** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > April 27th

Darran

So we finally reach the last day of the regular season. It was nice to get a profit on Monday with Weston, Dover and Dorking all landing at big odds. This season has been very up and down although still be a decent enough season. The ante-post stuff will show a nice profit and we are basically waiting on who wins the Evo-Stik Southern Premier as Weymouth and Taunton were both covered. I really need it to be Weymouth to help land a lumpy mid-season acca I put on (although Farsley aren't home and hosed yet either), but at least I have Taunton covered. Hopefully it can be a profitable end of the season on the match betting front where I have some big prices again.

AFC Fylde v Halifax

It doesn't really matter if Fylde come 4th or 5th and I reckon they might rest a few players in this match with the play-off matches coming thick and fast next week. They are guaranteed a home tie in the first round of matches and will be away in the next tie if they get through anyway so with that in mind Halifax are worth a bet here at 11/2. They beat Wrexham 2-1 on Easter Monday who are the team in 5th at the moment so there is no reason why they can't repeat the same sort of performance here.

Boreham Wood v Eastleigh

The home side gave it a good go at Chesterfield for us on Monday, but ended up going down 3-2 after having a man sent off. Eastleigh made sure of their play-off spot by beating Maidenhead and like Fylde it doesn't really matter if they finish 6th or 7th because they will be away in both the possible games anyway and I can imagine that they will rest key players. This gives Wood a chance especially as they have performed well in recent weeks so are worth backing at just over 2/1.

Bromley v Ebbsfleet

God knows what is happening behind the scenes at Ebbsfleet, but the players still haven't been paid and it is hard to see how they are going to be overly motivated to put in a performance here for a club that is in a right mess off the pitch. The loss to Dover on Monday meant they can no longer finish in the play-offs so there really is nothing to play for and they were poor in that game as it was. Bromley have drawn 3 of their last 4 so still seem to be trying and they beat Leyton Orient 5 games ago. They should be favs for this and 7/4 looks a huge price.

Hartlepool v Salford

Taking a bit of a chance here, but I am backing the home side. I just wonder if Salford will decide to concentrate on the play-offs given they are highly unlikely to catch Leyton Orient. If Orient go in front early on then Salford will know their number is really up and they wont want to be risking injuries ahead of the play-offs. Hartlepool aren't exactly ending the season in great form but they did beat Halifax on Good Friday. Team news could be key, but it might just pay to be ahead of the game here and have a small investment at a big price in the hope Salford have one eye on the play-offs.

Curzon Ashton v Spennymoor

Not that long ago Spennymoor were in poor form, but they have won 4 of their last 5 games and are setting themselves up nicely for the play-offs. They got a huge win against at the time league leaders Chorley on Easter Monday and they will be trying here as if they can overtake Brackley then they will have one less game in the play-offs. As I have mentioned a few times of late Curzon have stopped for the season based on their performances and odds against on the away side picking up another win is a big price.

Eastbourne v Concord

I really don't get the price of Concord here. I think the bookies are basing it on the fact they are basically certain of a play-off spot, but what they have missed is the fact that they can finish 4th or 5th and that would mean a home tie in the first round of the play-offs. Given how strong they have been at home this season that would be huge if they could overtake Bath and or Chelmsford. God knows where Eastbourne's 6-0 drubbing of Dartford came from given it had been a very long time since they last won prior to that. They then drew with Slough 1-1 on Monday which was a decent effort as well. They are safe now though and with Concord still having something to play for they just should be 9/2.

Woking v Gloucester City

I suspect if Gloucester had not come from 2 down to beat Chippenham 3-2 on Monday then Gloucester would not have been such a big price for this because they still would have been fighting for their survival. Fortunately for me and my fellow City supporters we are now safe for another season, but I think we can go out on a win. Our away form has been much stronger than our home form this term, but the key point is that Woking have nothing to play for. They can only finish 2nd now and I really can't believe that they won't be resting players ahead of the play-offs. Why would Alan Dowson risk his key players in a meaningless game a few days ahead of trying to win promotion? 21/5 looks a big price on an away win to me.

Halifax 1pt @ 11/2 with Ladbrokes and Coral

Boreham Wood 1pt @ 101/50 with Marathon

Bromley 2pts @ 7/4 with Marathon

Hartlepool 1pt @ 21/4 with BetVictor

Spennymoor 2.5pts @ 21/20 with Marathon

Concord 1pt @ 9/2 with Bet365 and Betfred

Gloucester 1pt @ 21/5 with BetVictor

Edited by Darran

Just want to say thank you Darran. I took my bag of 20 points today and spread it across all your selections... 1 point each on singles and the other 13 spread across doubles and trebles... I have over 450 points. You've paid for my summer. Couldn't be more grateful... if you have a Bitcoin address please let me know so I can send you some thanks

Thanks everyone always great to read about people making money from my tips and hopefully everyone enjoys spending their winnings. 

I have never had a day like this and it is one of those rare times where everything pretty much fell into place. A few games where bookies haven't paid close enough attention to what teams in the play-offs needed to do and in the case of Concord just a stupid price in the first place. I know Concord and Gloucester were both bigger today than what I put them up at which was crazy really.

It was some way to end the season proper especially as the final winning goal was scored at Woking by the team I support whilst I was there. If Boreham Wood had of won I think I would have been on the pitch celebrating!

You know, the best thing about what you do Darran, is that you don't come at it with the big " I am ". You win, you lose, but you don't over celebrate the former, or over horse-whip yourself over the latter.

A great day all round.  I hope you personally profit(t)?ed well yourself, but more than that, what a nice guy to share your knowledge on a very niche aspect of football betting ( non-league ).

Please continue to do what you do. We all like a punt, but a well-informed punt is particularly what we all like to invest in. We know we can't win every time. Thank you for your altruistic approach of sharing. It would be easy to just keep it to yourself, but thankfully your motivations lie elsewhere.

Happy punting and sharing Darran. I didn't follow your ante-post tips, but it sounds as though they're going very well.

Respect and much thanks to the best tipper online. .  Have a great  ( close season ) summer and just a small voice to let you know how many people appreciate what you do. :clap:clap

Amazing stuff today Darran, i only went with your 2 main predictions but won nicely off them. I know nothing about Non-League football and just by following your predictions each week have ended up well in profit for the season. Hope you know even the likes of me who doesn't post much here appreciates what you do :clap:notworthy

1 hour ago, Shep65 said:

You know, the best thing about what you do Darran, is that you don't come at it with the big " I am ". You win, you lose, but you don't over celebrate the former, or over horse-whip yourself over the latter.

A great day all round.  I hope you personally profit(t)?ed well yourself, but more than that, what a nice guy to share your knowledge on a very niche aspect of football betting ( non-league ).

Please continue to do what you do. We all like a punt, but a well-informed punt is particularly what we all like to invest in. We know we can't win every time. Thank you for your altruistic approach of sharing. It would be easy to just keep it to yourself, but thankfully your motivations lie elsewhere.

Happy punting and sharing Darran. I didn't follow your ante-post tips, but it sounds as though they're going very well.

Respect and much thanks to the best tipper online. .  Have a great  ( close season ) summer and just a small voice to let you know how many people appreciate what you do. :clap:clap

Thank you very much. It's always nice to read messages from people who follow my stuff either on here or on Twitter. I am very lucky that in all the years I have been tipping now that I have very rarely had nasty comments even when things are going tough. I think that says a lot about how realistic people are who follow my stuff and I really appreciate the fact that people are like that. It is bad enough when you are losing your own money, but when you know that there are others who are putting their hard earned cash on selections you are putting up it can be very tough mentally when things aren't going well. It is also very easy in this day and age for people to start slagging you off when things aren't going well, but its great that people who follow me are in it for the long term and don't jump to rash conclusions on the back of a poor spell. At the end of the day if I wasn't confident in my ability to make people money then I wouldn't even bother. I have to fit all this around work and my home life and sometimes I am up writing previews at 2am because that is the only chance I have to stick something up. Days like this make it worthwhile to put the time and effort in to write the previews.

It isn't quite all done yet as I will be putting up bets for the play-offs and something should be up on Monday once betting is up.

11 hours ago, Shep65 said:

I like to think that's the Punters Lounge ethos too. @Darran has been on PL for many years, but @Shipsupstreets before him was exactly the same, but right across Punters Lounge, there are soooo many great tipsters without any ego and it's great to see. :ok 

55 minutes ago, Sir Puntalot said:

I like to think that's the Punters Lounge ethos too. @Darran has been on PL for many years, but @Shipsupstreets before him was exactly the same, but right across Punters Lounge, there are soooo many great tipsters without any ego and it's great to see. :ok 

Exactly all we want is people to win money. Someone on Twitter seems to think I want people to lose which is very odd! I back every single tip I put up on here both horses and football so if the tips lose I have done my cash as well, but if I have a day like yesterday then I win big time. If Boreham Wood win I will have won a serious amount of cash, but it was still way more money than I have ever won in a day before so more than happy with that. I treat my punting as a 2nd job so I put in the hard work so not only do I win but everyone else does as well.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:41 AM, Sir Puntalot said:

I was going to make exactly the same point. Darran is so like 'Ships' in knowledge & modesty, that if they hadn't both been around at the same time for a while I'd think they were one & the same.

7 minutes ago, Bedlam said:

I was going to make exactly the same point. Darran is so like 'Ships' in knowledge & modesty, that if they hadn't both been around at the same time for a while I'd think they were one & the same.

Me and Ships share emails all the time so there will be some of him slipping into my posts! I can understand why tipsters want to shout about how much they have won or are in profit, but that just isn't me. I get asked about ROI or my figures, but I'm not really about shouting those things. All the posts are on here if someone wants to go through them so it isn't like I am deleting or editing anything. Also people get different prices even I don't always get the top price, but I will always put the best price so people can take it if they can. Ships never kept a track on here of profit, because he didn't need to it was clear how good he was and it doesn't really bother me either. 

@Darran

im another one who reads your posts but doesn't post much himself.

Im gonna follow a bit more seriously from now on. I've been watching Torquay since January, so I am taking a keen interest in the Non League scene now.

My 34/1 Torquay to win the title came in too. Best bet I've ever had! Plymouth are rumoured to be after GJ at the moment. I think he will stay here tho. His rapport with the supporters is amazing. I'm getting a ST here next season, so will be able to offer more of an insight during the season.

well done on another great season

18 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

@Darran

im another one who reads your posts but doesn't post much himself.

Im gonna follow a bit more seriously from now on. I've been watching Torquay since January, so I am taking a keen interest in the Non League scene now.

My 34/1 Torquay to win the title came in too. Best bet I've ever had! Plymouth are rumoured to be after GJ at the moment. I think he will stay here tho. His rapport with the supporters is amazing. I'm getting a ST here next season, so will be able to offer more of an insight during the season.

well done on another great season

Yeah you were spot on with Torquay and got on at just the right time. The league is weak, but they were clearly the best team in it and if he stays they should do well enough.