** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Easter Monday

Darran

I am hoping we are going to see a few big priced winners on Easter Monday as I have some monster prices among the 9 teams I am putting up.

Aldershot v Havant

Two relegated teams and both have only won one of their last 10 games, but Havant were able to go 3 up against Ebbsfleet on Friday and they aren't a bad side. As Lee Bradbury said after they were relegated they were very competitive in all bar 2 of their games this season and that is backed up by how many they have lost by a single goal. This is a Hampshire derby and I am sure they would love to get one over an Aldershot side who have had a terrible season. Havant just shouldn't be as big as 3/1 to win this.

Chesterfield v Boreham Wood

Chesterfield were poor on Friday against Gateshead and sadly for us seemed the players seemed to have their minds on the beach which surprised me. Whilst they were losing Boreham Wood gave Salford a massive scare coming from 2 down to level it at 2 all before conceding a winner late on. That effort might leave a mark, but given Chesterfield went through the motions on Saturday, if Wood can back that effort up then they have a chance here. At 18/5 they are well worth taking a risk with.

Eastleigh v Maidenhead

Eastleigh are doing their best to blow their play-off spot having lost 4 out of their last 6 games. Losing 2-0 at Dagenham on Friday was another poor effort and although Maidenhead couldn't quite recover from a poor first half against Barrow on Saturday they did get a point. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they won this this and at 19/5 they are worth backing.

Ebbsfleet V Dover

Ebbsfleet are the closest side to Eastleigh in 8th yet they have hit the buffers a little in the last couple of weeks. As mentioned above they got away with coming from 3 down on Friday to get a point. Prior to that they lost to Dagenham and before that it was a point at Gateshead. Dover are unbeaten in their last 7 now and in the last 10 form table only the 3 title contenders are above them. They might have nothing to play for, but they would love to get one over their Kent rivals and at 5/1 they look overpriced.

Harrogate v Gateshead

I'm slightly surprised to be putting up Gateshead, but although it was only a penalty that defeated Chesterfield they more than deserved the win. It showed they still have a bit of fight in them and Harrogate aren't exactly doing great things at the moment with their only win in 7 was against Havant. Given they have to chase down Eastleigh Gateshead have suddenly given themselves a chance of the play-offs again and although the early 5s has gone the 4s is still decent value.

Guiseley v Darlington

Darlington have hit form as they win against Bradford Park Avenue on Friday was the first time they have won 3 on the bounce all season. The only time Guiseley have won in their last 10 was when I opposed them against Curzon, but that was the start of Curzon's downturn in form so it doesn't say much. I don't think the away side should be over 2/1 to win this and they are well worth a bet.

Bath City v Oxford City

The home side looked good for the play-offs 6 games ago, but they then haven't won in 6. To be fair they have picked up 4 draws in that spell, but they only drew 0-0 against relegation threatened Hungerford on Friday. Oxford lost to Slough, but they are flying at the moment and it was 2 late goals which defeated them 3-1. They have won 4 of their last 6 and winning at Concord in their previous game is decent form. I just don't see how on earth they can be priced up at 9/1 to win this and although a draw is a concern they are simply too big not to back.

Hemel Hempstead v Weston-Super-Mare

Granted Weston weren't great when I put them up on Saturday, but Hemel have looked really poor of late and now Weston have finally been relegated it wouldn't surprise me if they went and won this now they have the pressure off. Weston have picked up 1 more point than Hemel in their last 10 games and it is just crazy why the bookies have stuck the away side in at 7/1 in what is a pretty even game for me.

Leatherhead v Dorking

One bet at step 3 and it is for the Bostik Premier Champions Dorking. Dorking haven't let up since they won the league winning every game since and they have lost just once in their last 20 games, a run which started against Leatherhead. They have already beaten 3 teams still in the play-off hunt in their last 3 games so to beat another one here wouldn't surprise at all. Leatherhead are 2 points off the play-offs although they are only 9th. They lost their 1st game in 7 at the weekend so they had been in good form, but Dorking have picked up 87 points, Haringey in 2nd are on 71 and Leatherhead are on 62. That's how much better than the rest they have been so to be able to back them at over 2/1 just because their hosts need a win looks worth taking advantage of.

Havant 1pt @ 3/1 with BetVictor

Boreham Wood 1pt @ 18/5 with BetVictor

Maidenhead 1pt @ 19/5 with William Hill, Marathon and BetVictor

Dover 1pt @ 5/1 with William Hill

Gateshead 1pt @ 4/1 with Bet365 and BetVictor

Darlington 1pt @ 11/5 with Bet365

Oxford City 1pt @ 9/1 with William Hill and Bet365

Weston-Super-Mare 1pt @ 7/1 with Bet365

Dorking 2pts @ 103/50 with Marathon

3 minutes ago, Teodore said:

@Darran great job but I have one question. If you need from this bets, two best for double or some triple. For sure I will play them them with "x" as double chance.

Yeah wouldn't put people off doing that, but I on the whole prefer to take the bigger price for the bigger risk. Cue 9 draws now!

Is Salford worth backing against AFC Fylde? Considering Leyton and Solihull are playing each other and depending on their result Salford might go top of the league with just 1 game to go. Fylde on the other hand are sure to be in the play-offs so in the next two games they have nothing to play for really.

2 hours ago, hariton said:

One note from me, Havant and Boreham have cup finals after 2 days and this could be the reason for the high odds for them!

I doubt it given the level of care teams pay to county cups. Doubt they will even play the first team in them.

1 hour ago, mtom said:

Is Salford worth backing against AFC Fylde? Considering Leyton and Solihull are playing each other and depending on their result Salford might go top of the league with just 1 game to go. Fylde on the other hand are sure to be in the play-offs so in the next two games they have nothing to play for really.

Fylde can catch Wrexham so still have something to play for. I know it’s a long shot but they can still finish 3rd as well. Not saying Salford still won’t win but I can’t imagine Fylde will just turn up and give them the 3 points