Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
Fader

The World Championship 2019

G.Wilson Vs A.Carter - I'm going to take over 23.5 frames in this one. I think Carter will get back into it and we'll see atleast a 13-11 here, but to be honest I think it will end up on a decider. If I hadn't had backed Wilson pre match, I'd probably be backing Carter as I see abit of nerves in Wilson.

I'm also quite tempted on K.Wilson. I've underrated Gilbert massively. If you see the nerves early on, then 4/1 is a good price.

5.5pts Over 23.5 frames - Wilson Vs Carter 8/11 betfair

That's some bad luck for Ali. Flukes galore in that one.

I'm going to take Robertson tonight. He was 7-5 up last time I managed to watch any of this and then when I check it's somehow 9-7. I fancy him to win this and 7/4 is a decent enough price to get involved

4pts N.Robertson to beat J.Higgins 7/4 Betvictor

Semi-finals. I think most people would expect to see Higgins Vs Trump in the final from here but personally would love to see Wilson Vs Gilbert. 

I will take the handicap on Wilson against Trump. I think it's been given with a lack of respect for Wilson almost. Wilson has been excellent this week and has hit ton after ton. Not to mention he has won the last head-2-head and we all know how desperate Trump is for this trophy. In the other Semi-final, I'm going to take the frames. I still think Higgins stamina will come into question and he really had the run of the balls in the latter part of the Robertson match.

5.5pts Over 28.5 frames (J.Higgins Vs D.Gilbert) 8/11 William Hill
6pts G.Wilson (+6.5 frames) to beat J.Trump betfred
2pts G.Wilson to beat J.Trump 9/2 bet365

By all means, go for it. Trump has never won this event and I think it shows when he is a big favourite. Have you actually watched Gary Wilson in this tournament?  It's unlikely Wilson will win, hence a 2pt bet, but the handicap is a solid bet, hence the 6pts bet.  

I think you are just looking at "Trump" the name Abs. You haven't watched any Gary Wilson matches atall. 

"He is the better player" doesn't always work. Selby was the better player. Carter is a better player too and he's beaten them both. Trump has periods where he dips a lot. He hasn't won this event and that makes a big difference. He is likely to feel the nerves just as much as Wilson. Even if Trump wins here, I would fancy Higgins to beat him in the final like he did last time Trump got to a final (which was 8 years ago...)

7 centuries so far for G.Wilson. Joint top in this event with Kyren Wilson & Maguire. Trump was brilliant in the 1st session against Maguire otherwise it could have been different in that match. He just about beat Un-Nooh after a big comeback. He just about beat Ding (after a comeback) .. by no means does it look like he can cover a handicap.

But don't let me put you off. He could destroy anybody on his day. 

It’s not so much the name ‘Trump’ that’s influencing my bet here, rather the name Gary Wilson.

I’d be lumping on any top player here, against Gary Wilson, given both the circumstances and the length of match, particularly one who scores as heavily as Judd Trump.

Gary Wilson has been the standout player.

I actually stopped taking you seriously when you said that you hadn't watched any of his games.

Judd Trump has been patchy this tournament whereas Wilson has been nothing short of superb.

To base an opinion merely on a players name and rank without taking into account form is amateur to say the least.

Trump has to be favourite, but I think the bookies have priced this one up about right.

That’s a bit unfair. I am a snooker fan, I just happen to have been watching the other table to the one Wilson has been on.

’Standout player’ or not, I still have to go on his career, rather than 3 matches this fortnight. David Gilbert for example, although he hasn’t been this far in Sheffield before, he has some pedigree in his career and results elsewhere, whereas Gary Wilson doesn’t have that. I think it’s a total mismatch, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Its actually 6 matches over this last month. He was excellent in qualifying.

Gary Wilson has been on TV a massive amount over this tournament, so I can only assume that you have turned off when his games have been on.

As this is a betting forum, I try and offer reasoned advice, and advising to back against a player that by your own admission you 'haven't seen' is just crazy.

Class and pedigree serve players well, particularly in Sheffield, but Wilson is the form player and is proving that again. His very best game may well mean he will still come up slightly short, but nothing like an -8.5 handicap that you suggest.

Edited by mcsilks

Both Trump and Wilson have been crap really this session, but nevertheless it ends 14-10. Wilson only needs one frame to cover the handicap and Trump will no doubt offer that the way he's playing

In the other match, how Gilbert is only 2 up I have no idea. Higgins has been woeful and has had every run of the ball you could imagine. Has to be the luckiest player I've seen this tournament. However, Gilbert stated bottling it late in the session and he's only on 13 so Higgins looks the bet at evens.

5pts J.Higgins to beat D.Gilbert evens paddypower 

Both Trump and Wilson have been crap really this session, but nevertheless it ends 14-10. Wilson only needs one frame to cover the handicap and Trump will no doubt offer that the way he's playing

In the other match, how Gilbert is only 2 up I have no idea. Higgins has been woeful and has had every run of the ball you could imagine. Has to be the luckiest player I've seen this tournament. However, Gilbert stated bottling it late in the session and he's only on 13 so Higgins looks the bet at evens.

5pts J.Higgins to beat D.Gilbert evens paddypower 

Been too busy, but as soon as I saw Higgins was only 2 behind after being 6 behind. I fancied him to do the job and evens was probably about the right odds, but a bet you'd take 9 times out of 10 - good call. :ok 

I thought it was a good bet as well at the time and Higgins could not play any worse and had to get better.I thought Trump got a bit lucky as every time he was left snookered he never left anything a few times but they say luck is supposed to even itself out.Well am going to stick with Higgins in the final but hope it is a good match.Good Luck if you have a bet.

Hard to like the final. Not sure I'll even watch it. Really wanted to see Gilbert in the final, despite the bet on Higgins. I'll go with the overs on the frames with Higgins Vs Trump. I can't see this being one-sided. Only Trump could really go off on a big lead and I just don't think he's playing well enough.

I'll also take Higgins to win this. He beat him 8 years ago and has lost the last couple of finals and I think the moment will get to Trump abit.

5pts Over 31.5 frames (J.Higgins Vs J.Trump) 19/20 william hill
4pts J.Higgins to beat J.Trump 7/4 betfair

Well that is it over for another year and well done Judd Trump and was the better player in the final.Pleased Garry Wison won shot of the championship and was some good matches,pleased it finished early so I could watch the city game but was hoping it lasted longer.

Well done indeed. Glad he finally got one. Rather annoyingly I backed him 8 years ago and he lost and backed Higgins this year and he won :D Shame it wasnt closer. Would have loved to have seen a Robertson-Trump final really.