Announcements
** August Nap's Competition Result : 1st Thebestthere, 2nd Glavintoby, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert, KO Cup Steve75, Most Winners Alastair, York Comp: Thebestthere**
**September Poker League Result : 1st Kevsul £75, 2nd Gemic £45, 3rd Barry John £30**
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Championship Predictions > Apr 27th & 28th

champratings.jpg

The next round of Championship matches are coming up this weekend. Title, promotion, play-off, and relegation is all still up for grabs. Time is running out with just a few games remaining. A lot could be decided here. Who is brave enough to put their tips where their mouth is? :ok

Leeds seem to be doing their best to blow it.

By the time they play villa, sheffield united should have beaten ipswich and virtually guaranteed automatic promotion.

Villa at 7/2 look big , however will they start resting players for the play offs (grealish maybe).

Its going to be a fascinating weekend.

Villa looking the best team in the division at last, and agree they are overpriced to beat a stuttering Leeds and I'm sure they will want to keep up momentum. 

I don't think you'd get rich backing Reading away from home, but I am tempted this week as Boro were dreadful against Forest and we could have scored 6 easily.

Swansea becoming decent at home and Hull may be running out of steam and little to play for, approaching even money looks good to me.

Following on from @yossa6133 i will try a single on reading (hills 5/1) double on reading and derby( b365 16/1) and treble with villa ( b365 88/1). bet 365 have pushed out villa to 4/1 which is surely too big. To add

if sheffield united beat ipswich, leeds go into this game 6 points behind and an inferior goal difference of at least -12. Even if villa rest players what is leeds mental state likely to be?

Edited by waynecoyne

Swansea vs Hull

I thought I'd join the fun and get an early preview in ahead of these crucial Championship matches this weekend. I'm going to go against every natural instinct I have to cover Swansea's home game with Hull in a 3pm kick-off from the Liberty Stadium where two mid-table sides do battle. Can the home side keep their faint play-off hopes alive?

Swansea are 10th in the Championship just 5 points outside the top six with a game in hand on the teams around them. Well, all the teams except 6th placed Derby who also have that vital game in hand. A win here would make it 6 wins from their last 7 matches and could well put their dreams of gate crashing the play-offs within touching distance.

Hull had appeared to be finishing the season in a solid enough fashion. Unfortunately, three straight league defeats have killed any last minute hopes of reaching the play-offs. Nigel Adkins has gone about transforming this Tigers side quietly below the radar. The club are in 13th place and even though they can't reach the play-offs now they will be keen to set themselves up for next season in a positive fashion.

The Swans have really turned the Liberty Stadium into a fortress in this second half of the season. Graham Potter's team have only lost 5 of their 21 home games this season and they've not tasted defeat on home turf in the league since Boxing Day. It's also now four straight wins at home.

Adkins will be keen to address the diabolical away form that has set in for his side. It's now 7 defeats in their last 8 away matches in the league. It seems tough to have any faith that they can avoid defeat here. The only hope comes in the form of the head-to-head record. Hull have won the last 5 meetings in all competitions and kept clean sheets in three of those games.

As hard as it is for me to say, I think you have to back Swansea here as they look to be ending the season on a purple run of form. Could also be worth a cheeky specials bet on Daniel James to earn man of the match or even grab a goal. He's flying right now.

Swansea to Win @ 1.80 with Unibet

Swansea HT/FT @ 2.90 with BetVictor

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, what bets are you guys looking to place this weekend?

wigan are going strenght to strenght. i fancy them to finish season on a high with another resurgent victory while in hot run of form

sheff wed is another team who could push themselves into play contention with victory. they can get it done

31 minutes ago, mijOsim said:

Opinions about Sheffield utd ? If they win they will probably get promoted. Odss are low but probably realistic at this point. 

They will probably win but at 1/5 i couldn't back them 

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

34% of Millwall’s conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Championship.
Norwich City have scored 34% of their goals after the 75th minute in Championship.
Blackburn have won their last 4 matches in Championship.
Wigan Athletic conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 20 away matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 114 Football Betting Streaks for 27.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-27-04-2019-14192/

Sheffield United vs Ipswich

OK, so I'm going to fly in the face of @waynecoyne's warning here and I am going to bet on this game. Sheffield United have the chance to take a huge step towards automatic promotion to the Premier League here in this 5:15pm kick-off versus already-relegated Ipswich.

The odds heavily favour the Blades here and for good reason. Chris Wilder's side are in 2nd place and 3 points above third placed Leeds. If United win then Leeds would need to beat Aston Villa on Sunday to keep their automatic promotion hopes alive. Even then, the goal difference is overwhelmingly in United's favour that even that probably wouldn't be enough for Leeds.

Ipswich are already preparing for life in League One next season and have done for a while. Paul Lambert still holds favour with the fans but the club is rooted to the bottom of the Championship and has been for most of the season. The Tractor Boys are 4 points behind Bolton above them and it's just 1 win in their last 17 league games. That was also against Bolton.

United boast the best home record in the division having earned 46 points at Bramall Lane this season. That includes winning 14 of their 22 home league games. By stark contrast, Ipswich have only won 2 of their 22 away games in the league this season and one of those was that victory over Bolton.

I really think Sheffield United will win this game. The superior goal difference means they could afford to slip up in one of their two remaining league games so the pressure won't be on the players as much as it could be. They have been storming to wins in their past two matches in the league and I expect that to continue here in front of a ferocious home crowd.

Sheffield United -1 @ 1.57 with Coral

Sheffield United HT/FT @ 1.70 with Ladbrokes

Millwall FC vs Stoke City

Millwall FC

Doubtful: Shaun Hutchinson (26/1 d, probably in), Jordan Archer (24/0 first goalkeeper, illness)

Out (injuries/other): Ben Thompson (13/4 m), Tom Bradshaw (10/0 f)

Suspended: -

Stoke City

Doubtful: Tom Edwards (27/1 d), Bruno Martins Indi (36/1 d)

Out (injuries/other): Saido Berahino (23/3 f)

Birmingham City vs Wigan Athletic

Birmingham City

Doubtful: Connor Mahoney (30/2 m)

Out (injuries/other): Harlee Dean (44/1 d), Maikel Kieftenbeld (36/1 m)

Wigan Athletic

Doubtful: Anthony Pilkington (9/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Callum McManaman (21/1 m), Michael Jacobs (22/4 m), Gary Roberts (14/2 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Leeds vs Aston Villa

The Championship promotion race is in the balance today when Leeds host Aston Villa in a crucial game that kicks off at midday today at Elland Road. Apologies for the lateness in getting this up but a combination of drowning my sorrows after the Cardiff result yesterday and being reluctant to make a call on this until I knew the teams came into play.

Leeds must win here. That's the summary of the situation. Marcelo Bielsa's side are in 3rd place and 6 points behind 2nd placed Sheffield United. If we're being honest, the Blades have probably done enough with a 13 goal advantage in the goal difference column with only two league games remaining. Still, anything less than victory would absolutely condemn Leeds to the play-offs. If they're to do it then they'll need to break a run of back-to-back defeats. Is this where Bielsa's hardcore training methods are working against him?

Aston Villa have their own matters to worry about. Dean Smith's team have won a club record 10 league games in a row including back-to-back clean sheets. The club are in 5th place and assured of a play-off spot. They can still move further up the table to earn a more favourable play-off draw but it's essentially a lottery.

Interestingly, this is the 100th time these two clubs have faced each other in all competitions. Villa have a terrible recent record away to Leeds having failed to win any of their last 5 visits to Elland Road. The last victory came way back in December 2000 when both clubs were in the Premier League.

I'm not sure how this will go. Leeds must be shot in morale right now with Sheffield United all but certain to go up. Teams in this position rarely find it in themselves to bounce back and get promoted via the play-offs. I think we could see an end-to-end game with both teams looking to win. A high-scoring draw is an attractive proposition.

Draw @ 3.70 with Coral

BTTS @ 1.62 with Betfred

22 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Leeds vs Aston Villa

The Championship promotion race is in the balance today when Leeds host Aston Villa in a crucial game that kicks off at midday today at Elland Road. Apologies for the lateness in getting this up but a combination of drowning my sorrows after the Cardiff result yesterday and being reluctant to make a call on this until I knew the teams came into play.

Leeds must win here. That's the summary of the situation. Marcelo Bielsa's side are in 3rd place and 6 points behind 2nd placed Sheffield United. If we're being honest, the Blades have probably done enough with a 13 goal advantage in the goal difference column with only two league games remaining. Still, anything less than victory would absolutely condemn Leeds to the play-offs. If they're to do it then they'll need to break a run of back-to-back defeats. Is this where Bielsa's hardcore training methods are working against him?

Aston Villa have their own matters to worry about. Dean Smith's team have won a club record 10 league games in a row including back-to-back clean sheets. The club are in 5th place and assured of a play-off spot. They can still move further up the table to earn a more favourable play-off draw but it's essentially a lottery.

Interestingly, this is the 100th time these two clubs have faced each other in all competitions. Villa have a terrible recent record away to Leeds having failed to win any of their last 5 visits to Elland Road. The last victory came way back in December 2000 when both clubs were in the Premier League.

I'm not sure how this will go. Leeds must be shot in morale right now with Sheffield United all but certain to go up. Teams in this position rarely find it in themselves to bounce back and get promoted via the play-offs. I think we could see an end-to-end game with both teams looking to win. A high-scoring draw is an attractive proposition.

Draw @ 3.70 with Coral

BTTS @ 1.62 with Betfred

cracking game there-bamford acting the ponce as per usual

Nicely done @StevieDay1983 - there's a lot to be said for betting on draws, value is nearly always there. ;) 

@waynecoyne I'm Leeds born and bred (apart from 18 years in London ;) ) but I'd be whole backing up that kind of behaviour getting at least a red card with VAR, it's the only way to stamp it out.