** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Online form books

Hi @justmyluck1

I have used Raceform in the past and can highly recommend it although whether you think its value for money is a personal thing.

I think if you used all of the many features then yes, its pretty good value. If you take them up on the regular offer of 3 moths for the price of 2 then it works out at about £1 a day (well it did when i last used it)

For me it was pretty expensive as I only ended up using it to compile my own handicap ratings, I just didnt have time to use the other features.

I have no experience of Dataform or Proform although many experts do prefer Proform to the others, so i am led to believe (maybe they just get free subs for saying so????)

PS: one thing to note with Raceform; You have either the Flat version or the NH version, so if you want both you have to pay twice.

Thank you for your reply. I currently subscribe to the post site and was contemplating whether the added cost is worth it, can you also tell me if the ratings used in raceform are different to those displayed in the post as I have read that some say they are the same but then some say they completely different! 

The raceform ratings used to be different from RP but since they merged i'm not totally sure to be honest.
I never used to look at them as i only did my own ratings.

They are a really good company to speak to when you have any problems. You were always encouraged to email or ring them if you ever had problems so it wouldnt do any harm to give them a ring and ask the question.

A guy called Rodney used to control things and was brilliant at sorting stuff out:ok

12 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

I miss Superform, they has a great online formbook but it closed about 10 years ago! Never seen anything remotely as good unfortunately. 

Didn't Superform have a big chunky book as well, used to buy it in WH Smiths!

I used to keep the Raceform loose leaf form book and put in the folder each week. I used to look forward to getting it delivered and now its all online in an instant!!

IMO ratings are ratings whoever you get them off, If you don't know exactly how they have been compiled free ones are in effect exactly the same as paid ones as all you can do with either is rank them highest to lowest (whoopy doo).

Again IMO you would be better off getting a database and creating your own algorithm from that .

Simply purchasing ratings that thousands of others have you are all just following the same path and if you all follow the same path you all end up in the same place.

Edited by Valiant Thor
spelling

I used to subscribe to Superform as well …….. back in the 80s you'd receive an update weekly which you put in a loose leaf fake leather folder 

And the you could buy an Annual for Flat or Jumps at the end of the season and chuck your loose leaf folder away

When I came back to racing around 2008 after a 10 year gap I was really pleased to find Superform available free online …….. I used it all the time until it closed down

The only thing I subscribed to online was the Racing Post but I cancelled my subscription some time ago and now just use the free version …… seems to have everything I need which is just the basic form. 

18 hours ago, Systemight said:

am i the only one who can remember Juniorator Ratings?..they were out about the same time as the old Sporting Chronicle.Aahh the memories...

Never heard of Juniorater Ratings, but I have read a lot of stuff by Promath and R.W Woods who used to write a lot of articles in the Sporting Chronicle