** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2019 2000/1000 Guineas - Tips & Trends

Just starting a discussion on big  race next week ....i usually tackle this slightly diff in that theres more emphasis on speed and level  of form achieved rather than other factors and its worked well for me in the past in this race ......so far with 31 current decs my ratings are ....

Ten sovereigns  1.2 120  6f 

Phoenix of Spain  0.6  114 8f 

Magna grecia   0.6 114  8f 

Great scot  1.0  111 7f 

Advertise   2.8  118 7f 

First figure is estinated time achievable outside standard and ive put distance achieved so far   at end and form rating achieved .....makes interesting reading ...advertise has a high form rating but hasnt shown much speed to date ...great scot has been running well but looks a little outclassed ...the 2 strongest horses over distance are magna grecia and phoenix of spain both showing the speed and level needed to win a guineas with more to come .........dark horse is ten sovereigns who has shown blistering speed and a high form level but only at 6f ....represents a o brien so cant be    ruled out but distance is big negative at this stage against proven horses ..........will do more research ...feel free to post your own thoughts or ratings etc  

42 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Just starting a discussion on big  race next week ....i usually tackle this slightly diff in that theres more emphasis on speed and level  of form achieved rather than other factors and its worked well for me in the past in this race ......so far with 31 current decs my ratings are ....

Great scot  1.0  111 7f 

Advertise   2.8  118 7f 

First figure is estinated time achievable outside standard and ive put distance achieved so far   at end and form rating achieved .....makes interesting reading ...advertise has a high form rating but hasnt shown much speed to date ...great scot has been running well but looks a little outclassed ...the 2 strongest horses over distance are magna grecia and phoenix of spain both showing the speed and level needed to win a guineas with more to come .........dark horse is ten sovereigns who has shown blistering speed and a high form level but only at 6f ....represents a o brien so cant be    ruled out but distance is big negative at this stage against proven horses ..........will do more research ...feel free to post your own thoughts or ratings etc  

The one that initially stands out on breeding is phoenix of spain .....out of sharmadal  ...french 2000 and derby wiinner ....that has to give him bonus points surely .....shocking thing is ...is currently available at 25/1!!! Gotta say that looks incredible value ew 

Edited by richard-westwood

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

Great scot  1.0  111 7f 

Advertise   2.8  118 7f 

Well ...advertise and great scot havent posted  a performance on par with a guineas winner so omited .....ten soverigns has an excellent sprint pedigree but 11 of last 12 winners had won  over at least 7f si omited ......leaves just 2 

Magna grecia 

Phoenix of spain ...

Hardly anything separated last time ....Phoenix had to come from back and was blocked in run in so is better than bare form suggests ......safe bet looks to back both ..  on paper they are relatively easy choices  ....just got to wait for confirm 

• BillyHills changed the title to 2019 2000/1000 Guineas - Tips & Trends
On 4/28/2019 at 10:47 AM, richard-westwood said:

Well ...advertise and great scot havent posted  a performance on par with a guineas winner so omited .....ten soverigns has an excellent sprint pedigree but 11 of last 12 winners had won  over at least 7f si omited ......leaves just 2 

Magna grecia 

Phoenix of spain ...

Hardly anything separated last time ....Phoenix had to come from back and was blocked in run in so is better than bare form suggests ......safe bet looks to back both ..  on paper they are relatively easy choices  ....just got to wait for confirm 

Phoenix of spain non runner ...incredible ....rated with 2 diff systems and same result both ..

Magna grecia  

Madhmoon 

Advertise 

Dont even know where madhmoon appeared from but high rated on both so my final selections in 2000 are magna grecia and madhmoon (ew on latter around 8/1 ) 10pts ...win on former .....cant rule out advertuse as trainer reckons hes flying ....but top 2 look strong now 

Madhmoon was only one to pass my trends too so even stronger bet 

Phoenix of spain non runner ...incredible ....rated with 2 diff systems and same result both ..

Magna grecia  

Madhmoon 

Advertise 

Dont even know where madhmoon appeared from but high rated on both so my final selections in 2000 are magna grecia and madhmoon (ew on latter around 8/1 ) 10pts ...win on former .....cant rule out advertuse as trainer reckons hes flying ....but top 2 look strong now 

Madhmoon was only one to pass my trends too so even stronger bet 

Magna grecia wins and running 5pt ew doubles with itidessa and fairyland at 8s tomorrow ....can o brien do it again 

Madhmoon 4th ew too 

Couple for the 1000 Guineas

Just Wonderful 6/1 - Aidan O'Brien runner with Ryan Moore up. Is a bit inconsistent which might explain the big odds for an O'Brien/Moore horse but can look brilliant. 

Skitter Skatter 6/1 - John Oxx. Don't think he sends them over unless they have a good chance.