** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2019 Bahrain Grand Prix

Bahrain GP (UK Time 4.10pm Sunday)

• Vettel has won here 4 times in last 7 years including last twice for Ferrari
  • 8 of the last 12 races have been won from the front row (4 on pole)
  • 9 of the last 12 races have been Safety Car free (last year Virtual SC)
  • Average retirements in last 12 years is 3.58 per race

Stats
Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 13.17.31.png

:ok

Early prices at bet365

Outright are going first 3 for EW purposes at the minute, Vettel would be a solid option for a podium spot (actually 4/11) so backing him EW would not be the worst bet here at 3/1.

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 13.26.19.png

With the average retirements less than 4 in the last 12 years the 'Overs' look the value this week at 5/6.

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 13.26.48.png

:ok

So Leclerc delivers the goods in race 2 qualy, I thought he was going to give Seb a run for his money but thought he may take him half a dozen GP's to do so.

He's the 11/10 favourite which is bit of added pressure and would still prefer my bet on Vettel to be honest. Seb is 2/1 now so we beat the odds and unless he has a mechanical problem the EW money should be safe.
I quite liked the way Hamilton reacted to being 3rd and I think he will push the Ferrari's hard and wouldnyt put anyone off backing him at 7/2.

McLaren are back on song and Carlos Sainz should be able to finish in the top 10 as long as the engine holds out, he's 8/11 in places and much shorter in others.

Safety Car is 11/10 for a no show which should be the value according to the figures, on the stats it should be 4/6 ish in my opinion.

Qualy highlights from skysports

• Ferrari secured their first front-row lockout since Monza last year and Leclerc becomes F1's second-youngest pole-sitter, behind Vettel - who broke record with Toro Rosso in 2008
  • Leclerc set a Bahrain track record in his Ferrari but Vettel only had one lap in Q3 and was fortunate to finish just ahead of Hamilton
  • McLaren got both cars into Q3 for the first time since the 2017 Malaysia GP
  • Romain Grosjean finished eighth but was subsequently demoted three places for blocking Lando Norris in Q1
  • Gasly was knocked out in Q2 as he complained about traction. The Frenchman, Red Bull's new recruit, was eliminated in Q1 in the season-opener in Australia
  • Nico Hulkenberg, who was looking like a top-six contender, was knocked out in Q1 for Renault as Daniel Ricciardo out-qualified his new team-mate for the first time

Bets:

Vettel Outright EW 3/1 bet365
Over 15.5 Finishers 5/6 bet365
Sainz Points Finish 8/11 Hills
No Safety Car 11/10 Betway