** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The 2019 Coral Tour Championship

Fader

A small event that gets started tomorrow. Only 8 players in this ranking event.The final event that is part of the Coral Cup. This is the first time for this event I believe and it hosts some high quality names. Here is the lineup/draw

M.Allen Vs K.Wilson
M.Robertson Vs M.Selby
J.Trump Vs M.Williams
R.O'Sullivan Vs S.Bingham

Instantly looking at Robbo for this. Has an out-of-form Selby and then and out-of-form Allen/Kyren to make the final. Also going to take a punt on Mark Williams with this being in Wales. I fancy him against Judd, who looks out of sorts himself right now.

2pts E/W N.Robertson win 15/2 Paddypower
1pt E/W M.Williams to win 18/1 bet365

Today we have Judd Trump Vs Mark Williams and Neil Robertson takes on Selby at 1pm and tonight Ronnie takes on Bingham. The evening game will carry over to tomorrow.

I'm going to leave the Trump Vs Williams match, but I do see value in Robertson to beat Selby at over evens. Selby likes the longer format, but he's in no form right now and certainly not in the same form as Robertson.

5pts N.Robertson to beat M.Selby 11/10 bet365

One little Accy i like too. Bingham was talking on a podcast about this being a "bonus" tournament and he has done what he needs to qualfy for Sheffield. Screams to me that he will lay down for Ronnie. Robertson could easily cover this handicap and Trump, although Williams is abit of value, should beat Williams in all reality.

2pts J. Trump -2.5, N. Robertson -1.5 & R. O'sullivan -3.5  10/1 Ladbrokes

Robertson 2 nil up, next time i look he's 6-2 down. eh? what happened? I couldn't watch it.

edit * was never in doubt really was it? haha. Robertson wins 9-8 but in all seriousness could have won 9-6. 7-6 up and Selby needing 3 snookers it goes 7-7 instead of 8-6 or the accy would have been on.

Edited by Fader

What a match that was last night. Robertson played really well, but I do worry about how tired he looks. Also, his wife has just had a baby, which means no sleep for Robbo in the most important phase of the year for him.

Today we finish the Quarter-finals with Allen playing Wilson at 1pm whilst Trump finishes his match against Williams and then we finish the Allen match in the evening and we will know the 4 semi-finalists.

I'm going to take Mark Allen today and that's more to do with Kyren Wilsons form. He just doesn't look right at the moment and hasn't done since that German Masters win. He has a good recent record against Allen, but I can see that changingin this match and I'm taking the handicap too.

4pts M.Allen (-1.5 frames) to beat K.Wilson 5/4 ladbrokes

Allen covers the handicap (just about) after being 6-2 up. 3 very close matches and a standard Ronnie win. I do think Bingham made so many mistakes throughout that match it was alot easier for Ronnie. No surprise Bingham caved in with any pressure though. One thing that Judd will do today, that Bingham cannot seem to do, is play his game without the "Ronnie factor fear" but even playing like that I see a Ronnie win. There is no way that Ronnie isn't looking for revenge no matter what he says and I see him winning this with abit to spare.

5pts R.O'Sulliavan (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Trump 4/5 betfred
1pt R.O'Sulliavan 6-2 J.Trump (1st session correct score) 5/1 Paddypower

Another fantastic match lastnight. Another deciding frame and another black ball finish. You would have to say that whoever wins today would have it all to do to beat Ronnie. His only flaw right now is abit of long-range potting. Today we see who will meet him in the final. I am alittle concerned with how tired Robbo might be. Going deep in multiple tournaments. Long match against Selby, wife with a new baby and he himself said on ITV he has no chance.

However, he must want to win this event to put that kind of effort in. He has a good h2h with allen over the long-term but recenly it's been Allen winning 5 in the last 2 years. I have Robertson each-way so I wont back any outcome of the winner but I will take the overs on the games. Every match has been close so far this week barring Ronnies win over Bingham.

5.5pts N.Robertson V M.Allen (Over 16.5 frames) 8/11 bet365

Good to see Robertson make the final and give Ronnie a really good game. Bodes well for Sheffield. I'm hoping that Neil goes out early in China. I think that may harm him and like Ronnie, he should sit it out but we will see. Good each-way place on Robbo.