** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

La Liga Predictions > Mar 8th - 10th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding La Liga

Athletic Bilbao have been undefeated in their last 8 home matches in La Liga.
Espanyol have failed to win in their last 8 away matches in La Liga.
Athletic Bilbao did not concede any goal in their last 4 home matches in La Liga.

You can find interesting 61 Football Betting Streaks for 08.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-03-2019-13676

Where Bilbao began to rise, Valencia lost to Mestagia last weekend by 2-0. However, he remains in positive momentum and wants to get as high as possible in the scoring. On the other side, Espanyol is also capable of doing a lot of things, but he has not had the best possible results last night. The match is quite difficult to predict, as the two teams are not very dynamic, but the "San Mamas" factor can make the difference
ATHLETIC BILBAO vs RCD ESPANYOL BARCELONA @@ ATHLETIC BILBAO, odds 1.88

Atletico Madrid vs Leganes

La Liga is winding down already. Barcelona look set to win the title. Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid are set to qualify for the Champions League again. A few teams will then battle it out for the Europa League and against relegation. It's a low key finish. Here, we see Atletico face Leganes in a 3:15pm kick-off this Saturday at the Wanda Metropolitano.

Atletico Madrid have now won three league games in a row and each of those matches have resulted in a clean sheet. It's now 376 minutes of competitive football without conceding a goal for Diego Simeone's side. It seems hard to imagine them conceding in a home game against team that have only scored 2 goals in their last 3 league games.

Leganes might have drawn and won their last two league matches but Mauricio Pellegrino's side are still struggling to find the consistency needed to lift them above their mid-table position and into the next level of competing to potentially qualify for the Europa League.

This game is firmly in favour of Atletico. The club have only lost once at home in the league this season and have conceded just 7 goals in 13 home matches in league competition. In contrast, Leganes are awful on the road having won just 2 of their 13 league matches away and having conceded 21 goals during those matches. I'm backing a clean sheet win for Atletico here.

Atletico Madrid HT/FT @ 2.38 with Coral

Atletico Madrid to Win to Nil @ 2.05 with Bet365

@Pep004, @Magic0024, @betcatalog, @malabgd, @AndreBR, @Xcout, @four-leaf, @sajtion, @Arkadi Manucharov, @Jamesboaz, @RealUnited, @allyhibs, @jazzman02, @Mr.Paul, @notanotherdonkey, @Marek76, @freestylerx, @DonPaulo, @fhuefdsa, @laprikon, @Gabosbet, @Dr. Florida192, @thinkpink63, @MarioDunav, @EuroDream, @vicsuna, and @derbent, what bets are you all planning on putting down this weekend?

Celta vs Betis- Betis (0 AH) to win at 2.075 with Bet 365

Celta are probably the poorest side in Primera right now and without their best player Aspas i expect that they will struggle again. 8 defeats for them in last 10 games and relegation zone is so close. Betis finally are out from Europa league and Copa del Rey and will be fully focused on their domestic games. Betis are with only 1 win in last 4 games, but still have a very good chance for top 6. They have a good team and results will come, this is a great chance for them to return on winning way.

Atletico Madrid have scored in each of their last 13 home matches in La Liga.
Getafe have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 matches in La Liga.
34% of Alaves's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in La Liga.
Eibar conceded at least 1 goal in 92% of their away matches in La Liga.

You can find interesting 149 Football Betting Streaks for 09.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-03-2019-13696

Atletico Madrid vs Leganes

As @StevieDay1983 already mentioned, Atletico comes into this match in very good form, having won their last four matches to nil in all competitions, with Morata in good form as well. It's also the best home team so far this season, having failed to win just three matches at home all season; against Real Madrid recently (loss), Barcelona in November (draw), and Eibar back in September (draw).

What does concern me though, is that:

1. Two of their best players - Godin and Koke - are suspended. They also have no natural left-back at the moment with both Lucas Hernandez and Filipe Luis out injured.
  2. Simeone might decide to rest some other key players with their upcoming Champions League match against Juventus on Tuesday, and/or the team might not be fully focused because of that CL match.

Having said that, I do think that Simone will want to head into the CL match with another win of course, and the league isn't completely lost already. Atletico is seven points away from Barcelona with thirty-six points left to play for, and a match between the two of them at the Camp Nou still left as well, so there's no reason why Simone should be giving up on the league just yet.

On the flip side, Leganes is one of the worst away sides in the league (18th in the away table) and has even bigger problems than Atletico when it comes to team selection; four of their most important players are all out due to suspension or injury. Pichu Cuellar, Siovas, Silva, and Oscar Rodriguez have played the most for Leganes (in terms of minutes) so far this season and they're all out for this match. Another regular, Bustinza, is also out injured. So it's safe to say Leganes heads into this match with significantly more team selection problems (mostly in the midfield and at the back) compared to Atletico.

While I do expect Atletico to win this match to nil, the absence of Godin does concern me though, so that's the only reason why I won't be backing that selection. I think Simeone will want his team to go out, lead by half-time, and then control the game and not exert too much energy before their CL match against Juventus, so I'm backing Atletico to win and Atletico HT/FT as well.

Atletico Madrid @ 1.5 with Betfair (6 units)

Atletico Madrid HT/FT @ 2.38 with Betfair (3 units)

Edited by Hitch

Getafe v Huesca; 20:45

Betting suggestion: Getafe -0,75 @1,80 Pinnacle

Short preview: Without any doubts, Getafe is the biggest surprise of this season so far. They are enjoying the season so far, with 42 points in 26 rounds, keeping the 4th place and believe it or not, the Champions League position with only 6 points less than Real Madrid! Huesca was almost cut off during the winter break, but they returned pretty strong, winning 10 points in last 5 matches and they are currently only 3 points below the relegation zone. In last round, they surprised Sevilla, and I believe that confidence jumped on a pretty high scale but Getafe plays a very “particular” football, with low possession (42,2% on average), plenty of long balls, lots of crosses, using the width, very aggressive, fighting for 2nd balls, actually some kind of English version of football, which isn’t really popular in Spain, but it brings success to this small team from the south of Madrid. Huesca started playing pretty much the same football, trying with early crosses, taking shots from everywhere, using long balls as well, but with 5 men defense. Still,I think that Getafe uses these tactics with bigger success for a longer period and that Huesca should struggle against them.

32% of Celta Vigo's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in La Liga.
Real Betis have scored 33% of their goals after the 75th minute in La Liga.
Real Madrid have scored in each of their last 6 away matches in La Liga.
Girona have failed to score in their last 3 home matches in La Liga.

You can find interesting 135 Football Betting Streaks for 10.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-03-2019-13715

Girona vs Valencia: Valencia win 

I am looking for an away win on Sunday as the average La Liga round typically has over 2 and closer to 3 away wins out of 10 games. There are no away wins so far this round and Real Madrid have a fair chance to win vs Real Valladolid but I wouldn't back them as the team seems divided. 

Actually Real Valladolid, Girona and Villarreal all have 12 points from their 12/13/14 home games respectively and share bottom of the home table. But Girona have the worst goal difference(11:18 or -7) at home from those 3 teams. The Catalan team has only 2 home wins, 6 draws and 5 losses. Meanwhile, Valencia have only 1 loss in La Liga since start 2019 (away vs Getafe)... 5 draws as well in 9 games. But a win here will firmly put Valencia in the mix for European places. 

Girona have found some form lately winning vs Rayo and Real Madrid away plus they beat the Barcelona reserves during the week in the Supercopa de Catalunya. However, Girona's coach Eusebio has lost every single home match out of 3 vs Valencia's manager Marcelino(stats are with various teams). Girona actually won away vs Valencia at a time when Rodrigo was out of form.

It is going to be a close game but I suspect motivation will be key for Valencia to come out of this game with full 3 points. Maybe it is worth backing Valencia to win with 1 goal difference.

Edited by vicsuna

Levante (0 AH) to beat Villarreal at 2.08 with Bet365

Villarreal improved lately, but played too many games in last weeks. They are in relegation zone and need some good results, but it's too hard for them to balance between Primera and Europa league. Levante are hard to beat team when playing at home, in last 10 they lost only against Barca, Real and Sociedad. Levante won last 2 home games against this opponent with 1-0 and i expect similar result again.

Sevilla vs. Real Sociedad

Sorry, this is a very late preview with under an hour left for kick-off.

Real Sociedad are simply a tough team to beat. Since their change of coach last December, they've won 4, drawn 6, and lost just once last week against Atletico Madrid. So that's one loss in eleven matches since the start of the year. They are the 4th best away side in La Liga so far this season, after the big 3. And they've lost only twice so far this season by more than one-goal margin - both times were against Atletico Madrid. 

Sevilla on the other hand, are struggling after it had seemed they would easily qualify for a champions league spot and had even challenged for the title at some point. Fighting on three fronts seems to be a factor in their poor run of results recently. They now have two wins in ten matches in all competitions, and 4 losses and 1 draw in their last 5 La Liga matches. They do have a good home record in La Liga however, losing twice so far this season to Getafe and to Barcelona last week, with 7 wins and 3 draws in their 13 matches played. However, only 3 wins were by more than a one-goal margin. They are 7th in the home table so far in La Liga.

I'm very happy to back Real Sociedad on a handicap here at these odds.

Real Sociedad AH +1.0 @ 1.84 with Betfair