can survive now. We've dropped points in the key games against teams around us. The Fulham defeat was awful but it was also the manner of the loss that hit us. Warnock's decision-making has been bizarre at times but I'll forgive him because he's still got us fighting with two games left. Nobody thought we'd still be alive by now.

Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling we either won't get what we need or we will but Brighton will somehow nullify it by getting a result. This might be my instinctive pessimism but I think Palace could put the nail in our coffin here. Still, I'm a Cardiff fan so I'll back us until the end. Ignore this emotional tip. Cardiff to scrape a win but likely relegated anyway because Brighton will get something in their game. Sod's law.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.70 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.95 with Betfair

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, @thfc, @Hitch, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys looking to place this weekend?

Everton FC vs Burnley FC

Everton FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: Andre Gomes (26/1 m)

Burnley FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Steven Defour (6/0 m), Aaron Lennon (16/1 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I think Fulham might be worth a go on the +1 at 2.6 (bet365).  Wolves all season raise their game for the big teams and struggle against the smaller teams.  It's tough to know the mentality of either team as neither have much to play for but Fulham seem to be playing with some confidence at the moment, and I don't think Wolves should be as short as 1.55 to win this.

if cardiff manage to shut down zaha could win but honestly crystal palace are ruthless on counter attack. this is a match they can absolutely destroy cardiff on counter attack. i hope i'm wrong but cardiff need to score first and let crystal palace come onto them. they are useless then

Everton vs Burnley: Draw/Everton HT/FT 

Everton has won 50% of its home games or 9 out of 18. 6 or 2/3 of those wins were Draw/Everton Half time/Full Time. Burnley has lost 50% of its away games.

Last game of the season at home for Everton and I think they will match 17/18 season's tally of 7 Draw/Everton HT/FT wins at home. Both Everton and Burnley have drawn at half time 10 out of their 18 home and away games respectively.

Burnley are a tough nut to crack but I reckon Everton are going to snatch a win in the second half of the match tonight

Edited by vicsuna

33% of Newcastle Utd’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Liverpool have won their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Bournemouth have failed to win in their last 5 home matches in Premier League.
39% of Tottenham’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.

You can find interesting 124 Football Betting Streaks for 04.05.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-04-05-2019-14233

I usually stick a tonne on Brighton to get raped but after their exertions last night in Europa league can't see the Arse sticking it up Brightons arse by more than one goal so for me the value is on Brighton +1 this week. 

Well you were doing really well with your first post, but you've gone back to your old self on the second one. Your homophobic smut seems only to be reserved for Brighton and no other club. There is no mention of it in your Leicester write up.

I followed Brighton for 17 years whilst I lived in Sussex, and I can tell you, all the homophobic innuendo just gets boring. There is no room for racism, homophobia or bullying on here. Banter is fine, but keep it respectful. 

If it carries on, then I will be off.

Over to you Mods.......

Edited by Tiffy

@stevieday1983 I'm with you on Cardiff. I think it's a game they will win, and Palace aren't going to do Brighton any favours.

Brighton will go to Arsenal and look to preserve the point they start with, similar to when they played Spurs. I'd go for an unders game here, with CH playing a 6-4-0 formation

@stevieday1983 I'm with you on Cardiff. I think it's a game they will win, and Palace aren't going to do Brighton any favours.

Brighton will go to Arsenal and look to preserve the point they start with, similar to when they played Spurs. I'd go for an unders game here, with CH playing a 6-4-0 formation

6-4-0 sounds too attacking to me - I expect to see 10-0-0 :lol

Edited by Torque

Newcastle vs. Liverpool

I really don't see Liverpool winning this game comfortably. They've only had 3 days to prepare for this match and they will surely be tired both physically and emotionally after their 3-0 away defeat to Barcelona last Wednesday. I think they'll be looking to get the job done and I see them winning this game 0-1 or so. They haven't exactly blown teams out of the water away from home in the EPL this season as they've only beaten two teams by 2+ goals away from home all season. 

As for Newcastle, they've won 6 of their last 7 home matches, including a 2-1 win over City. They are a defensively organized team and have only lost once at home all season by more than a two-goal margin. And while they did lose to United, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham at home, only one of those matches was lost by more than a one-goal margin and I think they could manage to frustrate Liverpool for a while. I simply don't see them losing here by more than a two-goal margin. 

Newcastle AH +2.0 @ 1.47 with Betfair - 10 units

Edited by Hitch

Chelsea have been undefeated in their last 8 home matches in Premier League.
31% of Watford’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Huddersfield have lost their last 8 matches in Premier League.
Manchester Utd conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 9 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 108 Football Betting Streaks for 05.05.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-05-2019-14236

Arsenal vs Brighton

Well, this is delightful. The morning after Cardiff have their relegation confirmed I have to write a preview about the game involving their relegation rivals that have survived when Champions League qualification chasing Arsenal host Brighton at the Emirates Stadium in this 4:30pm kick-off on Sunday afternoon.

Arsenal are involved in this really strange battle for the top four where it seems none of the sides fighting for a spot in next season's Champions League actually want it. If you look at the contenders you'll see 3rd placed Tottenham have lost 3 of their last 4 league matches, 4th placed Chelsea haven't won in 3 league games, 5th placed Arsenal have lost their last 3 league games, and 6th placed Manchester United haven't won in 3 league games. This is a massive opportunity for the Gunners to improve their chances.

Brighton come into this game with absolutely no pressure on themselves knowing that their spot in the 2019/20 Premier League is secure. On a personal note, I like Brighton. Well done to @Tiffy. We've gone up through the leagues with them and if one side was to pip us to safety then I'm content it's them. Chris Hughton is also a total gent. Still, they're a club that have problems in the form department and this could be a tough day. On the other hand, they may play with a feeling of liberation.

Unai Emery's side are undefeated against Brighton in their last 7 home matches against the Seagulls. Although Brighton are undefeated against Arsenal in the previous two meetings between the sides. The most worrying stat is that no side from the south coast has ever beaten Arsenal during the Premier League era. The Gunners holding a record of 25 wins and 7 draws against those clubs.

I have a feeling Arsenal will be bouncing after that Valencia win in midweek. Emery will want them to go all out in this game because right now there's a better chance of reaching the Champions League through the league than the Europa League. I can see their attacking prowess being too much for a Brighton side that will just be happy there is nothing riding on this game for them.

Arsenal -1 @ 1.95 with SpreadEx

Arsenal HT/FT @ 2.00 with Ladbrokes

Huddersfield v Man United

As a Man U fan I don't care if they even lose this game. But they must set up to go and score 6. 2 Huge wins in the last 2 games could recover the goal difference they need to beat Chelsea on goal difference. SO I would like to see a 6-2, 7-1, 5-2 etc type of game. Go for it, and just hammer away. Positive goal difference is what counts here. I expect a United win by at least 3 goals. Go on Solksjaer, play a 343 and go ultra aggressive !  I don't think Chelsea beat Watford today. CHelsea are looking to win the Europa league... maybe looking to far forward, and take their eye off the ball.

Also, some European transfers look so obvious to me. Buy Koulibaly. Need a monster midfielder...buy Luka Jovic. Want another defender, buy de Ligt, Bring Taunzebe back FFS. Obvious stuff. Find a s__t hot winger who will work hard, and run at opposing defenses (Bye Bye Martial).   ie The type of player Real Madrid found in Vinicius Junior (that kid is off the planet super talented). Stop buying journey men.

If United don't qualify for the Champions league, then lets hit the reset button. Move the deadwood off and play a team of youngsters, with a couple of new 'rock' signings.. Sure they will make mistakes, but they will also develop. I've seen the Martial, Valencia, Young, Matic, Sanchez, Darmian, Rojo, SMalling, Jones, Mata, Herrera average/crap and they can all be moved on.

Edited by neilovan

Thanks @StevieDay1983 & commiserations to the Bluebirds for giving down. You gave it a good go, and really have had some good chances to escape the drop. I think it's our early season form that has really helped, and in the end it's only a few points that separates us. It will be interesting to see if NW stays for next season, I think he has won a few new friends this season, as his manner has been so much better.

It will be an interesting game this afternoon. Brighton are safe & the pressure is off. But Bruno has said that they still need to show defensive resilience again, so I'd be expecting a low scoring game, but definitely an Arsenal win.

What you need to do now is to go and pay @Mindfulness a visit. It was those nasty boys from Croydon that sent you down. They obviously must really love Brighton and couldn't bear to be the team to get us almost relegated. Just when they had the chance to put a nail in our coffin, they gave us the kiss of life, lol:cheers

Huddersfield v Man United

As a Man U fan I don't care if they even lose this game. But they must set up to go and score 6. 2 Huge wins in the last 2 games could recover the goal difference they need to beat Chelsea on goal difference. SO I would like to see a 6-2, 7-1, 5-2 etc type of game. Go for it, and just hammer away. Positive goal difference is what counts here. I expect a United win by at least 3 goals. Go on Solksjaer, play a 343 and go ultra aggressive !  I don't think Chelsea beat Watford today. CHelsea are looking to win the Europa league... maybe looking to far forward, and take their eye off the ball.

Also, some European transfers look so obvious to me. Buy Koulibaly. Need a monster midfielder...buy Luka Jovic. Want another defender, buy de Ligt, Bring Taunzebe back FFS. Obvious stuff. Find a s__t hot winger who will work hard, and run at opposing defenses (Bye Bye Martial).   ie The type of player Real Madrid found in Vinicius Junior (that kid is off the planet super talented). Stop buying journey men.

If United don't qualify for the Champions league, then lets hit the reset button. Move the deadwood off and play a team of youngsters, with a couple of new 'rock' signings.. Sure they will make mistakes, but they will also develop. I've seen the Martial, Valencia, Young, Matic, Sanchez, Darmian, Rojo, SMalling, Jones, Mata, Herrera average/crap and they can all be moved on.

Wow what was I thinking. Young, and Jones in the starting lineup. No intensity, no plan, no clue, no work rate, no coaching, no tactics, no manager. Damn we needed Pochettino, and we got Solksjaer, who just looks clueless. This lot looks exactly the same as last years version, and the year before, and before etc etc. Just an inept, limp performance from a terrible team. 

Dead cat bounce when Solksjaer came in ... can they still get Poch ?

Edited by neilovan

Thanks @StevieDay1983 & commiserations to the Bluebirds for giving down. You gave it a good go, and really have had some good chances to escape the drop. I think it's our early season form that has really helped, and in the end it's only a few points that separates us. It will be interesting to see if NW stays for next season, I think he has won a few new friends this season, as his manner has been so much better.

It will be an interesting game this afternoon. Brighton are safe & the pressure is off. But Bruno has said that they still need to show defensive resilience again, so I'd be expecting a low scoring game, but definitely an Arsenal win.

What you need to do now is to go and pay @Mindfulness a visit. It was those nasty boys from Croydon that sent you down. They obviously must really love Brighton and couldn't bear to be the team to get us almost relegated. Just when they had the chance to put a nail in our coffin, they gave us the kiss of life, lol:cheers

To be fair, they owed us one from back when we knocked them out of the 2012 Capital One Cup Semi-Finals! Sorry, @Mindfulness, it's all I've got! Right, back off to the Championship thread I go! :lol

Manchester City have won their last 12 matches in Premier League.
Leicester City have scored in each of their last 9 away matches in Premier League.
Manchester City have scored in 100% of their home matches in Premier League.
Leicester City have scored 35% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.

You can find interesting 39 Football Betting Streaks for 06.05.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-05-2019-14251

To be fair, they owed us one from back when we knocked them out of the 2012 Capital One Cup Semi-Finals! Sorry, @Mindfulness, it's all I've got! Right, back off to the Championship thread I go! :lol

If Palace had managed to win the two league games v Seaweeds rather than loose both then we'd be looking at Brighton having 30pts from 37 games and would effectively be finished in this division. The whole thing is such an outrage.

Cardiff may have been relegated but Warnock has done a great job with them. You could argue their squad is not much better than bottom half championship level and yet he nearly kept them in the premier league with very little investment in the playing staff, various psychological traumas and questionable officiating in many Cardiff matches this season. I agree with Warnock's assessment that this season has been one of his biggest managerial achievements.

I was going to give my sympathies to @StevieDay1983 but frankly bringing up that league cup semi-final has left me reaching for the smelling salts. 'Dougie's Diamonds' were one of my all-time favourite Palace teams but for you to dredge them up like that as if they're the road kill of history is completely unacceptable.

I hope Man Utd sign Zaha in the summer just so they can loan him out to you and he thusly makes a series of drab, uninspired performances, culminating in a 30 yard scissor-kick own goal which relegates you to the third tier by which time Tan will have officially renamed your team 'Real Magenta Griffins' and converts the playing surface of the Cardiff City Stadium into Astro Noodles because it's deemed lucky in vast swathes of South East Asia.

I hope Man Utd sign Zaha in the summer just so they can loan him out to you and he thusly makes a series of drab, uninspired performances, culminating in a 30 yard scissor-kick own goal which relegates you to the third tier by which time Tan will have officially renamed your team 'Real Magenta Griffins' and converts the playing surface of the Cardiff City Stadium into Astro Noodles because it's deemed lucky in vast swathes of South East Asia.

:lol As a Cardiff fan, I can tell you that wouldn't be the strangest set of circumstances to occur at the club during my time supporting them!

Manchester City vs Leicester

The weekend's Premier League action comes to a close tonight when title contenders Manchester City host mid-table Leicester in an 8pm kick-off at the Etihad Stadium. Anything less than a win for the Citizens would hand the advantage back to rivals Liverpool in the race to be crowned league champions going into the final day of the season.

Manchester City are currently 2 points behind the Reds with a game in hand. A win in this game would put their fate in their own hands going into next Sunday's last matches of the season. However, this is far from a done deal. Previous title races have thrown up twists and turns in games like this before.

Leicester look a far more free-flowing side under Brendan Rodgers than they did under Claude Puel. The former Liverpool manager will be hoping to do his old employers a favour by taking something from this game. The fact he's getting the best out of star striker Jamie Vardy again is a good sign but they have issues elsewhere on the pitch that need addressing such as only managing 1 win in their last 3 league games.

Interestingly, Pep Guardiola's side have failed to beat Leicester over 90 minutes this season. Unfortunately, that was against Puel's management and the Citizens might find a more expansive opponent in Rodgers' side easier to carve open. If Leicester win then it'll be the first time they've beaten Manchester City twice in a top flight league season since 1986/87.

One of the stand out statistics about this fixture at the Etihad Stadium is that the last 7 meetings between these two sides at this stadium have seen 28 goals. That's an average of 4 goals per game. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of that tonight so backing over 3.5 goals seems like a decent call.

In terms of the match result, I really am struggling to see Manchester City slipping up here. Leicester pulled off an impressive 3-0 win at home to Arsenal in their last game and they are unbeaten in their last three away league games. They're coming up against a determined Manchester City side here though and I'd have to back a 3-1 or 3-2 win for the home side.

Manchester City HT/FT @ 1.65 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 1.99 with MarathonBet