** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Apr 22nd

stay away from swansea. they have a jinx playing away. i expect they will forget how to win on the road again.

hull are solid hosts but sheffield have more quality. i can see them having enough to win

nottingham forest can't wait for season to end. they may come good next year but middlesbrough just need to score one and pretty sure they will defend it with pulis in charge

reading like millwall recently have been pain in the arse. i can't fault a team fighting and chipping points but i fancy west brom to win. it's just that they concede too many goals. if this turns in to the goalfest i'd rather skip it entirely

rotherham are fighting on all cylinders.. this is another vital match for them and i think birmingham are in for a tough day provided the hosts can find the goal like previous match

sheff wed are pretty solid at the back under bruce. bristol city has to go for the win but not sure they will get it. i can see their promotion hopes being dashed here

wigan produced unexpected win against leeds with ten men and it shows how football can spew unexpected results like that. i'm pretty sure 99% of coupons went best because of that. can they follow it up with crucial win against preston. i wouldn't be surprised if they don't as preston just shook of their poor league form with thumping 4-0 win

aston villa, derby and blackburn seem solid bankers 

Wigan vs Preston

The Championship action is relentless here and it's no fun for teams involved in the thick of a relegation dogfight or play-off battle like these two sides. Wigan take on Preston at the DW Stadium in a 3pm kick-off today and there are issues at both ends of the table to resolve.

Wigan are 20th in the table after their heroic 2-1 win against title chasing Leeds on the weekend. Paul Cook's side might already have done enough being 5 points clear of Rotherham in the final relegation spot. However, they'll want one more win at least to ensure the job is done.

Preston have continued to defy the odds this season with a late play-off push. Alex Neil has experienced promotion from the Championship before with Norwich. As his former club look set to once again go up the Lilywhites still have an outside shot of the play-offs. Admittedly, it's a slim chance with North End in 9th place and 7 points behind 6th placed Middlesbrough but a win here could move them to within 4 points of the top six with 2 games remaining.

My concerns here are double sided. I'm wondering how much energy the Wigan players will have after giving so much with just 10 men on Friday against Leeds. On the other side, I'm not sure how well-equipped Preston will be with so many injuries. I think they have up to 8 first team players missing?

The stats throw up some interesting reading. Wigan are without a win in four league meetings with Preston. That last win came back in 2004. That being said, Preston's last victory at Wigan was way back in 2000. It seems Preston don't like travelling in April either having lost 5 of their last 7 away games played during this month.

It's a tough one to call but I think I have to go with my gut and think that both teams could cancel each other out. It would realistically boost Wigan's survival hopes and technically at least end Preston's play-off hopes but I think the tired legs and injuries will make this an error-ridden affair.

Draw @ 3.30 with Sportingbet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.80 with RedZone

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @Hitch, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, are you guys putting any bets down in the Championship today?