** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Gibraltar Open 2019

Fader

The Gibraltar Open gets underway tomorrow morning. We have had some qualifying matches already. A lot of the top players have swerved this and no surprise really with Sheffield around the corner and some players are performing at the Champions League also such as Trump, Robbo, Higgins, Selby etc..

I'm going to take a handful of outsiders for the outright as I feel this is wide open as you would expect. 

In the top half, I am going to take Luca Brecel, Wakelin and Sam Craigie. The top half is very weak in my opinion and so a big chance for an unknown to make it through. Brecel would have no excuses at all to not make the final in my opinion.

In the bottom half, I like Lisowski. He is improving each tournament. If he can just get some composure he will be set. I also like the form of Anthony Hamilton and Scott Donaldson to complete 6 fancies.

2pts J.Lisowski to win 18/1 betfred
1pt E/W L.Brecel to win 40/1 ladbrokes
0.5p E/W C.Wakelin to win 66/1 betfred
0.5pts E/W S.Craigie to win 80/1 betvictor
0.5pts S.Donaldson to win 80/1 betvictor
0.5pts A.Hamilton to win 100/1 ladbrokes

Not much on Day 1 but one I do like is Baird to beat Jimmy Robertson. Jimmy is currently really struggling with his form and so the last thing he needs is an up and coming player who is playing with confidence.

2.5pts S.Baird to beat J.Robertson 11/10 bet365

Nice call on Jimmy, Four. Quite an annoying tournament this one as you can't get the markets you want. For example, I was itching to bet on Lu Ning to beat Murphy -1.5 but couldn't find the market.

Anyways, Bingham wins. Bingham looking good this season. One to watch at Sheffield perhaps.