** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

IPL - Indian Premier League 2019

Fader

Tomorrow at 3.30pm the reigning champions Chennai Super Kings take on the Mumbai Indians. This was a very close match last year as the CSK'ss won with a one-wicket win. This year the Super Kings are flying with 3 wins from 3 whilst the Mumbai Indians have got just 1 win. However, the Mumbai Indians do have a good record against the Kings. Nevertheless, I'm going to go with the Super Kings to win this one.

I'll also take Super Kings to have the most 6s. They had the most 6s in this match last year. They have had the most 6s in each of their 3 matches this season and the Mumbai Indians have not had the most 6s in any of their 3 matches, so I find that abit odd.

5.5pts Chennai Super Kings to beat Mumbai Indians 10/11 Ladbrokes
4pts Chennai Super Kings (Most Sixes) 5/4 Paddypower

CSK certainly is performing better and having a great comeback after there 2 years ban. Agree with @Fader here about CSK beating MI. Being an MI fan myself I won't be too sad if I lost :)

I'd also have an additional bet of Total runs in match Under 353.5 @1.83 Bet365 Both teams have a very good bowling attack and this look like a value bet to me.

Good call on the unders there, Ocer. Bit of a weird game that one. I think that catch made a big difference but ultimately MI took game with the end of their innings. Too many runs given away.

Today we have Delhi Capitals against Hyderabad Sunrisers. I'm going for Hyderabad today. i think Warner and Bairstow are two of the most in-form batsman in this IPL. When these two met last year at Delhi, Hyderabad won with much to spare and with 2 wins already at home also this season, I fancy them to get their first away win.

I'm also taking them on the sixes market. The power they have in the top order should see them through on this. Delhi have hit 8 sixes in the two matches they have played at home. Hyderabad hit 6 alone in their last away match but overall this season they have hit an average over 10.

5pts Hyderabad Sunrisers to beat Delhi Capitals 4/5 william hill
3pts Hyderabad Sunrisers (Most Sixes) Evens betvictor
2pts R.Pant to be Delhi top batsman 4/1 skybet

Yeah, agree with that. On Skybet I'm pretty sure they offer a treble. So for example Hyderabad to win, highest 1st 6 over and most sixes is normally a good price. Also, they are offering 8/11 on Warner or Bairstow being top batsman for Sunrisers. Normally I wouldn't ever bet on something like this but for this match that seems very likely. It's happened on all 3 of Sunrisers matches this season.

Edited by Fader
spelling*

RCB VS KKR

Indeed a difficult one to call. Personally, I think this will be a high scoring match. Both teams have better batsman than bowlers. Speaking of bowlers, spin bowlers are performing much better than seam ones, part of the reason being they don't bowl much during powerplay and during the en, and they tend to take more wickets.

2pts Top RCB wicket taker Y.Chahal @3.5 Betfair

2pts Top KKR wicket taker K.Yadav @3.25 Betfair

With the form Andre Russell is in, I this it is worth having a small stake on him. 

0.5pt Man of the Match Andre Russell @9.0 Bet365

I am also looking at total runs in match Over 355.5 but the odds are not great around 3.0 should be a good value for it.

6 hours ago, Ocerradus said:

RCB VS KKR

Indeed a difficult one to call. Personally, I think this will be a high scoring match. Both teams have better batsman than bowlers. Speaking of bowlers, spin bowlers are performing much better than seam ones, part of the reason being they don't bowl much during powerplay and during the en, and they tend to take more wickets.

2pts Top RCB wicket taker Y.Chahal @3.5 Betfair

2pts Top KKR wicket taker K.Yadav @3.25 Betfair

With the form Andre Russell is in, I this it is worth having a small stake on him. 

0.5pt Man of the Match Andre Russell @9.0 Bet365

I am also looking at total runs in match Over 355.5 but the odds are not great around 3.0 should be a good value for it.

What a thriller. Andre Russell you beauty:nana

Kings Punjab Vs Sunrisers Hyderabad today. Kings 2 wins from 2 at home this season. Won this match-up last season at home and lost away. You would have to say there are some vulnerabilities if Gayle goes though. I will be taking Hyderabad today. They just look abit more solid in the middle order and i think if things go bad at the top order, they are the team to keep building.

I'll take Rahul to be top batsman for Kings also. He hit a nice 71 here at home and the 11/4 looks a good price. Also taking a punt on MOTM with Warner and Bairstow. These two look formiddable right now and Warner loves it here.

5.5pts Hyderabad to beat Kings 8/11 bet365
2pts Rahul top kings batsman 11/4 bet365
1.5pts Warner MOTM 7/1 bet365
1pt J.Bairstow MOTM 9/1 bet365

well we got unlucky with the winner but atleast between us we got both top batsman...

Today's game - Chennai take on Kolkata. Battle of the form dogs as Chennai have won all 3 of their home games this season whilst Kolkata have won 2 of the 3 away matches they have played including a unlucky 1-over loss in the third.

Russell has the star factor down the line for Kolkata and although they wont want it to be needed he is a big scorer for them to finish off an innings. They have scored pretty well, Kolkata. 185,140 and a 206in their 3 away matches. i would expect to see runs here. I'm going to side with the top batsman for both and leave the outright market today.

2pts Du Plessis top batsman for Kings 7/2 bet365
2pts A.Russell top batsman for Kolkata 6/1 ladbrokes
1pt Dhoni MOTM 16/1 betway

Going to be a close match, here.

CSK VS KKR

CSK have won the toss and I would expect CSK to win here as dew might be a factor here and this ground is not known for big scores especially this season, the pitch is not that great. However, I'll stay away from the win market

I would go with

Harbhajan to be top wicket taker 2 PTS @4.5 Betfair.

There seems to be too much focus on Russell and it seems like Dhoni has a plan for him. The one person that can get Russell out is I. Tahir and seeing he is also in good form I think its worth having a bet on him.

Imran Tahir to be top wicket taker 2 PTS @3.75 Betfair.

KKR most likely going to open with Narine and Lynn, the only purpose of sending Narine in is to get more runs quickly in powerplay and I expect him to do the job even if he stays on for a couple of overs. So, I would go with 

Team to make highest 1st 6 Overs Score: 3PTS  KKR @ 1.90 Bet365

Good luck all!!

18 hours ago, Ocerradus said:

Going to be a close match, here.

CSK VS KKR

CSK have won the toss and I would expect CSK to win here as dew might be a factor here and this ground is not known for big scores especially this season, the pitch is not that great. However, I'll stay away from the win market

I would go with

Harbhajan to be top wicket taker 2 PTS @4.5 Betfair.

There seems to be too much focus on Russell and it seems like Dhoni has a plan for him. The one person that can get Russell out is I. Tahir and seeing he is also in good form I think its worth having a bet on him.

Imran Tahir to be top wicket taker 2 PTS @3.75 Betfair.

KKR most likely going to open with Narine and Lynn, the only purpose of sending Narine in is to get more runs quickly in powerplay and I expect him to do the job even if he stays on for a couple of overs. So, I would go with 

Team to make highest 1st 6 Overs Score: 3PTS  KKR @ 1.90 Bet365

Good luck all!!

Well that wen south

Nice, that's 4 batsman bets in a row for this thread.

Mumbai Indians Vs Kings.

Mumbai Indians 1 win and 1 loss at home this season. Kings 1 win and 2 losses away from home. Kings look like abit of value today. They won this fixture at home and although Mumbai won this fixture at the Wankhede, it was only by a few runs. I like the chances of Rahul as top batsman again and also going to take a little outside chance on Pollard as top batsman for Mumbai.

4pts Kings to beat Mumbai Indians 5/4 betvictor
2.5pts L.Rahul (Top Kings batsman) 12/5 bet365
1pt K.Pollard (Top MI batsman) 8/1 bet365

Nice one Fader.

I am going to side with MI here. I think they can beat Kings. 

5Pts on MI to win

Agree with top batsman bets, ill take Rahul for Kings batsman

For MI I think Quinton De Kock to be top batsman

For top wickets ill go with:

Jasprit Bumrah (Mumbai Indians), Murugan Ashwin (Kings XI Punjab)

Wow, what a finish to the match. Never would have expected a chase down close to 200. I can't complain though with it being Pollard. 6 from 6 in the batsman markets. Today's match is Raja Royals against Chen Kings. I think Kings win here but the 4/6 price doesn't really appeal too much, so I will just stick with the batsman bets and try to get lucky.

I'm going to stick with Du Plessis for Chennai. He looks the man in the form and came through last time with a 43. I'm also going to take an outside punt on Jadhav though. He is a big price and if he gets pushed abit further up he will do damage. He is a great player.

For Raja, I will take Buttler. If it wasn't for the silly mankad situatuion he would have won Raja that match and he has had scores of 69, 59 & 37 recently. Pretty solid

3pts Du Plessis to be top Chen batsman 10/3 bet365
2pts Jadhav to be top Chen batsman 15/2 paddypower
4pts Buttler to be top Raja batsman 5/2 bet365

Yeah, not the greatest of quality. Buttler went too hard, too soon for the batsman bet. Annoyingly I couldn't decide between Dhoni and Jadhav and chose the wrong option but hey ho, looking to today Kolkata look to continue their 100% record at home. They face a Delhi Capitals team who have 2 wins from 3 away from home.

Ofcourse Delhi beat Kolkata in the super over in this reverse fixture a couple of weeks ago after a tied match. Once again, the odds on the outcome do not appeal. i fancy Kolkata to extend their good home form and there is no price atall so again on to the individual bets.

At home this year Rana and Russell have been outstanding for Kolkata. Interestingly, Russell had the most wickets here too, in both matches. So, I will take a little punt on the bowling section for him. Let's face it, if Russell does well, because of his position and power he will probably be Man of the match, so instead of taking him to be top batsman, i'll take the MOTM, but I would'nt put anybody off of the 5/1 on him being top batsman. Bowling for Delhi, you would have to expect Rabada who had 8 wickets in 3 matches.

For Delhi, I am going to side with a big price on Ingram who has been solid. a 38, 47 and 22 shows he can settle and score and 5s is a good price in my eyes.

2pts Rana top Kolkata Batsman 6/1 bet365
2pts A.Russell top Kolkata Bowler 4/1 paddypower
2pts C.Ingram top Delhi batsman 5/1 boylesports
1.5pts A.Russell MOTM 7/1 paddypower

Felt like it was fixed, though this happens quite often with two teams (CSK and MI) in particular i.e. it looks like they are going to lose and they tend to win because the other team does something stupid in the end. In this season KKR too, but that is mostly due to Russell. 

Speaking of which, today's game: KKR vs DC

Eden gardens: there have been two games here and both were high scoring games with teams scoring 181, 183, 218 and 190, and this one seems to be nothing different. 

Going to pick: 

3PTS Total Runs in Match: Over 340.5 @ 2.10 Bet365

KKR certainly and most likely the favourites, but at this odds (1.68) it's not worth backing them, I would wait till it goes in play. 

For Top runscorer KKR, Nitish Rana looks like a fit to me, he has been playing well and I think this can be a match he gets a high score: 

2 PTS Top Team A Runscorer Nitish Rana @5.0  Betfair

For Delhi, it's none other than R.Pant

3 PTS Top Team B Runscorer R. Pant @3.75 Betfair

Good Luck today!!

Mumbai Indians Vs Raja Royals

I think Buttler is most likely top batsman for Raja, but he looked to intent on attack, attack, attack. I know that's his game, but he really needs to know when to go for the big sixes atleast. I think Samson is abit of value outside of the top 2. On the other side Yadav looks to be the pick for Mumbai. .

2pts Yadav top Mumbai batsman 4/1 bet365
2pts S.Samson top Raja batsman 4/1 paddypower

hello,

my thoughts;

- sixes/4s should have a lot of value, some bookies have problems getting them right (sportsbet for example). Earlier on we had bets almost hitting the numbers in just the first innings.

- top batsmen has some value, teams might appear stacked with stars but if you pick 2 out of the top order / middle+ order (dre..) consistent ones you can hit it fairly often..

obv picking 2 lowers potential earnings..

head 2 head ive dropped that market, even during live games. retarded.

- over/under runs you can pick some with in plays