** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Virtual Racing System

Basically I discussed with a pal what method is used to pick a winner and we came up with a random method. Basically we imagine there is a pie chart put down and the lower the odds of the horse the larger the section of pie. After this is drawn out there is a random 'ball' or choice made. With this being the case I believe that the higher priced horses have a good chance of winning or being placed. Therefore today I've backed three or two of the highest priced horses in each race. I've staked quite a bit so hopefully a few high priced winners and a lot of places. First days stakes 114pts :ok

Re: Virtual Racing System There is no real system for this as it is random selection, so the best technique is probably the way youre going about it.

Basically we imagine there is a pie chart put down and the lower the odds of the horse the larger the section of pie. After this is drawn out there is a random 'ball' or choice made.
At last, someone who understands how it works,

Re: Virtual Racing System Ah, the old Virtual Racing. I am a fan, I must admit... having worked in a bookies for a good while now I have grown to love Portman Park and Sprint Valley. Laugh if you like, but here is a 'tip' from a regular who comes in. He is actually the virtual 'owner' of 'El Greco', it runs pretty often at Portman Park and is usually favourite or 2nd favourite. He claims that he paid £40 to buy the horse when virtual racing was revamped a wee while back. Last year he made £1800 in prize mkney from 'El Greco' being placed. Now, according to him there is a higher than average number of winners where the jockey wears a yellow cap. I obviously don't have the figures to back this up, and it may be a pile of shite... but since he has said that I have noticed a good number of winners wearing yellow caps... Have a look for yourselves... Good luck with your system too mate, sounds like you are on to a winner.

Re: Virtual Racing System 50p up on the day!! Pretty risky business but happy with 50p that I didn't have at the start of the day. 50p e/w on every 25/1 and upward cost £114 in all. Got that back plus 50p. Did it a while ago and in a week I ended up around evens. Good fun though. Could get really lucky

Re: Virtual Racing System honest truth this but a few of us at my local we do the horses as there is a coral right next door to the pub. Theres a lad in there who is the luckyest bastard in the world ever. He does the 'real' meetings with decent success but as he picks his winnings up he will do a cartoon race which 9/10 times he wins:loon like you say some big priced winners also. he will do £10 e/w on 7-8/1 and the fooker will come in. not for me personally .

Re: Virtual Racing System I may have been a little lucky, here are the results for the rest of the day.

meeting: STEEPLEDOWNSdate: 27/07/2005 time: 11:00
name: 11:00 HANDICAP CHASE
position:name:s/p
1 (3) Nash (Clive Allard) 12/1
2 (14) Timsbury (Dean Higgs) 11/2
3 (4) Bluff (Finn Robinson) 16/1
4 (6) West Cotts (Simon Adler) 4/1
e/w places:4 places (1 / 4)
forecasts:Nash - Timsbury - dividend: 78.51
tricasts:Nash - Timsbury - Bluff - dividend: 1,106.17
unnamed fav:placed - price: 4/1
unnamed 2nd fav:unplaced
non-runners:none
meeting: STEEPLEDOWNSdate: 27/07/2005 time: 11:18
name: 11:18 HANDICAP CHASE
1 (9) Barlborough (Jamie Lloyd) 20/1
2 (12) Windy Ridge (Clive Allard) 12/1
3 (6) Eagle Wharf (Simon Adler) 10/1
4 (13) Windrush Star (Chris Birks) 25/1
e/w places:4 places (1 / 4)
forecasts:Barlborough - Windy Ridge - dividend: 231.74
tricasts:Barlborough - Windy Ridge - Eagle Wharf - dividend: 2,574.99
unnamed fav:unplaced
meeting: STEEPLEDOWNSdate: 27/07/2005 time: 13:14
name: 1:14 HANDICAP CHASE
1 (12) Chewiston (Pat Andon) 7/1
2 (1) Raddington (Mat Spicey) 9/2
3 (3) Malam (Dean Higgs) 14/1
e/w places:3 places (1 / 4)
forecasts:Chewiston - Raddington - dividend: 39.86
tricasts:Chewiston - Raddington - Malam - dividend: 443.97
unnamed fav:placed - price: 9/2
meeting: STEEPLEDOWNSdate: 27/07/2005 time: 13:37
name: 1:37 HANDICAP CHASE
1 (10) Friars Song (Dean Higgs) 5/2
2 (8) Pevensey Levels (Tony Bushel) 6/1
3 (4) Tinford (Alan Gadbury) 7/2
e/w places:3 places (1 / 5)
forecasts:Friars Song - Pevensey Levels - dividend: 16.65
tricasts:Friars Song - Pevensey Levels - Tinford - dividend: 50.69
unnamed fav:winner - price: 5/2
meeting: STEEPLEDOWNSdate: 27/07/2005 time: 15:50
name: 3:50 HANDICAP CHASE
1 (7) Palliser (Duncan Laker) 3/1
2 (4) Thalia (Chris Birks) 9/1
3 (1) Peter Boat (Robert Gardin) 3/1
e/w places:3 places (1 / 5)
forecasts:Palliser - Thalia - dividend: 29.72
tricasts:Palliser - Thalia - Peter Boat - dividend: 87.57
unnamed fav:winner - price: 3/1
unnamed 2nd fav:winner - price: 3/1
meeting: STEEPLEDOWNSdate: 27/07/2005 time: 16:29
name: 4:29 HANDICAP CHASE
1 (5) Zinco (Cherry Philli) 5/2
2 (11) Wemyss (Alan Kearney) 7/2
3 (2) Palatine (Mat Spicey) 9/1
e/w places:3 places (1 / 4)
forecasts:Zinco - Wemyss - dividend: 11.73
tricasts:Zinco - Wemyss - Palatine - dividend: 69.22
unnamed fav:winner - price: 5/2
if we dutched them each way, would we do any better?

Re: Virtual Racing System True story, a guy runs into a bookmakers nearby to my work place in Manchester, shouting I've had a tip, I've had a tip.... frantically scribbles down a horse on a betting slip, sprints to the cashier and finally settles down to watch the race. Me and my mate are interested to find this horse, who's name I can't remember, and cannot find it anywhere on the newspaper cards. Not once did we consider his tip to be a virtual horse???!!! Anyway, fascinated, the race started and sure enough his horse won. He collected his money, walked past us all and said "told ya" and off he went. The rest of us were totally silent, in utter shock.

Re: Virtual Racing System The one on Chester road outside Old Trafford. Very very small compared to the ones in town mate! Not to mention the miserable manageress.

• 1 year later...

Re: Virtual Racing System Hi There, I have been doing the virtual racing for the past few years and have won more money on them than with the real horses. Before they changed the graphics on Portman Park and Steepledowns i developed my own system for picking winners. Id simply watch or bet small on the first few races and make note of the winners, the colours they were wearing, the odds, and the number of the horse. I noticed that the winners were all wearing single colours like all white or pink or that their shirt was all one colour with a different colour hat like the yellow with the red cap. The pink with green sleeves was also a winner. I witnessed a favouirte winning and so said to myself the next winner will be longer odds. I put 2.50 ew on a 16/1 and it won. The next race i said ok the odds will come in a bit and i had an 8/1 winner with 5 ew. The next winner was 2nd favourite which i didnt have but had the next winner at 25/1 with 2.50 e/w (i had put 2.50 ew on both 25/1s in the race) and then i put 50 on the next race that the fav would win wearing all pink 9/4, went home checked up on the net that the horse had won and collected the next day. I had won over 300 (not a bad days work for a student). I still use the same method, just yesterday i went down for 5mins. Checked the former winners on portman park and put a 5 on a 12/1 and it came in. I walked out 60 richer. The jockeys that wear stripes or have crosses or designs on their shirts win on the same day. Jockeys wearing single colours, or different colour hats, or just hav different colour sleeves win on the same day (different for Potman and Steepledowns, have a look to see what colours are winning at each course). There are some days where the colours are thrown out the window but i have not seen it too often. I havent bet much in the past year so i dunno if this still works but it did me good yesterday. Maybe you could mix and match the different methods people are trying.

• 1 year later...

Re: Virtual Racing System How do the people that write the virtual racing programme decide who wins and once they have decided, do they know the winner before the off or is it decided during the race like a 'proper' horse race? I've never bet virtual before, is there somewhere where you can get proper form and do they have official ratings and stuff like in real life? Wudn't it be quality if the races were actually being played out by a set of guys with a networked PS3 on a game similar to Frankie Dettori racing!! What a job that would be playing it all day.

• 1 year later...

Re: Virtual Racing System

How come for today bet365 dont have portman park up' date=' but for example paddy power do, however they wont price each race up until just before it begins. Is there anywhere i can get the prices for all virtual racing first thing in the morning.[/quote'] Wrong forum mate, try The Sun or something;) Fin, its just a random number generator fed into the system, just like the Roulette machines etc...You could play the same race a hundred times and you might not get the same result twice in a row! Think of it like a lottery draw, the 6/4 chance has more balls in the pot than the 5/1 chance hence more likely to be drawn out but not bound to!

Re: Virtual Racing System I have to admit i have played these Virtual races a few times and find them funny to watch and get a laugh sometimes out of the commentator who sounds a great enthusiast when he is shouting home the jockey and winner. It as BH says. it is like playing a lottery, but i have watched a few times and noticed if No 9 is priced at 9/1 they usually are placed in the first three. Also when Number 10 goes to a half odd price (9/2, 13/2 etc) they are also in the first three at the end. But i would not recommend a career on this :ok

Thunder Alley (F1 cars) in William Hill takes the biscuit. "Stevie Cottam charging down the back straight" vroooooooooooom :lol
:lol:lol The thing that annoys me about virtual racing is you are watching a normal race ie Cheltenham and then it finishes close but instead os showing the reply they go straight to Brushwood. :wall

• 10 months later...

Re: Virtual Racing System Virtual racing as u describe is much closer to roulette than real life horse racing. Not for me :\. What can be real fun is strategy games like Newturf.com or raceclubs where you manage your own stable of virtual horses, for real stakes :ok. You train your horses, breed them, race them. This is like Second Life but this time the virtual world is in fact a racetrack! You have the same for greyhound racing: virtualgreyhoundracing.co.uk , dogracer.com and gon2dogs

Virtual racing as u describe is much closer to roulette than real life horse racing. Not for me :\. What can be real fun is strategy games like Newturf.com or raceclubs where you manage your own stable of virtual horses' date=' for real stakes :ok. You train your horses, breed them, race them. This is like Second Life but this time the virtual world is in fact a racetrack! You have the same for greyhound racing: virtualgreyhoundracing.co.uk , dogracer.com and gon2dogs[/quote'] They sound interesting, how much are they to play?