** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Apr 30th & May 1st

Tottenham are the outsiders in the 'to qualify' market at 2.1 with skybet.  Ajax have done very well to get where they are and are obviously a very good team but they are around 1.7 to qualify from this tie which seems too short to me and very much an overreaction to the two high profile previous wins vs (out of sorts) Real Madrid and Juventus.  I think people are forgetting spurs were in a touch CL group, and then also had to beat two very tough teams in Dortmund and Man City to get this far.

Ajax beat both Real Madrid and Juventus in the last two knockout rounds, but importantly for me, they had the home leg first and knew what they had to do in the return leg away from home.  This time, spurs are at home first, with the return leg in Amsterdam next week.  This puts a different perspective on this tie, as Ajax won't necessarily go for it in the away leg as they don't need to.  I see a similar pattern to the spurs Man City tie, with a tight first home leg, and then more of an open game in the return, when away goals might be crucial to determining who gets through.

I'm confident spurs will score in the away game as both Real Madrid and Juventus did in the previous ties and from looking back at the group games.  If spurs can knockout Man City and Dortmund over two legs (scoring in both away games), then they are more than capable of beating Ajax over two legs.

I know Son is not available and Kane and a few others are injured for the first leg.  But I still think spurs are as good as, if not better than this Ajax team (who I admittedly haven't watched much of).  The odds for the to qualify market should be more or less even at around 1.9 each team, so for me there is some value in spurs to qualify at 2.1.  

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Ajax Amsterdam have been undefeated in their last 6 matches. (Champions League)
78% of Ajax Amsterdam’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total. (Champions League)
39% of Tottenham’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute. (Champions League)

You can find interesting 27 Football Betting Streaks for 30.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-30-04-2019-14218

Tottenham vs AFC Ajax

Tottenham

Doubtful: Jan Vertonghen (22/1 d), Moussa Sissoko (27/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Serge Aurier (8/0 d), Harry Winks (26/1 m), Erik Lamela (18/4 m), Harry Kane (28/17 f, top scorer)

Suspended: Son Heung-Min (30/12 f, 2nd top scorer)

AFC Ajax

Doubtful: Noussair Mazraoui (26/1 m)

Out (injuries/other): Carel Eiting (7/0 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Edited by malabgd

Very interesting semifinals, where the two teams will be overtaken to reach the final. On the legal betting sides, there is no clear favorite and everything is open. The two opponents have excellent offensive lines and can offer us a match with goals and phases in the two outings. I will bet on both teams to score
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs AJAX AMSTERDAM @@ Both team to score, odds 1.70

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

FC Barcelona have scored in each of their last 18 home matches. (Champions League)
Liverpool have won their last 7 matches. (Champions League)
FC Barcelona have scored in 100% of their home matches. (Champions League)
Liverpool have scored in each of their last 7 matches. (Champions League)

You can find interesting 54 Football Betting Streaks for 01.05.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-05-2019-14223

Tottenham vs Ajax

The Champions League Semi-Final first leg match between Premier League side Tottenham and Eredivisie title contenders Ajax takes place tonight at 8pm from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Which one of these tournament underdogs will take an advantage into the second leg?

Tottenham have started to display a slippery run of performances in the league but in Europe they seem to be learning from their past errors. Mauricio Pochettino's side have repeatedly laughed in the face of adversity to reach this stage. They'll have every bit of confidence in their own ability to reach the final even without their injured talisman Harry Kane.

Ajax are the big surprise package of this season's competition. Erik ten Hag's men eliminated some of Europe's footballing giants. Their attacking fluid style of play has won many admirers and their run of six league wins in a row looks like it could well be enough to earn them the domestic title. It'll be a brave man to bet against them.

I'm really not too sure about which way this game will go. Tottenham have been performing consistently in these knockout stages but so have Ajax. I wouldn't be surprised to see either team progress. I think Ajax have learned how to perform on the road in the Champions League and that's something Spurs will need to be wary about. It might be worth backing the Dutch side to get something here.

Ajax to Win @ 3.40 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.80 with Betfred

@vasilli07, @Xcout, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @matt-e-matticle, @EBTA, @cluelessG, @mtom, @Marek76, @allyhibs, @alani42, @jazzman02, @hristofor, @fhuefdsa @Gedkip, @Carovie, @money44, @Donvitz, @swasya, @vicsuna, @Neubs, @kevlevrone, @Jammycnut, @Hitch, and @WinningAdvice, what are you guys betting on?

On 4/29/2019 at 6:45 PM, thfc said:

Tottenham are the outsiders in the 'to qualify' market at 2.1 with skybet.  Ajax have done very well to get where they are and are obviously a very good team but they are around 1.7 to qualify from this tie which seems too short to me and very much an overreaction to the two high profile previous wins vs (out of sorts) Real Madrid and Juventus.  I think people are forgetting spurs were in a touch CL group, and then also had to beat two very tough teams in Dortmund and Man City to get this far.

Ajax beat both Real Madrid and Juventus in the last two knockout rounds, but importantly for me, they had the home leg first and knew what they had to do in the return leg away from home.  This time, spurs are at home first, with the return leg in Amsterdam next week.  This puts a different perspective on this tie, as Ajax won't necessarily go for it in the away leg as they don't need to.  I see a similar pattern to the spurs Man City tie, with a tight first home leg, and then more of an open game in the return, when away goals might be crucial to determining who gets through.

I'm confident spurs will score in the away game as both Real Madrid and Juventus did in the previous ties and from looking back at the group games.  If spurs can knockout Man City and Dortmund over two legs (scoring in both away games), then they are more than capable of beating Ajax over two legs.

I know Son is not available and Kane and a few others are injured for the first leg.  But I still think spurs are as good as, if not better than this Ajax team (who I admittedly haven't watched much of).  The odds for the to qualify market should be more or less even at around 1.9 each team, so for me there is some value in spurs to qualify at 2.1.  

I´m on here with you. Ajax in both Qualify-Round with the Away Game in 2nd Game. Now they have the Away Game to play first. And for this young Team - i think it could be difficult. Also i see Spurs not in this big disadvantage with playing without Kane. But Son out - is big blow. Without Kane - it means they are unpredictable who they will play and who will score the goals.

So for me i see here Spurs win by one Goal this Evening.

Barcelona vs Liverpool

Last night delivered another memorable night for Champions League action and we have no time to draw breath because tonight we have Barcelona and Liverpool going toe-to-toe at the Nou Camp in an 8pm kick-off. It's set to be a riveting game between two attack-minded sides that have an epic history in European competition.

Barcelona still haven't officially been crowned La Liga champions yet even though they are 9 points clear of 2nd placed Atletico Madrid with just 3 league matches to play and a far superior goal difference. It's a position that still means Ernesto Valverder has been able to rest players in the run-up to this game. Their win against Manchester United at home in the previous round extended their unbeaten home record in the Champions League to 31 games.

Liverpool are running out of time in the Premier League to pip league leaders Manchester City to the title. Only 2 league matches remain and Pep Guardiola's side are top by just 1 point. It means Jurgen Klopp's men might go into this tie feeling the Champions League offers a better chance of a trophy win.

It's interesting to note that Liverpool are a bit of a bogey side for Barcelona. The English side have not suffered defeat in their last 4 competitive matches away to the Spanish giants. The Reds are also the only English side to win against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. That came back in the 1975/76 UEFA Cup and 2006/07 Champions League.

This could be an enthralling game. I think Liverpool stand every chance of getting past Barcelona over two legs. I honestly believe that Liverpool and Manchester City are currently the two most well-rounded sides in world football. I'm still sceptical that Liverpool can get anything here. I'm predicting a 2-1 win for Barcelona here with Liverpool potentially turning it around with a 1-0 win and progressing on away goals in the second leg. You want predictions? Have those pair of score-lines as a couple of predictions! :loon

Barcelona to Win @ 2.00 with RedZone

BTTS @ 1.70 with William Hill

1 hour ago, sajtion said:

i don't think liverpool will lose tonight. they can get a draw. barcelona are useless without messi and no way liverpool will sit back tonight. i am expecting them to score twice

But Messi will be playing tonight, won't he? (got some insider info? ;) )

1 hour ago, artichoke said:

But Messi will be playing tonight, won't he? (got some insider info? ;) )

honestly barcelona are one man team at the moment and if liverpool manage to shut messi out which they will they are there for the taking