** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Apr 23rd - 28th

Sunderland vs Portsmouth

Things heat up in the League One promotion race this weekend when the teams positioned in 3rd and 4th in the table meet. It's Portsmouth who travel to Sunderland for this 3pm kick-off on Saturday. Both teams have a game in hand on 2nd placed Barnsley so victory could prove pivotal in the quest for the Championship.

Sunderland will still be reeling after their loss in the final of the Checkatrade Trophy Final a matter of weeks ago. Jack Ross has done an incredible job of turning the Black Cats from a complete mess into a rebuilding project that could bounce back to the Championship at the first time of asking. Just 1 defeat in their last 22 league games has kept them in touch with the front runners but a win here is vital if they are to stand any real hope of pipping their rivals to a top two spot.

Portsmouth have used their Checkatrade Trophy success to push their league form onto the next level. If anyone knows how to handle League One then it's Kenny Jackett. The former Wales international has enjoyed promotion from the division with both Millwall and Wolves plus also reached the League One Play-Off Final with Swansea. His side have now won 7 league games on the bounce. They also boast a brilliant away record that is the best in the league having earned 5 more points than any other side on the road.

The head-to-head record is probably something that Sunderland fans want to avoid if they are to maintain any optimism coming into this game. It's now 8 games in all competitions (2 draws and 6 losses) without a win for Sunderland against Portsmouth. However, no team in League One has lost less games than the Black Cats this season. The problem is they've drawn 18 of their 43 league matches. I can see that tally being added to hear in what could be a thrilling game where both sides have to take risks or contemplate surrendering their automatic promotion fight.

Draw @ 3.50 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.83 with Sportingbet

let's face last couple of weeks have been pretty atrocious in trying to pick winners football wise as all team desperately battle to get points for playoff places or avoid getting relegated. it's been difficult for sure and too many unexpected and disappointing results but as the season draws close to the end it won't be any different this weekend so let's see how the following turn out.

acca tip

bournemouth - i'm willing to take risk on this one. call me a rebel or whatever but bournemouth has 50% chance here and i'm willing to give the the benefit of doubt

wigan - i'm expecting wigan to be in the winnable frame of mind and that could see them get three points in this match

sheff wed - bruce has made them very solid defensively and importantly they score goals at the other end so i think they have a shot at playoffs. this is their chance to make it count

west brom - the hosts are surely the better side even if rotherham come to scrap for it i'm expecting west brom to show their quality

barnsley - low odds on home team but their form has been great and scoring isn't a problem.

forest green - the guests have a very solid and mature game to them. they are on four match winning run and should have enough edge about them to win this one as well

stake £20   pays about £4.500 - 5.000

good luck

Accrington Stanley vs Plymouth Argyle

Accrington Stanley

Doubtful: Dan Barlaser (36/1 m)

Out (injuries/other): Scott Brown (29/0 m), Callum Johnson (41/0 d), Sam Finley (37/1 m)

Suspended: Dimitar Evtimov (10/0 g)

Plymouth Argyle

Doubtful: Freddie Ladapo (43/17 f, top scorer)

Out (injuries/other): Joe Riley (18/0 d), Joel Grant (17/4 m), Conor Grant (10/0 m)

Suspended: -

Barnsley vs Blackpool

Barnsley

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Kenny Dougall (27/0 m)

Blackpool

Doubtful: Matty Virtue (13/3 m), Ollie Turton (32/1 d), Donervon Daniels (24/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Mark Howard (32/0 first goalkeeper), Jimmy Ryan (0/0 m, captain), Max Clayton (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Near to the end and interesting coming up only in few matches. In my opinion big opportunities disappear so i play small yankees in my club.

DONCASTER has big defeats at away games but today must prove the power to stay at play-off positions. Today in my opinion play all the year so odds 2.45 for me is value bet away against Oxford.

Hibs v Hearts.

Hibs came out on top in the reverse fixture at Tynecastle just a couple of weeks ago and the same result can be expected here. Hearts shown that day how one dimensional their play is. Punt it up the park to try to win set pieces, then launch it into the box to their giant lump of a centre half. Once Hibs got to grip with these outdated tactics, we started to get the ball down and play a bit and there only looked like one winner in the second half. Hearts defence looks really slow, Hibs can exploit that today on the big Easter Road pitch for a comfortable win. Hibs to win by at least 2 goals.

A very confident Hibs win @ 2.20.

Rangers vs Aberdeen

This week's second preview in this thread focuses on the SPL and seeing as @allyhibs has given us a decent call on the Edinburgh derby it makes sense for me to look at the later kick-off between Europa League qualification contenders Rangers and Aberdeen in this 3pm kick-off on Sunday from Ibrox.

Rangers have missed out on the title to arch rivals Celtic but that was hardly surprising. The gap is certainly closing though and the Hoops will need to start looking over their shoulder with a bit more concern from now on. Steve Gerrard's side are 2nd in the table and have done enough to secure that spot as they are 8 points clear of Aberdeen in 3rd place with just 2 league games left.

Aberdeen will be pleased with their efforts this season if they can solidify their spot in 3rd place. Derek McInnes has guided his side to a 3 point advantage over 4th placed Kilmarnock. A point or more in this game would guarantee European football at Pittodrie next season. Not a bad campaign when you also consider their two strong domestic cup runs.

Unbelievably, this is the 7th time these two sides have met this season. Rangers have only come out victorious in one of those meetings but the Dons have only won 1 of the last 7 league meetings. It is also interesting to see that these games get quite feisty. There have already been 5 red cards shown in those previous 6 matches.

It does seem that McInnes has a bit of a hoodoo over Gerrard. Rangers have only lost twice at Ibrox under Gerrard since he took charge. However, both of those defeats have come against Aberdeen. So it does warrant a worthwhile bet that Aberdeen could come out as winners here as well. I think I'll back them for a double chance with the odds being offered.

Aberdeen Double Chance @ 2.63 with 888Sport

Red Card Shown @ 4.50 with Bet365