** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Mar 29th - Apr 2nd

• 2 weeks later...

Caution go away,caution go away i know its after the international break but i do not mind,i feel its the weekend for the top teams in the league.West Brom,Villa,Leeds and Sheffield United has odds of about 7.5.Could i be wrong ???Or should i play some teams with double chances.I just do not see any of those teams losing this weekend.

Edited by ndanmak

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Birmingham City have lost their last 4 matches in Championship.
West Bromwich conceded at least 1 goal in 84% of their home matches in Championship.
Birmingham City conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 8 matches in Championship.

You can find interesting 60 Football Betting Streaks for 29.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-29-03-2019-13911

West Brom vs Birmingham

The Championship is back tonight with this Midlands derby between West Brom and Birmingham in an 8pm kick-off tonight at the Hawthorns. The Baggies have picked up since the sacking of Darren Moore but their opponents here have been handed a 9-point deduction.

West Brom are in 4th place in the table and just 7 points off the automatic promotion pace with 8 league games to go. Is it too late? Well, caretaker manager James Shan is giving it a good go by winning the two games he's had in charge against Swansea and Brentford without conceding a goal.

Birmingham were in a safe position where it looked like they would be preparing for next season but this points deduction now leaves them just 5 points above the relegation zone in 18th place. If results go against them this weekend then that gap could be reduced to just 2 points. I'd say that's unlikely but the threat of that happening sums up how bad this deduction has hit them.

I'm going to have to back the home win here. I think nerves are now going to set in for Birmingham. The situation still isn't desperate so I think they'll give a good account of themselves. They've been difficult to beat on the road with just 7 defeats from their 19 away games. I think Shan has got West Brom set up well. It might be a tight win but it should still be a victory to keep their promotion hopes alive.

West Brom to Win @ 1.92 with BetVictor

Draw HT/ West Brom FT @ 5.20 with MarathonBet

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @Gidds, @chris50, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @rangers234, @newjack, @Kane91, @yossa6133, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Xcout, @branskie, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, @trevor8, @OppoArchitizerLady, and @the bastardian, what bets are you guys placing this week?

Aston Villa vs Blackburn

For the second preview of the weekend's Championship games we move 3 miles down the road to Villa Park where Aston Villa will attempt to continue their charge up the league table in this home game against Blackburn that kicks off at 3pm on Saturday afternoon.

Aston Villa have now won four league games in a row. Dean Smith's side have shot up into the play-off positions thanks to this run of results. The manager is set to name an unchanged XI from the one that tore Middlesbrough apart before the international break. Villa have won their last three home games against Blackburn as well. It seems Jack Grealish's fitness is key to Villa's progress. Since Smith took charge, Villa have won 69% of their games with Grealish involved compared to just 15% with him missing.

Blackburn appear to have done enough to stay up this season. Tony Mowbray's side are 16th in the table and 11 points clear of the relegation zone. Unfortunately, their form has tailed off towards the back end of this season. It's now just 1 win, 1 draw, and 7 losses from their last 9 league games. Just 4 wins in their 10 away league games this season suggests it's a tall order here.

Every season, one team paces their push to the play-offs exactly right. Villa are doing exactly that. Blackburn have scored at least once in their last 9 league games against Villa so it might be worth backing both teams to score. I can just see Villa continuing their storming run with a 2-3 goal win here.

Aston Villa -1 @ 2.62 with SpreadEx

BTTS @ 1.67 with William Hill

JPEG.jpg

The most difficult situation for Wigan is now at the end of the season. Has a dangerous program until the end of the league and games with opponents like Brentford must take only wins because some of the next opponents in  championship is top teams like Leeds, Norwich, Bristol city. Today team is in better condition than Brentfprd and coming from win against Bolton. Three points over the relegation zone and fight with other three teams for one relegation place. For me all other results except win today showing league one and this is a great value bet.

WIGAN ATHLETIC to win (3.30)

Swansea vs Brentford

The extended Championship thread throws us one last preview this week with the focus being on mid-table duo Swansea and Brentford in this 7:45pm kick-off at the Liberty Stadium tonight. Promotion and relegation now appear out of the question for both sides but there's still pride and progress contributing towards next season to play for.

Swansea fans will no doubt have mixed feelings about this season. It could have been a far more positive season with off-field turmoil leaving a dark cloud over the club but things certainly could have been a lot worse. Graham Potter has worked miracles with a skeleton squad and it has to be asked what could have been if the Swans board had actually backed their manager with a transfer kitty in January. The club is in 15th place so the rebuild begins now.

Brentford continue to show glimpses of evolution under Thomas Frank but consistency is still the problem. It's now three league games without a win and no goals scored in those three matches. The Bees are just a couple of places above Swansea in 13th place but only the most optimistic of fans will feel they can make a late push for the play-offs with the club 9 points off the pace.

The Swans have won their last six matches against Brentford across all competitions. Brentford have also lost 5 of their last 6 away matches against Swansea. The hope for Brentford fans is that Swansea are currently on their worst run of four straight defeats in all competitions since May 2018 when they suffered five losses in a row as they dropped out of the Premier League.

I think this is a game where Swansea could turn that losing streak around. Brentford are awful on the road with just 2 wins from their 19 away league games this season. Swansea are unbeaten at home in the league since 28th December, 2018. I'm backing the home win.

Swansea to Win @ 2.55 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.68 with MarathonBet