** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2019 Masters

Grass Cash

Back at my favourite golfing event, Augusta and The Masters.

Will Rory finally get the one he wants? Looking at the market on this, you could really find atleast 15 names that have a good, solid chance this weekend. I'm trying to cut it down to 4-5 max and pick the winner ofcourse.

Last year I backed Rickie Fowler and it was all so close for him. unfortunately Reed just kept coming and the stars were aligned. However, I am backing Fowler again this year. His masters form speaks for itself. 2 years ago he came 11tth and last year 2nd. He is my first pick.

Next up is Spieth. Yes, he hasn't pulled up any trees this year, but he loves this place and his form of 2nd / 11th and 3rd in the last 3 years bodes well for his chances. A former winner ofcourse does help and I think his price is just bonkers. My only worry with Spieth is his tee shots. I've heard they have lenghened the course abit, and that's probably his weak point.

of the outsiders you could name so many in the right form coming into this. Kuchar was one man I was going to back, but perhaps just too much golf recently and despite coming in the top 5 2 years out of the last 5, I do wonder if when it comes to it, he can win this. Rose, Molinari, Oosthuizen... all of them have the form this week but for me, each-way players who I don't see winning it.

My first outsider pick is Casey. He has all the right stats and has a top 15 4 years in a row. Which includes 2 6ths and a 4th .Mastuyama is my 2nd outsider tip. He has all the right trends coming into this and his form at Augusta is very impressive. Top 20 4 years running.

Finally, I'm going to give Fleetwood a chance. I couldn't decide between Fleetwood and Molinari for this final tip and Fleetwood is the pick. He has been in fantastic form and got a 17th last year. If he can keep it together in the latter stages he can be there or there abouts

3pts E/W R.Fowler to win the Masters 16/1 Paddypower (paying 10 places)
3pts E/W J.Spieth to win the Masters 20/1 ladbrokes (paying 7 places)
2pts E/W P.Casey to win The Masters 28/1 ladbrokes (paying 7 places)
1.5pts E/W H.Matsuyama to win The Masters 33/1 ladbrokes (paying 7 places)
1.5pts E/W T.Fleetwood to win The Masters 30/1 ladbrokes (paying 7 places)

Edited by Fader
edited 10/04/19 for bookie change

Also going to add a 1st round leader of Charlie Hoffman. 2 years ago Hoffman was 1st round leader here. Last year he was 4th 1st round leader, shooting a 69. Paddy offer 8 places each-way for this market so will take that. Will also take Kuchar in this. Another who started well last year.

2pts E/W C.Hoffman to be 1st round leader 33/1 paddypower (paying 8 places)
1pt E/W M.Kuchar to be 1st round leader 40/1 paddypower(paying 6 places)

Edited by Fader
edited 10/04/19 for bookie change

Ricky Fowler 16/1 PP EW (10 places)

Incredible value this year with bookies begging for your custom and going 10 places. Ive looked at loads of trends and read stacks of previews and one name keeps cropping up without fail. It seems its not original but yet Ricky Fowler is still a 16/1 shot??
I thinks its great value and worth a punt on the outright market, which I usually give a miss.

Will have a look at some outside markets tomorrow:ok

We have 5 hole in Ones in the last 3 years, all at the 16th

Hole In One 4/6 at William Hill

First Round Leader

D.Johnson EW 16/1 (first 8) betfair/PP
P.Casey EW 33/1 (first 8) betfair/PP

Winning Score : Going for a big one this year again (last year was 273, 2015 was 270)

275 or under 7/4 bet365

Top Amateur : V.Hovland is ranked 3rd in the world, well ahead of the other 5 players, won the US Amateur Championship.

V.Hovland 7/4 bet365

Multiple

Top English: P.Casey 4/1
Top Aussie: J.Day 9/5
Top Con Euro: F.Molinari 5/2
Top S.A: L Oosthuizen 10/11

1pt Yankee

:ok

I'm going to add this one. Conners, of course, won the Valero event not long ago and he has all the right stats, in my opinion, to do abit of danger tomorrow. By all means, he can't win it, but I'm going to take a punt on him being a 1st round leader. No pressure on the guy whatsoever he can get out there and give it his best and you never know.

1pt E/W C.Conners 1st round leader - 125/1 Ladbrokes (5 places)

Edited by Fader
spelling

I'm on Spieth outright at 29.00 on the exchanges. I agree with you @Fader his price is too big given his form around this track - horses for courses and all that. I'm also tailing your each-way bet on Fowler @BillyHills - I'm sure you've looked into who to back in much more detail than I have so if you like Fowler that's good enough for me. I'm also backing Tiger - cue @Sir Puntalot coming on to tell me what a bad bet it is - but at the 21.00 I got for him at Betfred I'm happy to have him onside, especially since he showed at last year's Open that he can still contend on the biggest stage.

21 minutes ago, Torque said:

I'm on Spieth outright at 29.00 on the exchanges. I agree with you @Fader his price is too big given his form around this track - horses for courses and all that. I'm also tailing your each-way bet on Fowler @BillyHills - I'm sure you've looked into who to back in much more detail than I have so if you like Fowler that's good enough for me. I'm also backing Tiger - cue @Sir Puntalot coming on to tell me what a bad bet it is - but at the 21.00 I got for him at Betfred I'm happy to have him onside, especially since he showed at last year's Open that he can still contend on the biggest stage.

Well. I don't believe Spieth is playing well enough to win is the problem. He knows the course well, and maybe has the most talent but the gears aren't exactly firing.  

As for fowler.. I've backed him to win, but I'm not feeling great about it for strange reasons that don't need mentioning. I've taken Charl Schwartzel @ 125/1. He's a former masters champion and scored third place in 2017

21 hours ago, BillyHills said:

Hole In One 4/6 at William Hill

Been doing a bit of study of the when and where of holes in one at the Masters and just realised in time it’s about to start!

Short version, huge bias towards holes in one coming in the final round and at the 16th hole. I think 4/6 for any hole in one is fair at worst but I’ve favoured the following:

8/5 in the final round with 888, 5/4 at the 16th hole with Hills or Sky bet and 12/1 for 3 or more Hills or Sky bet.

They do seem to come in clusters but the 13/8 for 2 or more seems a bit short while the 12/1 for a “hat trick” looks worth a small bet.

On 4/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, harry_rag said:

I think 4/6 for any hole in one is fair at worst but I’ve favoured the following: 8/5 in the final round with 888, 5/4 at the 16th hole with Hills or Sky bet and 12/1 for 3 or more Hills or Sky bet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/golf/47927824

:cheers I suppose hoping for another 2 is a bit greedy but happy enough with that.

Cheers @BillyHills for "flagging" the market as I doubt I'd have looked at it otherwise.

On 4/9/2019 at 6:02 PM, BillyHills said:

Ricky Fowler 16/1 PP EW (10 places) = Finished Tied/DH 9th:ok

On 4/10/2019 at 2:58 PM, BillyHills said:

Hole In One 4/6 at William Hill = WON:ok

First Round Leader

D.Johnson EW 16/1 (first 8) betfair/PP = Finished 3rd:ok
P.Casey EW 33/1 (first 8) betfair/PP= Lost:\

Winning Score : Going for a big one this year again (last year was 273, 2015 was 270)

275 or under 7/4 bet365 = WON:ok

Top Amateur : V.Hovland is ranked 3rd in the world, well ahead of the other 5 players, won the US Amateur Championship.

V.Hovland 7/4 bet365 = WON:ok

Top English: P.Casey 4/1 = Lost:\
Top Aussie: J.Day 9/5 = WON:ok
Top Con Euro: F.Molinari 5/2 = WON:ok
Top S.A: L Oosthuizen 10/11 = Lost:\

1pt Yankee

So happy that Tiger won, I for one lost a bit of interest in Golf when he went missing. Last nights viewing was amazing. Hopefully he can stay injury free for a couple of years:clap

8 hours ago, BillyHills said:

So happy that Tiger won

So was I :). I have to admit I didn't think he'd pull it off though. Molinari was looking so solid early on. Between Woods and Fowler (thanks again for tipping him @Fader @BillyHills - don't think I'd have backed him otherwise) it was a good tourney for me.

On 4/16/2019 at 1:34 AM, bookiebasher said:

Im not gonna lie but i shed a few tears when Tiger won last night...One of the greatest sporting come backs ever..Oh, i backed him at 7/2 on the final day for a oner but the tears of joy were for the great mans comeback and not my winnings....lol.

i agree. another spot on his achievement shelf. was a triumphant come back really. missed him for some time too. just didn't cry myself, but it was a hair raising moment when he won i must say.