** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Hunter Chase - 5.25 Down Royal

I rarely bet in Irish Hunter Chases as I don't follow it closely enough, however I do think Burning Ambition is worth a bet today at Down Royal. He went off favourite for last year's Cheltenham Foxhunter when he was the big talking horse from Ireland. He traveled really into the race until his stamina ran out over the last couple of furlongs and he ended up only finishing 8th. Not surprisingly connections decided to aim him for Aintree this season over a trip which is much more suitable. He has had 2 runs this season. First of all he beat Fennno's Storm which is a good piece of form and then last month he was beaten by Sidetracked who re-opposes here. I suspect he wasn't quite at his best that day and the drop down in trip should suit Burning Ambition more than it does Sidetracked. Winged Leader is the 2nd favourite and he has had a good season winning 3 times and then finishing 2nd the last twice. He has been 2nd to a couple of decent horses so the form is solid and the drop in trip shouldn't bother him either. He is only 5 so should have more to come, but to me Burning Ambition looked a very good horse at Cheltenham last year and if he is to have any chance at Aintree he really needs to win this.

Burning Ambition 2pts @ 13/8 with Bet365 and most others

Cheltenham review will go up later.