** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > March 26th-27th March

Darran

I am writing this from Wellington airport waiting for a delayed plane and have used the time to catch up with the weekend's action and look ahead to tonight's matches where I have 3 bets and there are 2 bets for Wednesday's games.

Halifax v Ebbsfleet

I have put up Halifax a couple of times and they failed to win only for the to then beat Solihull at a big price at the weekend. I had also put them up for this fixture when it was called off the other week and I think they are worth backing again to win it. The loss to Dover remains their only defeat in their last 8 games and they were superb on Saturday in that win over Solihull. Ebbsfleet have won 3 on the bounce, but the form isn't overly strong. They had a really comfortable time of things at Maidstone on Saturday and prior to that it was wins over badly out of form Boreham Wood and Maidenhead. Gary Hill spoke again about his small squad after Saturday's win and how it is being tested and I just wonder if a Tuesday night trip to Halifax is where they come unstuck again especially as Halifax are in such good form. I would make the home side favourites so a near 2/1 quote is worth taking.

Harrogate v Salford

This game is live on BT Sport on Wednesday night and it is a shame my BT Sport app doesn't work in Australia because I wouldn't mind being able to watch this game especially as I think the away side are worth a bet. Salford are surprisingly big at 11/5 to win this. I still don't think they will win the title, but it was impressive to see they have bounced back from their sticky patch and crucially they have stopped leaking goals which had become an issue. It is now 5 clean sheets on the bounce and they had won 4 games on the bounce prior to a 0-0 draw against a resolute Barnet on Saturday. Harrogate lost to Barnet last Tuesday and then were very lucky to get a point out of their game at Barrow on Saturday. With Salford's defence not letting anything through at the moment there is every chance 1 might be enough here and it is a rare time this season for me where Salford have been overpriced and worth backing.

Bradford Park Avenue v AFC Telford

BPA have really found their form again after a rocky patch. Off the field they don't want promotion and that was enough to take them out of the title hunt although the squad have bounced back and they look set for the play-offs again. They are 7 games unbeaten now although they did blow a 2 goal lead against Southport on Saturday, but this match is a great chance for them to bounce straight back. Telford played well in both legs of the FA Trophy, but in the end Leyton Orient's class just about saw them home. That effort will have taken a fair bit out of them though and I have mentioned before about their dreadful away form this season. On paper it has improved of late, but the wins were against weak teams and coming off the back of Saturday's disappointment they will have wished for an easier game than this.

Guiseley v Curzon Ashton

It is 13 games without a win for the home side and they might well be looking at a double relegation. They have only won 3 games at home all season and they all came a long time ago. They lost 1-0 on Saturday in what sounds like a dire game of football. It is hard to understand why Curzon are so big here because they are in decent nick coming into this. I think I put them up when this fixture was originally meant to take place and at the beginning of the month they won the reverse fixture 1-0. They have been strong away from home of late as well and although the fixture list has been fairly kind on that front they did manage to win at Chester and draw at BPA in the recent spell. They are better than the home side and at nearly 2/1 are a cracking price.

Darlington v Chester

Another game which I put up a bet for the other week when it got called off. Granted Darlington are hardly in the best of form and only beating Nuneaton 2-1 on Saturday wasn't great, but their home form is good. Granted they haven't won in 4, but they had a really tough run of fixtures so to pick up 2 points was hardly a disaster. I have mentioned about Chester's away form recently and it really is bad. They didn't play on Saturday so that will help, but there is enough in the home team's price to want to play and given this game is on Wednesday it gives Darlo more recovery time.

Halifax 1pt @ 97/50 with Marathon

Salford 1pt @ 11/5 with Bet365

BPA 1pt @ 123/100 with Marathon

Curzon Ashton 2pts @ 49/25 with Marathon

Darlington 1pt @ 31/20 with Marathon

Edited by Darran

Borehamwood vs Solihull Moors (2) -0.75 1.86 1u

Moors get back two key strikers Yussuf and Hylton who have 24 goals between them. BHW played a very bad game vs Aldershot, Moors should be too much for them, as they played two games more than Leyton Orient and can't afford to drop points against such oppositions.