** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, and Scottish Predictions > Mar 19th - 23rd

league1ratingds.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

The schedule in this section has a limited list of matches this week with the SPL taking a break for international week. We still have a host of matches to look through with the action starting tonight. We ended last week on a positive note last night in the Mansfield versus Lincoln game so check out the odds and ratings here to let us know what bets you're placing on these games! :ok

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League One

Barnsley have been undefeated in their last 18 matches in League One.
Blackpool have scored 31% of their goals after the 75th minute in League One.
Accrington conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 8 matches in League One.
Walsall conceded at least 1 goal in 84% of their home matches in League One.

You can find interesting 63 Football Betting Streaks for 23.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-23-03-2019-13867

Carlisle Utd v Cambridge Utd    

Carlisle Utd: Peter Grant (1/0 d), Macaulay Gillesphey (22/0 d)(both doubtful), Mark Cullen (6/0 f), Liam McCarron (16/0 f), Arthur Gnahoua (1/0 f), Joe Fryer (5/0 g)

Cambridge Utd: Brad Halliday (31/0 m, doubtful), Reggie Lambe (28/3 m), Jake Doyle-Hayes (2/0 m)(both national selection), Liam O’Neil (19/0 d)

Cheltenham v Northampton    

(Cheltenham manager Michael Duff will have Will Boyle (30/4 d) available because his red card has been rescinded by the FA following a successful appeal by the club.)

Cheltenham: Billy Waters (11/2 m, on loan from Northampton), Sean Long (0/0 d), Alex Addai (19/0 f), Nigel Atangana (26/2 m)

Northampton: Shay Facey (21/0 d, doubtful), Shaun McWilliams (22/0 d), George Cox (2/0 d), Junior Morias (15/4 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

AFC Wimbledon vs Gillingham

The international weekend might be taking the attention off the less-glamorous domestic matches that are going on over the next few days but at Punters Lounge we don't forget about the so-called little guys. Here, we take a look at AFC Wimbledon's game against Gillingham from League One in a 3pm kick-off on Saturday afternoon at Kingsmeadow.

AFC Wimbledon were in a dire position earlier in the season where relegation seemed a foregone conclusion under Neal Ardley. I like Ardley. He did a cracking job with Cardiff's youth set-up but things had obviously gone stale with the Dons. Wally Downes has come in and steadied the ship. The club is now on a run of three straight wins and four games undefeated without a league goal conceded during that time. It's given them hope of survival and they are now in 22nd place and just 3 points off safety.

Gillingham also had a torrid start to the season winning just 2 of their opening 10 league games. Steve Lovell has managed to steer the Gills away from the relegation zone over the course of the season but they are in 16th place and just 2 points above the drop. A recent decent spell of results has seen them suffer just 1 defeat in their last 5 league games so they're proving to be hard to beat.

The head-to-head record between these two sides is hugely in AFC Wimbledon's favour. The two clubs have met 9 times with every meeting in league action since their first encounter on 1st October, 2011. Gillingham have only managed to win 1 of those matches and that came back on 27th October, 2012. That means AFC Wimbledon are unbeaten against the Gills in 6 games.

I think that even though AFC Wimbledon are still struggling to get out of the relegation zone they are in a fine run of form. They have based their recent performances on a solid defensive display. If that defence can keep up this good form then it will be tough for Gillingham to get something here.

AFC Wimbledon to Win @ 2.26

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with MarathonBet

At the last fixtures of EFL follow only league one. For me is the best league right now to fight good performance.

The best odd for me today is Bradford home win (2.80) because i believe is the last card for the hosts. If lose points here, they burned.

Doncaster has two big absenties today and i believe can`t fight the strong Luton.

I believe today will have enough draws at league one.

Nice value for me is Walsall`s home win against Barnsley. Walsall can do big damage today.

Thank you for the preview articles particularly Mala and Steve. Really struggling to find previews and team news (even BBC haven’t bothered) so going on form alone for most. I do know Boyce missing from Burton as he’s on duty for NI could have an impact as he’s a very busy mf as well as goal threat. He’s not been in great scoring form since his injury and although Akins, Allen  and Fraser have been scoring, Boyce is often involved. Burton slowly recovering from their setback related to the league cup and still have a chance of play offs. Stanley capable of getting a draw without boyce but I think it will be a narrow 1goal win for brewers given their momentum and goalscorers  threat. 

3 minutes ago, THEODORE-007 said:

At the last fixtures of EFL follow only league one. For me is the best league right now to fight good performance.

The best odd for me today is Bradford home win (2.80) because i believe is the last card for the hosts. If lose points here, they burned.

Doncaster has two big absenties today and i believe can`t fight the strong Luton.

I believe today will have enough draws at league one.

Nice value for me is Walsall`s home win against Barnsley. Walsall can do big damage today.

Thanks for the team news Theo  - I agree with your  conclusions re Luton and Bradford

6 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Thank you for the preview articles particularly Mala and Steve. Really struggling to find previews and team news (even BBC haven’t bothered) so going on form alone for most. I do know Boyce missing from Burton as he’s on duty for NI could have an impact as he’s a very busy mf as well as goal threat. He’s not been in great scoring form since his injury and although Akins, Allen  and Fraser have been scoring, Boyce is often involved. Burton slowly recovering from their setback related to the league cup and still have a chance of play offs. Stanley capable of getting a draw without boyce but I think it will be a narrow 1goal win for brewers given their momentum and goalscorers  threat. 

From BAFC website:

BURTON ALBION TEAM NEWS

The Brewers have a fully-fit squad ahead of today’s game, although they will be without top goalscorer Liam Boyce, who is away on international duty with Northern Ireland.

That means that Albion will be forced into at least one change from the side that beat Blackpool 3-0 last Saturday.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY TEAM NEWS 

There will be no reunion with Dimitar Evtimov this afternoon, with the ex-Brewers keeper currently on international duty with the Bulgarian national side. 

On-loan forward Paul Smyth is also away, having joined up with Albion forward Liam Boyce in the Northern Ireland squad. 

Seamus Conneely could return from injury to feature in this afternoon’s game.

OFFICIALS 

Lee Swabey is the man in the middle today. The Devon-born referee has taken charge of 10 League One games this season and issued 33 yellow cards. He has also given five red cards and awarded two penalties.

40 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Apologies for the crude edit. Team news from AFCW below 

This is another one that looks possibly a draw - as Theo points out there could be a few in L1.

AFC WIMBLEDON V GILLINGHAM

Kingsmeadow

Sky Bet League 1

Saturday March 23

Kick-off, 3pm

Team News:

Gills boss Steve Lovell continues to be without midfielder Billy Bingham (calf), although the former Crewe man is making a good recovery and could be available within the next 10-14 days. Centre-back Gabriel Zakuani (ankle) will be out for the rest of the season.

Ricky Holmes (back) is unlikely to feature on Saturday but is in full training and could be available next weekend. Alex Lacey (ankle) played 90 minutes in the midweek defeat to Maidstone and is likely to be a part of the squad.

Dean Parrett and Tahvon Campbell have both recovered from respective illnesses.

As for Wimbledon, Will Nightingale is a doubt for the weekend (knee) but Rod McDonald could be back after playing an hour for the reserves earlier in the week.

Former Gills man Deji Oshilaja has missed the last month and is not expected to be involved despite making good progress on a bruised foot, while forward Kwesi Appiah (hamstring) is also doubtful.

Edited by Papa Lazarou
Duplicate

56 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

ACCRINGTON STANLEY TEAM NEWS 

There will be no reunion with Dimitar Evtimov this afternoon, with the ex-Brewers keeper currently on international duty with the Bulgarian national side.

Evtimov probably needs to show that he has been called to the national team for a certain percentage of their games - I know at some point that helped with getting a "work permit" in UK. Bulgaria has a few goalies that are much better than him. But they normally call 2 of them and add Evtimov as a 3-rd choice keeper.

I believe one of the other goalies (Iliev) got injured this week so if anything happens to Mihaylov now - Evtimov might actually get to play against Kosovo.