** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Apr 16th & 17th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

FC Barcelona have been undefeated in their last 20 matches. (Champions League)
76% of Manchester Utd’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total. (Champions League)
Juventus have scored in each of their last 16 home matches. (Champions League)
80% of Ajax Amsterdam’s matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total. (Champions League)

You can find interesting 29 Football Betting Streaks for 16.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-16-04-2019-14054

FC Barcelona vs Manchester United

FC Barcelona

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Thomas Vermaelen (8/0 d), Rafinha Alcântara (5/0 m)

Suspended: -

Manchester United

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Ander Herrera (20/2 m), Eric Bailly (11/0 d), Antonio Valencia (5/0 d)

Suspended: Luke Shaw (26/1 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

As long as he had to play at Old Trafford, Barcelona and with one goal in the first quarter of the match, Manchester United won 1-0. The English have already made a major reversal to the institution by excluding Paris Saint-Germain, so the blaugrano should not be relaxed in any way today. In the championship with Huesca, almost all of the basic ones were resting, with the aim of being all prepared for qualification today. Solskieer's team did not have that luxury in the 2-1 on West Ham on Saturday, as they chase the four in the Premier League, a factor that also has the importance of
FC BARCELONA vs MANCHESTER UNITED @@ FC BARCELONA, odds 1.40

Good football again by Ajax in the event, although he could not beat Juventus in Amsterdam (1-1). Now the headquarters are with the Italian team, but everyone in the club knows they will have a very difficult night today. The Dutch run a lot, they have quality and certainly do not have the home-grown stress. Clearly all of Alegre is more experienced at this stage, but traditions are about to break. The two teams have the opportunity to score at least once again in the match
JUVENTUS TURIN vs AJAX AMSTERDAM @@ Both team to score, odds 1.75

Barcelona vs Manchester United

The second leg of one of the less balanced ties of this round of the Champions League takes place tonight when Barcelona take a 1-0 first leg lead to the Nou Camp to face Manchester United. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer created Champions League history in this ground 20 years ago. Can he inspire another historic European football moment here?

Barcelona scraped through with a win at Old Trafford but it was a performance that left many United fans feeling they could still turn this tie around. Personally, I think they're dreaming. They didn't even register a shot on goal during the first leg. This Barcelona side won't fold like PSG did in the last round and I'd be amazed if the Red Devils even managed to get a draw out of this.

Everyone knows United's form has dropped off since Solskjaer was given the job on a full-time basis. Their tactics are also clear as day. Barcelona simply need to sit back and hit them on the counter attack. I could see them losing this by 2-3 goals if they aren't careful.

The stats don't read well for United. Barcelona have never lost a home game against the Red Devils. Their last encounter finished 0-0 back in April, 2008. On the 70 times when a side has won the first leg of their Champions League knockout tie away from home only 6% have failed to progress to the next round. That's four teams. That said, two of those sides came in this season's competition and one of them was United in the previous round.

Ernesto Valverde's side have now extended their undefeated streak at home in this competition to 30 matches. It's the longest run of its kind in the Champions League. Interestingly, they have also not conceded more than once in any of those games. However, 90% of United's goals scored in this season's Champions League have come away from home.

I appreciate some are saying United are a better side away from home in Europe this season but let's be real. This is Barcelona. La Liga champions elect. Lionel Messi inspired. At the Nou Camp. Possessing a first leg lead. United used up all their gusto and luck in the PSG game. It won't happen again here. Barcelona to win by 1 or 2 goals to seal United's exit.

Barcelona -1 @ 2.00 with SpreadEx

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.51 with RedZone

@vasilli07, @Xcout, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @matt-e-matticle, @EBTA, @cluelessG, @mtom, @Marek76, @allyhibs, @alani42, @jazzman02, @hristofor, @fhuefdsa @Gedkip, @Carovie, @money44, @Donvitz, @swasya, @vicsuna, @Neubs, @kevlevrone, @Jammycnutand @WinningAdvice, what are you guys looking to bet on in these matches?

51 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Barcelona vs Manchester United

Barcelona -1 @ 2.00 with SpreadEx

Yeah, I'm taking the exact same bet here. Barcelona are just too good at home, especially in the CL. They've defeated the likes of Lyon, Inter, Roma, Chelsea, Juventus, and PSG over the past two years by more than one goal, and the majority of these teams are better than this United side, in my opinion. They also haven't conceded more than one goal at the Camp Nou in the CL in the past 30 games.

And if we look at the first leg, I think Barcelona never got out of 2nd gear and United had ZERO shots on target. With United struggling recently and needing to score, coupled with the fact that Barcelona's best players were rested on the weekend, I'm all over this.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Tottenham have lost their last 4 away matches. (Champions League)
FC Porto have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 matches. (Champions League)
Liverpool have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 matches. (Champions League)
Manchester City have won their last 9 matches. (Champions League)

You can find interesting 39 Football Betting Streaks for 17.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-04-2019-14057

Good call on the Barca bet!  Never in doubt after 20 minutes.

Anyone with any thoughts on City Spurs tonight?  I'd be interested in any less biased views on this match! 

I'm backing spurs to qualify 2.37 (betfair).  I picked spurs to win last week on the basis I just don't think City play the same in the CL as we see in the PL.  I know the owners and Guardiola are desperate for success in the CL, but the rest of the club/fans just don't seem as bothered about the CL as teams like Liverpool, Man U, Barca etc.  Their fans boo the anthem which can't set a good tone for the players. 

I don't see spurs winning, but a draw is achievable.  Not conceding an away goal is a huge advantage for spurs IMO, and city haven't been playing with the same swagger and confidence for quite a few games now, so if city do go on to win, I don't see them winning by a large margin- maybe a 2-1

26 minutes ago, thfc said:

Anyone with any thoughts on City Spurs tonight?  I'd be interested in any less biased views on this match! 

I'm backing spurs to qualify 2.37 (betfair).  I picked spurs to win last week on the basis I just don't think City play the same in the CL as we see in the PL.  I know the owners and Guardiola are desperate for success in the CL, but the rest of the club/fans just don't seem as bothered about the CL as teams like Liverpool, Man U, Barca etc.  Their fans boo the anthem which can't set a good tone for the players. 

I don't see spurs winning, but a draw is achievable.  Not conceding an away goal is a huge advantage for spurs IMO, and city haven't been playing with the same swagger and confidence for quite a few games now, so if city do go on to win, I don't see them winning by a large margin- maybe a 2-1

i have backed 2-2 and 1-2 @24 and 36 to small stakes. Spurs can hit city on the break and score at least 1 goal, whether that is enough we shall have to wait and see. The spurs goal times look high at 62.5 and 83.5 for 1st and 2nd (sporting index).

man city has advantage here as they are hosts and kane will not feature for tottenham but first leg showed tottenham very capable matching the intensity of pep guardiola side but nonetheless man city will win tonight but there will be lots of goals. man city will undoubtedly press tottenham and try to outsource them but tottenham will have to play because if they sit back it's just going to invite man city onto them so we may see open scoring match and possibly 4 or 5 goals.

Manchester City vs Tottenham

The second legs of the Champions League Quarter-Finals continue tonight and the focus of our attention is the Etihad Stadium where Premier League rivals Manchester City and Tottenham will go head-to-head in a highly-anticipated kick-off at 8pm with the visitors holding a narrow 1-0 lead from the first leg.

Manchester City have it all to do here against a Tottenham side that have now won their last three matches in all competitions and have also managed to keep three clean sheets during the process. Pep Guardiola's men bounced back after last week's first leg loss with a convincing 3-1 win away to Crystal Palace in the league.

Tottenham will feel this tie is theirs to lose. Dele Alli has handed Spurs a boost by being available to play despite breaking his hand in last week's game. Unfortunately, the stats are not in Mauricio Pochettino's team's favour. Spurs have only won 1 of their last 8 visits to the Etihad Stadium.

On the 32 occasions when a team has entered the second leg at home having lost the first leg away by a 1-0 score-line, that team has progressed to the next round on just 10 occasions. Also, the last time Tottenham won a home first leg 1-0 in European competition, they went on to be eliminated in that tie losing 2-1 to Bundesliga side Kaiserslautern in the 1999/2000 UEFA Cup.

I still feel that City should have enough to squeeze past Tottenham here. I actually feel Tottenham are not as negatively impacted by Harry Kane's absence as some people think. Kane is undoubtedly a world class striker but Pochettino shapes the team effectively with him not playing. I think Tottenham will make this very hard for City and it could require penalties so that's what I'm punting for!

Manchester City to Qualify @ 1.66 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.65 with Unibet

9 hours ago, thfc said:

Never in doubt!! 

What a game.  Fair play to Man City.  I said they weren't up for the CL but that was way off the mark.