** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > March 30th

Darran

Bit of a disappointing mid-week as only Salford managed to win. Fairly quiet for me again this weekend with just the 3 bets.

Barrow v Boreham Wood

I had this game in mind for a bet on the home team when I was looking at Tuesday night's matches as I thought the home side at odds against looked a good bet and although Boreham Wood managed to get a point against Solihull I still think the home side are a bet. They lost to Aldershot last weekend and they have only won once in their last 10 games. The home side are in good form having only lost twice in their last 10 games and one of those was against Leyton Orient. They did blow a 2 goal lead against Harrogate last week, but this is easier on paper and I wonder if Tuesday night might just leave its mark on Wood especially with this long journey to make.

Hyde v Stafford

A couple in the Northern Premier League for me this weekend and I like Stafford here. Granted they are only 18th in the league, but they have only lost 1 game in their last ten. Granted they have drawn 6 in that time, but I think they are value to pick up 3 points here given Hyde have lost 4 out of their last 5 and the win was against Workington who are bottom.

Scarborough v Lancaster

Lancaster are only 3 points ahead of Stafford, but like them they have only lost once in their last 10 as they are proving hard to beat. They have drawn just one fewer, but again they are playing an out of form side who sacked their manager last week. They have lost 4 of their last 5 and the away side are worth backing at big odds.

Barrow 3pts @ 21/20 with Betway

Stafford 1pt @ 3/1 with BetVictor

Lancaster 1pt @ 15/4 with BetVictor

There are definitely some games I'm liking the look of that are below evens and can build some small stakes accas with.

Margate at 1.85

Brackley at 1.85

Coalville at 1.7

Swindon Supermarine at 1.75

Chesterfield at 1.83

Boston at 1.83

All with Bill Hill. I like betting on the favourite when the weather is favourable and up and down the country it seems like a decent day

Interesting comment. Yeah not been overly consistent this season sadly but sometimes it goes like that. Last two seasons have been very strong but this season has been tougher for sure. Strange because on the Hunter Chase front it’s been winner after winner but I have always said that making a profit on football is much harder than doing it on horse racing

13 hours ago, wolvesfan said:

Darran has really lost it these days. Better off saving time with the research and just spit on the fixtures list and any team covered in saliva is that weeks bet

Darran's really lost it huh? I flat-stake his selections and distill them into shorter odds asian handicap plays. Even after this terrible run in March I'm still getting over a 5% ROI from big sample size (261 bets so far this season).

If you do variable staking (as Darran does) it means the variance will increase, winning and loosing runs will create bigger swings in your results. Darran can handle the variance swings because he's an experienced sports bettor with correct mentality.

1735715465_tlchargement.jpg.7f9687422ff4283caf4c6dad9990ea32.jpg

If you're going to follow his selections (or do any consistent form of betting yourself) then you should probably refine your understanding and expectations of sports betting. You need to take a long term view and not be overly-invested in short-term results.

Admittedly, spewing out the first thing that comes into your head on the internet can be difficult to avoid but I would try and refrain from it in future, it's counterproductive. Darran consistently posts beneficial information and people should have the presence of mind to be grateful for this.

On that note, got paid out on Braintree bottom 4 finish today, thanks @Darran

14 hours ago, wolvesfan said:

Darran has really lost it these days. Better off saving time with the research and just spit on the fixtures list and any team covered in saliva is that weeks bet

I find your comments are way off the mark. Darren would be the first to agree that results during March has seen the profit column take a hit. At end of Feb the recommendations sat at +64.79 points profit. Others may have slightly different profits as the prices shorten quite quickly once the message has been posted on the forum.

March has been difficult and the seasons overall profit on the prices that I have been able to get on at sits at +49.38 points.

That in itself is an excellant achievement when betting football and if expectiung anymore then I suggest you need to look elsewhere for your fix.

The naps (biggest points bet of the day) has under performed this season compared to recent seasons, yet it's still showing a profit of +9.6 points.

Once again Darren has produced the goods. And his anti-post recommendations should add a few more £'s to the profit total.

56 minutes ago, Ratty said:

I find your comments are way off the mark. Darren would be the first to agree that results during March has seen the profit column take a hit. At end of Feb the recommendations sat at +64.79 points profit. Others may have slightly different profits as the prices shorten quite quickly once the message has been posted on the forum.

March has been difficult and the seasons overall profit on the prices that I have been able to get on at sits at +49.38 points.

That in itself is an excellant achievement when betting football and if expectiung anymore then I suggest you need to look elsewhere for your fix.

The naps (biggest points bet of the day) has under performed this season compared to recent seasons, yet it's still showing a profit of +9.6 points.

Once again Darren has produced the goods. And his anti-post recommendations should add a few more £'s to the profit total.

That is a lovely post to read just before I head off to bed. I'm amazed the Naps are in profit as like you say I have had some real shockers on that front this season. Hopefully I won't lose the rest of the 50 points in April! It is all about long term profit and if people can't handle a bad month then they shouldn't be punting in the first place.

Also like you say the ante-post stuff will almost certainly be profitable. Braintree to go down has already been confirmed and Dorking and Kettering will win their leagues very soon. Weymouth and South Shields will hopefully add to that and Taunton might pip Weymouth anyway which I have covered.

On 3/31/2019 at 12:22 PM, Mindfulness said:

Admittedly, spewing out the first thing that comes into your head on the internet can be difficult to avoid but I would try and refrain from it in future, it's counterproductive. 

Erm, There's a case of Pot, Kettle, Black here me thinks:loon