** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Virtual Racing System

Re: Virtual Racing System I am amazed at how many mugs there are on PL. Any pattern in results is coincidence. Never watched a virtual race. BH is right. Anyone tell me what over-round bookmakers work to? Nobody knows who is going to win, it's random. However: It's programmed that all Even money chances have around 48% chance of winning (a bit below the 50% strike rate needed to break even at level stakes). Around 23% of 3/1 shots (a bit beow 25%). 4% of all 20/1 shots (a bit below the 5% strike rate needed to break even with level stakes). And so on. A punter has no chance of winning in the long run with virtual racing. Please don't waste your money.:ok

• 2 years later...

Re: Virtual Racing System I know no one hasn't posted in a while but if I could put my 2p in LOL I admit I do bet on the virtual dog and horse racing. I have been lucky and I have been unlucky. I often wondered how it worked and decided to google it and it lead me here. I have gotten some good tips and will use them this weekend. I'm not saying that I expect the tips to work but here's hoping. I do want to say something regards betting stakes. I think it's up to the punter how much they want to bet and I'm sure the bookies wouldn't exactly turn down money. I know from recent experience what it's like to loose I don't bet an awful lot myself about 2 Euro a bet but they can count up quite rapidly Even worse if you're chasing your losses. I like betting on horses and dogs but I find loosing the hardest thing. When I do have good days I still loose but I just move onto the next race.

I confess to winning a few quid on the virtual racing. Back when I had SIS (or at least the version my employer had) on my desk I took note that loads of winners were at 8/1 and 9/1 so one day went through the card with the chap who sat next to me and just permed loads of EW doubles at Steepledowns for 10p stakes. Paid for quite a few beers that night and neither of us have touched it since.