** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Hunter Chases - 4.15 Sedgefield & 4.25 Ludlow

It was a shame the selection was a non-runner, but it was always a possibility. The favourite won fairly comfortably in the end although Charlie Todd did very well to stay on after he jumped into the Hill horse. It is obviously very weak form though so chances are the winner can be opposed next time. As for Sir Jack Yeats I was a bit concerned to see what he was like before the race as he didn't look a happy horse and he duly ran no sort of race. It obviously wasn't his true running and I think Aintree has clearly left a mark. I wrote in my Aintree review that he hadn't looked an easy ride at times and something clearly has happened to him probably mentally. If he was a generous price I might risk him next time, but he obviously has a big question mark after this.

Onto Tuesday's races and there is a chance of a walkover at Ludlow because Now Ben won a point-to-point at Eyton on Monday afternoon. Again none of the press will have that info although he won at 2/13 and although I don't know the distance at this stage, but I suspect it was a very comfortable victory. Apparently the plan is to run him in this and for me he has to be the bet. The formbook has just 1lb between the two horses and through Queen Olivia there isn't a great deal between the two of them. Now had Virak not made the mistake he did there is a chance he could have won easier at Ascot, but there is no way the prices should as different as they are. Now Ben will make his own running and that could be too his advantage as well. I would make them joint favourites myself so at 15/8 he is a must bet.

In theory Carter Mckay should have a very easy task at Sedgefield as this is a pretty weak race and he was 3rd in Grade 1 Novice Hurdle at Leopardstown last February. It is pretty odd to see this colours in a Hunter Chase as well. Interesting that he has ended up in a Novice Hunter Chase at Sedgefield as he has disappointed over fences so far when with Gordon Elliott, but those races were stronger than this. I wouldn't exactly want to be lumping on at 1/7 though.

The outsider has no chance so it looks a match between Hurricane Vic and Exclusive Rights for 2nd place. Hurricane Vic ran OK to a point at Stratford, but there was very little that finished behind him and he has been well beaten in a point since. Therefore Exclusive Rights is the one I think can finish 2nd. This sort of trip on this ground is perfect for her and she was so close to winning at Fontwell last year. Ignore the pulled up the next time as the over-watered ground was against her. She ran with credit in a couple of handicaps over the summer. She was a solid enough 2nd on her seasonal debut and then unusually unseated last time. A repeat of her best Hunter Chase form should be good enough for 2nd and I am actually going to stick up 0.5pt on the win just in case Carter Mckay bombs out.

Now Ben 2pts @ 15/8 with BetVictor and Unibet

Carter Mckay to beat Exclusive Rights 2pts f/c

Exclusive Rights 0.5pts @ 9/1 with William Hill and BetVictor

3 hours ago, Noodle bowl said:

Hi Darren

Any views on the hunter chase at fairy house today there a few that ran at aintree entered 

Had a look at the card and thought I would ask 

I had it in mind to do a preview and was tempted by Fennos Storm which is now a NR. I can't really make up my mind so I am going to leave it alone. Road To Riches was the one I was closest to although as we saw yesterday horses from Aintree don't always show their form next time and he had a tough race that day. I didn't think much of Ucello Conti's form going into the two Foxhunters', but in the context of this race it's probably decent enough form. A mistake basically took him out of the race at Aintree so he didn't have a hard race, but it depends on how that has affected him. Would be great if On The Fringe could win and he did win a point on his return so maybe he could be up to it, but at the same time he looks about the right price. Most of the others on their day could well be capable of winning as well. So basically it looks a really tricky puzzle to solve so I am not going to try.