** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Apr 12th - 16th

Burnley vs Cardiff

Finally, we reach the crucial period of the Premier League season when my Cardiff side face a number of do-or-die matches. The first up is this Saturday at 3pm when we travel to Turf Moor to face fellow relegation rivals Burnley. Anything but a win could realistically all but end our hopes of survival.

Burnley were looking in trouble a couple of weeks ago but back-to-back wins in the league have helped to steer the club away from the drop zone. Sean Dyche's team are now in 14th place and 8 points clear of the drop. It seems unlikely they'll go down now but one more win would make things a lot more comfortable. Particularly if that win came against this Cardiff side.

Cardiff are doing their best to keep their heads above water. The Bluebirds are in 18th place and 5 points from safety with just 6 league games remaining. This game is one of those six that they'll feel they can win but it will be tough. Neil Warnock's side are not short on self belief after two strong displays against Chelsea and Manchester City. They know even 4 points from their next two league matches against Burnley and Brighton could change everything.

Three of the last four league meetings between these two sides have ended in draws. It was back in April 2013 when Cardiff went to Turf Moor and grabbed a draw that delivered the Championship title for them that season. Six years later and Cardiff will be hoping to come away from that ground with a positive result.

The bad news for Cardiff fans is that hope is fading. Our team have only won 2 and drawn 2 of their 15 away league games this season. They come to a Burnley side that are starting to get their results back on track. Personally, I feel the best we can hope for here is a draw. I have said it before and I'll say it again though. Don't write this Cardiff side off just yet.

Draw @ 3.60 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.81 with MarathonBet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, @Carovie, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys liking the look of this week?

Fancy Southampton to beat Wolves and at odds of 2.7 (betvictor) i'm more than happy at that price.

The main reasoning being Southampton's form has picked up, only losing to Man U and Liverpool in the last 5.  They were competitive in both those games as well.  Saints still need another win or two to be assured of safety so have plenty of motivation to get a result here.

Wolves are great against the top 6, but not so good against the rest and after the cup defeat they must be deflated, especially the way they lost it.  I just don't see Wolves turning up for this one and I think Southampton will get the win.

Also got to fancy Watford to beat Arsenal on Monday.  Odds of 3.3 with bet365 are well worth taking.

I watched most of Arsenal's game away at Everton last weekend, and 1-0 everton flattered Arsenal.  They are just a different team on the road in the PL and are the only team in the PL not to keep an away clean sheet yet, so Watford should be good for 1 goal at least! 

More importantly, this game also comes in between Arsenal's two games with Napoli in the Europa, which will be tough games against a decent team who have already beaten Liverpool this season.

Watford will be given a massive homecoming after their efforts in the FA cup semis last weekend.  Even without that win, they are a decent team this season, and given Arsenal's poor away form and Europa League distractions, this looks a perfect time for Watford to be playing Arsenal and to get a win.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Leicester City have won their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Leicester City have scored in each of their last 8 matches in Premier League.
Newcastle Utd have failed to win in their last 8 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 58 Football Betting Streaks for 12.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-12-04-2019-14025

The change of technical leadership in Leicester has been completely successful as the arrival of Brendan Rogers has brought results and in particular four consecutive wins. She also convinces greatly with her appearances, and the remainder of the season's end will look for the finest finale. Nowadays she has Newcastle, who still needs some points to break through her stay in the Premier League, but she will probably do it
LEICESTER CITY vs NEWCASTLE UNITED @@ LEICESTER CITY, odds 1.70

41% of Tottenham's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Huddersfield have lost their last 5 matches in Premier League.
Manchester Utd have been undefeated in their last 13 home matches in Premier League.
West Ham Utd have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 120 Football Betting Streaks for 13.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-13-04-2019-14038

Brighton vs Bournemouth: Brighton -1 Draw

Since their last Premiership match in December a 2:0 home win for the cherries, both teams have won same number of points in the league - 12 with 3 wins and 3 draws. Brighton has scored 11 goals and conceded 20 while Bournemouth has 17:33. However, Brighton has played 2 games less than the cherries so have 2 less losses in the Premiership for the same period. Brighton also won away 3:1 vs Bournemouth in the FA Cup and will fancy themselves for a win today, which will give them up to 8 points difference from Cardiff ahead of their midweek match.

Brighton has won 4, drew 6 and lost only once at home vs Bournemouth and is yet to win vs the cherries in the Premiership. Brighton has 9 wins this season and 8 of them are with 1 goal difference. Bournemouth has not had a single away draw all season with 12 losses and 4 wins.

I reckon this game is either a draw or a narrow Brighton win, but as Bournemouth do not make any ties away this season I believe the seagulls will secure their Premiership spot with a narrow win vs a team playing for nothing till rest of the season.

Edited by vicsuna

Tottenham - Huddersfield Town
Tottenham1.19 2-0 FT

Brighton - Bournemouth
Draw3.25 1-1 FT

Burnley - Cardiff City
Burnley1.88 2-0 FT

Fulham - Everton
Draw3.90 2-2 FT

Southampton - Wolves
Southampton2.57 2-1 FT

Manchester Utd - West Ham
Manchester Utd1.43 3-0 FT

Crystal Palace - Manchester City
Manchester City1.30 0-2 FT

Liverpool - Chelsea
Chelsea4.95 1-2 FT

Watford - Arsenal
Arsenal2.20 0-3FT

i'm going to try burnley, everton, southampton treble and the reasons

burnley played their best game of the season last week. it's time to put nail in the coffin of cardiff hopeful. cardiff didn't do enough to stay up this season. there will be good feeling in the burnley camp after their performance last week and another win is more than likely

everton has improved 360 defensively and teams are finding it very difficult to break down. arsenal couldn't do it on monday and everton has won last three without conceding. they should be able to pick this fulham team in same way

wolverhampton will be downspirited after missing out on fa cup final and it comes at right time for southampton to pick them off at home. 

Manchester City have won their last 8 matches in Premier League.
Liverpool have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 home matches in Premier League.
Chelsea have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.
Crystal Palace have scored 44% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.

You can find interesting 110 Football Betting Streaks for 14.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-04-2019-14044/

Everything is now judging for Liverpool, which is constantly playing important games this season. He is in the Champions League matches with Porto, winning at Anfield last Tuesday with 2-0. However, the Premier League championship remains a major goal, where the Chelsea derby is ahead of her. The two teams want the victory for their own reasons, but the bad luck is the upper hand of the "Reds" of Jürgen Clop
LIVERPOOL FC vs CHELSEA FC @@ LIVERPOOL FC,odss 1.70

Arsenal conceded at least 1 goal in 100% of their away matches in Premier League.
Watford conceded at least 1 goal in 73% of their home matches in Premier League.
Arsenal have scored in 87% of their away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 42 Football Betting Streaks for 15.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-15-04-2019-14051/

Watford vs Arsenal

This elongated (ooh er!) Premier League round of fixtures continues tonight when Watford take on their closest top flight rivals in Arsenal in an 8pm kick-off at Vicarage Road. The Hornets will be looking to build on their FA Cup Semi-Final success of last weekend and the Gunners will be looking to bounce back into the top four.

Watford are in 10th place but there's nothing of any real significance to play for in the league. It's all about that highly anticipated date with Manchester City at Wembley in May. Matches like this are just getting in the way if we're honest. They're playing for pride but that's about it. 7th place is realistically the highest they can finish so it might offer a potential back door option into Europe if they lose the FA Cup Final.

Arsenal currently sit in 6th place and Unai Emery's side are all about finishing in the Champions League qualification spots. The club is just 3 points behind Chelsea in 4th place and have two games in hand on their London rivals. Unfortunately, Arsenal haven't managed to keep a clean sheet away from home this season so the pressure is on their attack to deliver the goods.

The last time these two sides met at Vicarage Road it ended in a win for Watford but Arsenal had won on their previous four visits to the ground. None of the past 11 league meetings between these two sides have ended in a draw. Vicarage Road has become  a bit of a fortress for Watford with the club winning their last three home matches and remaining undefeated at home since Boxing Day.

Despite all the signs pointing to another banana skin for Arsenal, I think they'll probably win this one narrowly. They've got a lot more to fight for than Watford heading into this game and have won 5 of their last 7 league games... even though their last match was that defeat to Everton. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang leads the Premier League scorers chart but he's failed to score on the road in the league this calendar year. I'm going to back that to change tonight.

Arsenal to Win @ 2.16 with Unibet

Anytime Scorer: Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang @ 2.20 with BetVictor

I am actually thinking about Watford over 1,5 ... They have "nothing" to play for and they possess a lot of quality in their squad, especially offensive. Seeing them creating chance after chance against Man United, I think they can do the same against Arsenal. Truth is, that the conversion rate of those chances was poor, but with a bit better day today, they could score at least 2.

Cardiff City have scored 39% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.
71% of Cardiff City’s goals have been scored in the second half in Premier League.
Cardiff City have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 29 Football Betting Streaks for 16.04.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-16-04-2019-14054

1 hour ago, Pep004 said:

I am actually thinking about Watford over 1,5 ... They have "nothing" to play for and they possess a lot of quality in their squad, especially offensive. Seeing them creating chance after chance against Man United, I think they can do the same against Arsenal. Truth is, that the conversion rate of those chances was poor, but with a bit better day today, they could score at least 2.

"Nothing to play" ?? Dude look at the table if they dont won FA Cup against Man City they can get through 7 place.I agree that they posses a lot of quality especially offensive but I ever watched Watford you will be agree with prediction of @StevieDay1983.Main problem for Watford are their defense and too much aggression and physical strength they are second in the league after ofc Burnley.Main problem at Watford is defense,too old and after 60 minutes or later their defense lose concentration,at big handicap will be Holebas who is injured for this match.At other side I belive in victory for Arsenal only if Emery would play in system 3-4-1-2.Why? Because I didn´t see best chemistry in whole PL or I didn´t see best partnership except Lacazet and Aubo.Lacazet told that they are friends off the pitch and we can see that on the pitch.Defense without Sokratis and when I see Mustafi he screams at my eyes.But we can see that missing main player at middle(Torreira) who is playing like fucking(I am sorry about that) pitbull he so fascinated me,with his move with feeling for position and ofc he´s standing tackle is awsome.So if arsenal will play 3-4-1-2 at my predicition line up(Leno-Koscienly,Mustafi,Monreal-Kolasinac,Torreira,Ramsey.Niles-Ozil-Auba,Lazacet.

@StevieDay1983 What are you making of the game tmrw? I think that it is Brighton's to lose, and Cardiff have nothing to lose! The performance on Saturday was very unusual and if they don't show a reaction tmrw then we are right in the mix up. As soon as we reached Wembley, I had visions of a repeat of 1983, which now look a possibility.

The problem for Brighton is that they simply don't score enough goals. If this addressed soon, then I can see relegation happening next season if not this one.

i think Cardiff will feel they have some chance of reeling Brighton in, so will be going for it from the off. I just hope that Brighton get back to their best, cos anything less will make it easier for your boys.

on a lighter note, I was at Torquay on Saturday to see them clinch the title.I had a tenner e/w at 34/1 on them winning the title, so will be buying a season ticket with my winnings. Looking forward to watching a season of Conference National next season. 

Brighton vs Cardiff

Well, @Tiffy, this is it. I think you're spot on. It's yours to lose and everything for us to gain. There's a weird feeling around our club right now. I wouldn't say it's defeatism but it's more "whatever happens, sod it!". I think the huge number of decisions that have gone against us have made our fans feel our fight is futile. For those of you that want the facts, this is Brighton versus Cardiff tonight at 7:45pm from the Amex Stadium.

Brighton are being seen as the most likely side Cardiff can drag back into the relegation dog fight but the fact remains that Chris Hughton's side are in 15th place on 33 points with 9 league games left to play. The odds are heavily in their favour to get the magic 7 points needed to realistically stay up.

Cardiff are running out of time. Decision after decision has been going against the Bluebirds and it seems everyone is just starting to lose hope and care for staying in the Premier League. I think our fans have become institutionalised by the Championship. It's more fun, raw, and with less pressure. Better referees too.

Tiffy, I see you guys have got Pascal Gross back. That's got to be a massive boost surely? As you said, the issue for you boys is that you can't score right now. Missing Anthony Knockaert will be a blow but I can guarantee you we're missing Sol Bamba and Callum Paterson more.

I remember over the years how you boys always just seemed a step ahead of us in the evolution stakes. Right from that 2000/01 season when we both went up from the old Division Three (now League Two) but you finished 1st and 10 points ahead of us in 2nd place. I'd always dread our trips to your place. 4 of the last 5 matches at your place have ended in draws and I can see the same happening here.

Let's face it, Cardiff haven't been good enough to stay up. Regardless of the decisions. The odd lacklustre performance has let us down. There was hope Kenneth Zohore coming back into the side could trigger something but he's not learned anything and remains lazy. He could have been our saviour but he's not arsed. Oumar Niasse is likely to return and he can't finish a ready meal. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends 0-0 tonight.

Draw @ 3.30 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with BetVictor

it's going to have be big money stake on cardiff for me. i just think this is their last chance to make it count. brighton is in such poor form that it's the right time to be playing them. i see all confidence with cardiff going into this match and i think they will get the three points tonight

@StevieDay1983

Good write up mate. Yes Gross and March are  back in contention, & boy do we need them!

i have no idea if it's going to be a tetchy, nervy affair, or whether both teams just have to go for it.  Vincent Tan sent a nice message through Talk Sport this morning, shows that he (as you said before) has become more in tune with the ethos over here.

Good luck tonight, let's see how it pans out:gimme

2 hours ago, Jammycnut said:

Tiffy I have just seen you are from Brighton. And a fan, I assume.

What are the chances of Brighton getting bummed off the park in tonights game?

I was a STH at the Amex for 6 seasons & have followed Brighton for about 17 years. I have just moved to Devon, so haven't seen them live since Dec.

I don't think they will get thrashed by Cardiff. The players should respond to the horror show at the weekend. For Cardiff it's a must win, for Brighton a mustn't lose. Gross and March should be back, which should mean a more attacking intent. I'm hoping for a Brighton win, but not very confident.