** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - April 1 - April 7

Vickery to beat Rybarikova at 2.10 with Unibet

Ryborikova have great form but Vickery too. Excatly year ago ,in 1/4 in Monterey Vickery beat her 2:0 . Then was 2.10 on Vickery . Now is the same situation so i don`t know why Vickery is underdog here .I think this is 50/50 so we have 0.10 value ;)

Edited by Rypcio

2 hours ago, money44 said:

I see Martic with a chance .. I'm attempting to breakdown the matches now , and waiting for my sports account funds to arrive. 

Sakkari probably has a better chance against Wozniacki than Martic against Bencic, who has been simply bossing opponents around the court. I watched most of the Martic/Pengula match...Martic didn't really impress me that much.

Alright I'm leaving Rudo, time to cash-out at 1-2 lead for Rudo in third set. Gives me the stake back. I really don't feel like being on the german teen anymore as it looks like Simone will find another break sooner or later because Rudo seems to be breaking down.

Filip Krajinovic (-4.5) to beat Gianluca Mager at 1.86 with Unibet

Had a bet on Pablo Andujar in Marbella last friday when Gianluca lost easily in straight sets and I see the same thing happening here. Gianluca can't match top 100 players in the long run, he eventually gives away break point opportunities by producing costly errors from the baseline. Filip is a class act on clay and I think that first match in Mouratoglou open gave him some nice warm up and he can probably play his best tennis today. Clay challengers is what built Filips top 100 status before and he is a very good slow court player.

16 hours ago, opole said:

Lamine Ouahab vs. Laurynas Grigels @2.35 Redzone 5/10

Ouahab great clay court player, beat tons of strong opponents on clay in his career like Ramos, Andujar, Fognini, Dolgopolov, Lorenzi, Klizan, Darcis, Carreno-Busta, Haase, Vesely, Carballes Baena, Granollers, Rola, Krajinovic, Garcia-Lopez, Kohlschreiber or Basilashvili. You can find many many more names on his record which are pretty good wins.

This is a davis cup match played in Morocco so big home advantage in Casablanca for Ouahab. H2H 1-1 on clay but Ouahab should have much better prep for the match as Grigelis was playing indoor last week. 

ouahab won 62 60

walk in the park for the legend. i took some more of ouahab this morning, no idea why some books had him aroiund 2.7....strange one, ouahab dominated from the first point as expected.

Bradley Klahn to beat Donald Young at 1.72 with Unibet

Donald Young is a little bit of a Simone Bolelli player. He never has reached any bigger highs in his career and he's out of top 100 for awhile now and doesn't seem to be coming back any time soon. Just like Simone he was ranked top 50 for awhile but never won an ATP tournament because in the best tournament he ever played in Bangkok where he beat Gael Monfils in the semi he met Andy Murray for the title and obviously didn't stand a chance. Now he's up against the likes of Collin Altamirano and other prospects. In this match he's up against the dangerous Brad Klahn who atm is ranked 86 compared to Donald at 217 and I can only see this going one way and it's the way of Brad. In Aptos challenger 2013 Brad won their previous meeting by 6-4 6-4 and judging by the way Brad has been playing till now he shouldn't experience to mutch trouble in dispatching Donald. I rate Brad just like his ranking is saying right now and it's that Brad is a top 100 player and plays like he is ranked between 70-99 constantly and it's pretty decent while Donald isn't even anywhere near top 150 in his game. To get to the quarter Donald has beaten Roberto Ortega-Olmedo, Paolo Lorenzi and Santi Giraldo which on a hardcourt is no big deal. I'd be a big deal if he defeats Brad tonight but I have my doubts about his level. Donald is no longer at the peak of his career and it was a long time ago since he even won a challenger title.

Maria Sakkari to beat Caroline Wozniacki at 2.55 with Unibet

Maria has her days sometimes and when she does it can lead to easy straight sets wins like I think this match will be for her. Caroline on the Charleston clay is not something I think would be a big deal to beat for any top 50 player right now. Maria won their only previous encounter 7-5 6-3 in Wuhan 2017 and I think it's pretty easily predicted that Maria wins in straight sets again. Caroline is simply not very good right now and I doubt she will find her higher gear in Charleston suddenly and produce something extraordinary.

Belinda Bencic (-3.5) to beat Petra Martic at 1.72 with Unibet

No previous meetings between the two but the form of both says Belinda will win this match as easy as it gets. Belindas previous matches in this edition of Charleston has seen her win by a whooping 6 games minimum and twice 6-0 6-3/6-3 6-0. It doesn't look like 3.5 games will be to hard for her to cover. Petra has had problems in two of her three matches this week but she's played well enough to reach the quarterfinal but it's likely where it stops big time at the hands of a red hot Belinda.

I'm taking two today - one from Charleston and one from Monterrey.

5pts Monica Puig to beat Danielle Rose Collins @ 1.91 William Hill

Puig looks good this week and she's beaten better players than Collins has to reach this stage. The Puerto Rican is showing some signs of returning to the form that made her an Olympic champion and if she can play near that level here she should get the better of a tough competitor in Collins. The American is unlikely to make it easy for Puig and will scrap for every ball so it could be that the best play is overs, but I'll stick to the match line and take Puig to continue her resurgence in form.

2pts Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to beat Victoria Azarenka @ 2.10 William Hill

Pavlyuchenkova has a terrific record at this tournament and that alone would be enough for me to back her as an underdog in this one, but what also sways me is her performances so far in this edition. The Russian blew Jorovic off the court last time out without so much as dropping a game and whilst Azarenka looked in good touch against Diyas she wasn't as dominant as she should have been against Kato in the first round. At the price and taking into account her pedigree in Monterrey, Pavlyuchenkova has to be the play here.

I'm also putting a point on the double at 4.01.

8 minutes ago, Torque said:

I'm taking two today - one from Charleston and one from Monterrey.

5pts Monica Puig to beat Danielle Rose Collins @ 1.91 William Hill

Puig looks good this week and she's beaten better players than Collins has to reach this stage. The Puerto Rican is showing some signs of returning to the form that made her an Olympic champion and if she can play near that level here she should get the better of a tough competitor in Collins. The American is unlikely to make it easy for Puig and will scrap for every ball so it could be that the best play is overs, but I'll stick to the match line and take Puig to continue her resurgence in form.

2pts Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to beat Victoria Azarenka @ 2.10 William Hill

Pavlyuchenkova has a terrific record at this tournament and that alone would be enough for me to back her as an underdog in this one, but what also sways me is her performances so far in this edition. The Russian blew Jorovic off the court last time out without so much as dropping a game and whilst Azarenka looked in good touch against Diyas she wasn't as dominant as she should have been against Kato in the first round. At the price and taking into account her pedigree in Monterrey, Pavlyuchenkova has to be the play here.

I'm also putting a point on the double at 4.01.

Not that Vika is playing at her best anymore but she virtually owns a 4-0 record in the current matchup in Monterrey but I think Pavs has been playing nice tennis this season and I also like her as an underdog in Monterrey. Pavs plays very solid so far, saw her in Aussie open on Eurosport when she beat both Kiki Bertens and Sloane Stephens and that's where her level is right now I belive but that's not where Vika is anymore.

1 minute ago, four-leaf said:

Not that Vika is playing at her best anymore but she virtually owns a 4-0 record in the current matchup in Monterrey but I think Pavs has been playing nice tennis this season and I also like her as an underdog in Monterrey. Pavs plays very solid so far, saw her in Aussie open on Eurosport when she beat both Kiki Bertens and Sloane Stephens and that's where her level is right now I belive but that's not where Vika is anymore.

Yeah the bet is a fade of Vika as much as a back of Pavs. She just hasn't seemed the same since her off-court troubles and it was sad to see her feeling emotional at the Australian Open.