Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
aphro

Reducing drawdown for the strategy

Recommended Posts

Hello, everyone!

I am trying to develop betting strategy on underdogs and faced one problem - there's a drawdown in amount of 20pt. It is sufficient for me, because it is a high market so losses would be great.

Can you give me an advice about bank management that can resolve such a problem.

Also one thing i've noticed - that there are consequential losses (for example 10 match in a row).

I cannot start betting with 10 000 USD for example and have planned to start with 100 USD per match and then increase.

chart.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is your problem with this - the max drawdown? You cant change that by your staking strategy.. Just stick to a plan and develop your staking with that knowledge about your max DD. Something like bank size = 3x max DD

 

The graph looks amazing by the way..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, liero1 said:

What is your problem with this - the max drawdown? You cant change that by your staking strategy.. Just stick to a plan and develop your staking with that knowledge about your max DD. Something like bank size = 3x max DD

 

The graph looks amazing by the way..

Yes but still if your flat stake is 1000$ for example - it is a little bit pity to lose 20k in a row.

I'm looking for the way to hedge the risk, but don't know how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 10:08 AM, aphro said:

Yes but still if your flat stake is 1000$ for example - it is a little bit pity to lose 20k in a row.

I'm looking for the way to hedge the risk, but don't know how.

As long as your ROI is positive, periodical hiccups should not be a worry even though it sucks.

If you have positive ROI, introducing hedging only make things worse unless you have indicators to dictate your hedging strategies but then that would add a factor of variation to risk your already positive ROI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 3:08 AM, aphro said:

Yes but still if your flat stake is 1000$ for example - it is a little bit pity to lose 20k in a row.

I'm looking for the way to hedge the risk, but don't know how.

1k stake.. you know what kind of bank size you would need to do this safely? ... well you never know you might be a millionaire looking for fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, liero1 said:

1k stake.. you know what kind of bank size you would need to do this safely? ... well you never know you might be a millionaire looking for fun

Well, i'm looking to the future, because this chart is based on 3 years data, so i planned to raise flat to get it higher and higher starting with 100$ for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, aphro said:

Well, i'm looking to the future, because this chart is based on 3 years data, so i planned to raise flat to get it higher and higher starting with 100$ for example. 

do you back on bookies? If so, they will restrict you quickly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.