** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FA Cup Predictions > Mar 16th & 17th

facupodds.jpg

Are these the most underwhelming set of FA Cup Quarter-Final fixtures since the 2007/08 season when my beloved Cardiff lost in the Final to Portsmouth? Quite possibly! Still, there's some value to be had if we dig a little deeper. Here are the odds for these games. Give us your tips for these games. Let's try and take some profit from these games. :ok

Watford vs Crystal Palace

The FA Cup Quarter-Final previews are here and we kick things off with the intriguing clash of Premier League rivals that is Watford versus Crystal Palace in a 12:15pm kick-off this Saturday lunch-time live from Vicarage Road. Which of these two teams will take a huge step closer to realising their dream of playing at Wembley?

Watford are surprising a lot of people, apart from their own fans, with their attacking displays this season. Every time the pundits expect them to lose their way they suddenly pick up their results again. It's led to Javi Gracia's side sitting in 8th place in the Premier League. The Hornets haven't conceded a goal in the FA Cup thus far with clean sheet wins over Woking, Newcastle, and QPR so far.

Crystal Palace might still have one eye on the relegation dog fight but they're realistically one of the teams expected to survive this season. Roy Hodgson will have been disappointed with the result against Brighton last weekend but attention quickly turns to cup action here. The Eagles have also kept a clean sheet in every round of the competition so far with wins over Grimsby, Tottenham, and Doncaster.

Palace haven't beaten Watford in their last three meetings and have lost the last two encounters. The last time these two met in the FA Cup was the 2016 Semi-Finals when Palace secured a tight 2-1 win to reach the Final. It was also Palace who won the previous Wembley meeting between the two teams before that Semi-Final with a 1-0 victory in the 2013 Championship Play-Off Final. I actually think Watford will put that cup hoodoo behind them and take the win.

Watford to Win @ 2.41 with MarathonBet

Watford HT/FT @ 4.00 with Ladbrokes

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Dave1X2, @canaries91, @jazzman02, @sajtion, @Darran, @postmanplod69, @eddiem, @bartonbank, @yossa6133, @Teodore, @thinkpink63, @Carovie, @i1_principe, and @AndreBR, what bets are you all placing on the FA Cup Quarter-Finals this weekend?

Wolverhampton v Manchester United

Wolverhampton: Ryan Bennett (28/1 d, suspended)

Manchester United: Mason Greenwood (1/0 m, illness), Romelu Lukaku (27/12 f, top scorer), Ander Herrera (19/2 m), Matteo Darmian (5/0 d), Jesse Lingard (22/4 m)(all doubtful), Ashley Young (23/2 d, suspended), Alexis Sanchez (17/1 f), Juan Mata (18/2 m), Luis Antonio Valencia (5/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Millwall vs Brighton

One tie remains from the FA Cup Quarter-Finals and it's Millwall versus Brighton in a 2pm kick-off at the Den. It's the Championship versus the Premier League. Will we see a giant-killing or will the big guns prevail to join Watford, Manchester City, and Wolves in the Semi-Finals?

Millwall reached the FA Cup Final in 2004 so it's a competition their fans have a fond affection for. That was a long time ago now but they could take a step closer to writing another chapter in their history books with a win here. Neil Harris has seen his team beat Hull, Everton, and AFC Wimbledon in the competition so far. It's been far from convincing but they're doing enough. Their league run of 4 defeats from their last 5 league games means they could do with a victory here.

Brighton are also in desperate need of winning this game. Chris Hughton's men had been sliding down the Premier League table. The Seagulls have notched up back-to-back victories in the league but a loss here could seriously damage their morale at a crucial period. This competition has seen them Bournemouth, West Brom (after a replay), and Derby.

A huge issue for Millwall here is the potential absence of a couple of key players. Strike Lee Gregory is in a race against time to prove his fitness. Ben Thompson, who bagged two goals in the midweek win against Birmingham, is cup-tied. Defender Murray Wallace is also suspended. It's not ideal for the Lions.

The travelling side have their own concerns. Florin Andone and Pascal Gross will both be unavailable due to injury. Yves Bissouma is also suspended. 5 of the last 8 meetings between these two sides have ended in draws so it wouldn't surprise me with this team news if that happened again and the match was decided on penalties. I just think Brighton might have enough to sneak the win.

Brighton to Qualify @ 1.67 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.68 with MarathonBet

On 11/03/2019 at 7:59 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

facupodds.jpg

Are these the most underwhelming set of FA Cup Quarter-Final fixtures since the 2007/08 season when my beloved Cardiff lost in the Final to Portsmouth? Quite possibly! Still, there's some value to be had if we dig a little deeper. Here are the odds for these games. Give us your tips for these games. Let's try and take some profit from these games. :ok

Well I would have agreed that these quarter finals were not the most attractive, but all turned out to be decent games. The SWA V MC & MIL V BRI in particular were proper, thrilling, old fashioned cup ties. Wolves put on a great show from their fans & players. They've knocked out both Reds too.

The magic of the cup is well and truly alive this season!

15 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Well I would have agreed that these quarter finals were not the most attractive, but all turned out to be decent games. The SWA V MC & MIL V BRI in particular were proper, thrilling, old fashioned cup ties. Wolves put on a great show from their fans & players. They've knocked out both Reds too.

The magic of the cup is well and truly alive this season!

I bet you're bloody delighted! As a Cardiff fan that is seasoned in the trips to Wembley for cup games I can only say you'll have a belter of a day. Enjoy it!

9 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I bet you're bloody delighted! As a Cardiff fan that is seasoned in the trips to Wembley for cup games I can only say you'll have a belter of a day. Enjoy it!

Thanks mate. Yes, hoping I can get a ticket and have a good weekend away.

Have to say that the lad deserved to miss the last pen, after blocking Murray off for their first goal.

Milwalls dirty tactics didn't pay. In the end Karma got them, Hans