Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - April 8 - April 14

Timea Bacsinszky to beat Tamara Korpatsch at 1.30 with Paddy Power

My venture to the world of short odds misfired quite spectacularly last week, but I'm going to try my luck again here. Basically a home tournament for Timea and Korpatsch has been playing really poorly so far in 2019, so I really don't see any other result than a win for Timea here. She did lose against Korpatsch last year, but that was when she was still getting back after a long injury.

we've got interesting prospect playing in murcia tomorrow.

carlos lopez montagud born 200km away from murcia, had some good success in murcia last month on itf tour level where he reached the semifinal and lost to alvaro lopez san martin in three sets. lopez san martin beat bagnis this week in alicante. looked also like a great prospect.

his opponent is roberto ortega-olmedo who is more adapted to hardcourt, he didn't do much on clay last year. he looks in bad shape in monterrey vs young, i think he was a bit off because he didn't play for few weeks recently.

i think lopez montagud could be a living dog here, i am risking a bet on him

carlos lopez montagud @3.15 5dimes 4/10

Evgeny Karlovskiy to beat Alejandro Davidovich Fokina @ 3.80 with 5dimes

Today we have once again a player that should not be underestimated. Karlovskiy is a punisher of the ball, and this is a match of pride vs youngster Fokina. Karlovskiy serve is strong enough to hold against Fokina at will, and he will find some break opportunities firing off all cylinders from the baseline. Karlovskiy has the experience, power, motivation. He is well rested from his finals loss vs Lopez-Perez in Zhuhai. I think he was exhausted from lots of tennis that week, and Lopez Perez played quite well. Now a rejuvenated Karlovskiy after some poor losses on following hard court tournaments has had the proper time to rest. I have not seen footage on him recently, but I am not impressed by Davidovich physical strength in any of his attributes. Also I believe Evgeny has figured some things out with his own game in terms of grinding points out with few errors and using consistent slice shots.. This will work to his advantage on the clay surfaces as well. 

3 hours ago, money44 said:

Evgeny Karlovskiy to beat Alejandro Davidovich Fokina @ 3.80 with 5dimes

Today we have once again a player that should not be underestimated. Karlovskiy is a punisher of the ball, and this is a match of pride vs youngster Fokina. Karlovskiy serve is strong enough to hold against Fokina at will, and he will find some break opportunities firing off all cylinders from the baseline. Karlovskiy has the experience, power, motivation. He is well rested from his finals loss vs Lopez-Perez in Zhuhai. I think he was exhausted from lots of tennis that week, and Lopez Perez played quite well. Now a rejuvenated Karlovskiy after some poor losses on following hard court tournaments has had the proper time to rest. I have not seen footage on him recently, but I am not impressed by Davidovich physical strength in any of his attributes. Also I believe Evgeny has figured some things out with his own game in terms of grinding points out with few errors and using consistent slice shots.. This will work to his advantage on the clay surfaces as well. 

On clay I can't trust a player who lost to James Ward on clay and has a 0-5 record on clay on the challenger tour. Sure it's an opportunity for Evgeny to qualify for this ATP 250 clay event but the spaniard is so mutch more versatile player with more talent so I have to skip a bet on the russian.

Pablo Andujar to beat Federico Delbonis at 2.25 with Unibet

Pablos best time of the year is now, I think he's strong enough to play 3 clay events in a row. He successfully defended his challenger title from last year yesterday and I don't think there's gonna be any problems for him to recover in time for Marrakech. He's well prepared for this event. It's one of his favourite events and he owns a positive 5-0 record in this matchup. Federico is not in the best form ever exactly and I don't see him beating an in-form Pablo easily just because he's supposed to be tired.

H2H between Pablo and Delbonis is malicious.

5-0 Pablo only tells the half of the story.

Delbonis was up a set and a break in the last three encounters and he regained some momentum, form and confidence after having a good run in Miami + he usually plays very good in Morocco (won the tournament in Marrakech in 2016). He was struggling a lot with the lefty serve in the past vs. Delbonis IMO and it was probably PRIME Pablo who had those problems....

Now Pablo is getting old. You can see that He was struggling with athletic players who let him run a lot like Martinez Portero or Domingues and he played two full weeks (10 matches in 12 days, only three days off in last two weeks).

I think this is a bit of a trap: Andujar defending title + 5-0 H2H....i would not bet on Pablo here tbh. I would wait for inplay odds and then deciding what to bet after seeing Andujar on court. Could be literally deadly tired and looking awful. 

Edited by opole

Emiliana Arango to beat Bibiane Schoofs at 5.55 with Betsson

As usual it's an upset if Emiliana wins a match in Bogota like last year when she reached the quarterfinal. She hasn't done mutch since and now she's 18 years old. She obviously has a lot of points to defend this week but for a start, beating Bibi shouldn't be impossible for her.

Hugo Dellien to beat Casper Ruud at 3.00 with bet365 

I think Ruud is overrated here. He did nothing remarkable recently while Hugo won a Challenger a few weeks ago. The surface conditions should be better for Hugo so lets try.

Edited by darko08

1 hour ago, darko08 said:

Hugo Dellien to beat Casper Ruud at 3.00 with bet365 

I think Ruud is overrated here. He did nothing remarkable recently while Hugo won a Challenger a few weeks ago. The surface conditions should be better for Hugo so lets try.

I agree with you. I'm on as well :hope

I'd never heard of Dellien until the South American clay court swing where he got some good results. If he's going to back those results up outside of that part of the world these conditions could represent his best chance.

Giulio Zeppieri to beat Thanasi Kokkinakis at 8.00 with Betfair

Thanasi hasn't played since Aussie open and he never was a player with clay as his best surface. He's up against a 17 year old italian player player who's best result so far is taking a set off Victor Galovic in Bergamo two months ago. In Barletta so far Giulio has blasted his older compatriot Giuseppe Tresca 6-0 6-1. Judging by Giulios result in first round he shouldn't be at 8 to win this match.

@four-leaf I remember you hyped this Taiwanese youngster Wu Tung-Lin a month ago. I didn't catch him playing but saw the results and he did beat four current or ex- top100 players in Santiago. How big is his potential? He is playing in Taipei Challenger tomorrow against Jason Jung, and I'm considering to back him at odds around 2,25.

Edited by Metaphor

Barletta Challenger 2R

Napolitano to beat Grigelis @1.44 with 888sport

Grigelis played two singles matches and one doubles in Davis Cup on Saturday, and lost badly 6-2, 6-0 to Ouahab. According to @opole Grigelis looked sick. He did beat Kolar here in the first round but took a medical timeout in the second set, and was not far away from losing the match in the third. Despite the H2H, I think Napolitano, who has had a decent season so far, will be the winner on home soil.

Varvara Lepchenko (+1.5 sets) to beat Amanda Anisimova at 1.96 with Pinnacle

Anisimova wasn't all that convincing against the seriously struggling Lisicki in the first round and she won only because the German went mentally missing in the second half of the match, being unable to deliver any reasonable serves. Lepchenko is an aging force, no doubts about that, but she had no problems in the first round and the faster conditions certainly suit her style, so I see her taking a set more often than not.

1 hour ago, Metaphor said:

@four-leaf I remember you hyped this Taiwanese youngster Wu Tung-Lin a month ago. I didn't catch him playing but saw the results and he did beat four current or ex- top100 players in Santiago. How big is his potential? He is playing in Taipei Challenger tomorrow against Jason Jung, and I'm considering to back him at odds around 2,25.

Well I saw he won very easily against his compatriot in the last round and I think I'm gonna post a bet that says Tung-Lin Wu will beat Jason Jung tomorrow. He certainly is a player with something about top 200 potential in him and he's bound to climb the rankings and I haven't been all to impressed by Jason Jung so far this season and I wasn't impressed by Jason Jung last season either and have rarely been impressed by that guy.

30 minutes ago, Metaphor said:

Barletta Challenger 2R

Napolitano to beat Grigelis @1.44 with 888sport

Grigelis played two singles matches and one doubles in Davis Cup on Saturday, and lost badly 6-2, 6-0 to Ouahab. According to @opole Grigelis looked sick. He did beat Kolar here in the first round but took a medical timeout in the second set, and was not far away from losing the match in the third. Despite the H2H, I think Napolitano, who has had a decent season so far, will be the winner on home soil.

Napolitano wins by WO

Federico Delbonis to beat Pablo Andujar @ 1.57 with SportingBet

So Pablo has played a lot of tennis in the past 2 weeks and is probably going to feel it today, given his age. Yes he does own a 5-0 H2H in this match up but the last match between these two was in 2014, effectively making the H2H record somewhat irrelevant. Delbonis did not play all at badly in his last tournament, even managing to take a set off Djokovic.

40 minutes ago, South_African_Punter said:

Federico Delbonis to beat Pablo Andujar @ 1.57 with SportingBet

So Pablo has played a lot of tennis in the past 2 weeks and is probably going to feel it today, given his age. Yes he does own a 5-0 H2H in this match up but the last match between these two was in 2014, effectively making the H2H record somewhat irrelevant. Delbonis did not play all at badly in his last tournament, even managing to take a set off Djokovic.

21 minutes ago, eros said:

Gl my friend, but at such low odds I honestly can't find a little bit of value. I already took Andujar, because in opposite to Delbonis he's in great form.

Andujar @ 2.34 Pinnacle

4/10

One person guaranteed to be happy at least :lol

2 hours ago, eros said:

Gl my friend, but at such low odds I honestly can't find a little bit of value. I already took Andujar, because in opposite to Delbonis he's in great form.

Andujar @ 2.34 Pinnacle

4/10

Good pick there, although I feel rather aggrieved, at least in the first set as Delbonis had so many chances to win that set!!