** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Mar 9th & 10th

Crystal Palace vs Brighton

The M23 Derby starts the Premier League action this weekend when Crystal Palace host Brighton in a 12:30pm kick-off at Selhurst Park on Saturday lunch-time. A team with one of the worst home records in the division entertains the team with one of the worst away records in Premier League history.

Crystal Palace are looking safe this season in 13th place on 33 points and 8 points clear of the drop. Nothing is confirmed yet and their inconsistent form still has some fans nervously twitching but it would probably be a shock if they became embroiled in the relegation battle now. The Eagles have only won two league games in a row once this season but are currently on a run of just 1 defeat in 6 league matches.

Brighton fans should be a little bit more worried. As @Tiffy rightly stated, they have had the unfortunate situation of playing a lot of in-form teams but that does little to comfort their fans when they have only won 1 of their last 8 league games. The Seagulls have dropped to 15th in the table and are now just 5 points above the relegation zone. It could have been even worse if they hadn't squeaked a narrow win at home to Huddersfield last weekend.

As I mentioned above, the home and away records of these two teams is quite poor. Palace are ranked 19th in the home form table with just 3 wins from 14 home league games this season. On the contrary, Brighton's away record is almost as unimpressive with just 2 wins from their 14 away league matches this campaign. A trend that has continued from last season.

In terms of head-to-head, it's an evenly balanced picture. Over the past six meetings in all competitions, both sides have two wins each and there have been two draws contested. It leaves me thinking that this match could either end in a draw or a narrow home win. My opinion might change after I see the team news but for the sake of this preview I have to back a Palace win. Interested to also hear what @Mindfulness has to say.

Crystal Palace to Win @ 1.92 with Blacktype

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.74 with MarathonBet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @yossa6133, @sjuesju, @dylanphan, @thfc, @Dboston, @Dr. Florida192, @money44, @1moregoal, @ggm31v, @EuroDream, @ndanmak, @cummins91, @vicsuna, @abigail, and @AndreBR, are you guys betting on these matches this weekend?

Cardiff vs  West Ham..Last month you would have easily backed Cardiff because they were playing well at home.They look like a sinking ship now.They are drowning slowly but surely.Double chance West Ham.

Chelsea Vs Wolves.Motivation is key here.Chelsea cannot relax they need the three points.Chelsea win here.

Arsenal vs Man U.Comical defending has often being the trademark of both teams.Both teams will surely score.

Its English football though with lots of landmines along the way.Not easy betting on this league these days.

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

In terms of head-to-head, it's an evenly balanced picture. Over the past six meetings in all competitions, both sides have two wins each and there have been two draws contested. It leaves me thinking that this match could either end in a draw or a narrow home win. My opinion might change after I see the team news but for the sake of this preview I have to back a Palace win. Interested to also hear what @Mindfulness has to say.

To be honest @StevieDay1983 I feel this is a pretty terrible game from a betting perspective, if I had to pick something from 1X2 here it would be X @ 3.6 as home win seems to be priced correctly.

I must stick to the discipline of not getting heavily involved with betting on derby games as teams can behave differently to what they might do normally. It tends to add another element of uncertainty.

As for Palace in general; I like the signing of Batshuayi, he's hit the ground running and has the ability to score out of nowhere. Perhaps one of those strikers that isn't so good when he gets chances delivered on a plate but he's an upgrade on anything we had before and makes us more threatening in the final 3rd. Once again we see Palace performing a lot better in the 2nd half of the season rather than the 1st.

I wouldn't bother asking @Tiffy what he thinks about Palace V Brighton. He's become a nomadic glory hunter who scours the south of England for teams to prey on after he's drained the vital essence of his previous muse. My latest projections suggest he will have a massive existential crisis in 2022 when Brighton play Torquay in league two where at which point he will go and support the Ilfracombe Indefatigable's (a newly-formed step 7 outfit who have links to the Cuban government).

22 minutes ago, Mindfulness said:

I wouldn't bother asking @Tiffy what he thinks about Palace V Brighton. He's become a nomadic glory hunter who scours the south of England for teams to prey on after he's drained the vital essence of his previous muse. My latest projections suggest he will have a massive existential crisis in 2022 when Brighton play Torquay in league two where at which point he will go and support the Ilfracombe Indefatigable's (a newly-formed step 7 outfit who have links to the Cuban government).

:lol To be fair, the way things are going with Cardiff, popping down to Devon twice a month to watch Torquay seems like a more appealing offer than watching the Bluebirds! I might go down and join him!

Cardiff vs West Ham

You may or may not have noticed that I've become a little demoralised by Cardiff's plight of three straight defeats with results around us also going against us. This is a theme that is likely to continue into this preview of our home game against West Ham this Saturday at 3pm at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Cardiff have been utterly useless in the past two home matches. The loss away to Wolves only added to the disappointment felt after those results. Our home form had been our saving grace but the past three league games were matches where we felt we could get at least 3-4 points. Had we done that we'd still be outside the relegation zone and close in touch with the likes of Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle, and Crystal Palace.

West Ham are 9th in the league and will feel there's an outside chance of European competition next season if the right teams win the right trophies and they can push on up to 7th place. Manuel Pellegrini has done a decent job at the Hammers. Just 1 defeat in their last 5 league matches shows they are in solid form especially because that solitary loss was a 1-0 defeat away to Manchester City.

My big concern here is the injury to Sol Bamba. The downside is that we've lost arguably one of our players of the season. Yes, he has cost us a goal or two but he's been far more positive than negative for our campaign. The plus side is that it means we'll finally see Bruno Ecuele Manga move back to CB where he is a class act instead of out at RB where he's a liability.

I refuse to believe we'll go down without a whimper. Neil Warnock has been more defiant in his press conferences this week with some pundits and fans unfairly getting on his back. Some clowns even demanding he gets sacked! Anyway, I'm not expecting anything from this game but it might not surprise me if we came away with a point. I'm afraid, for the sake of you all reading this, I'll have to say that West Ham are likely to win by a goal or two.

West Ham to Win @ 2.20 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.77 with SportPesa

Huddersfield (0 AH) to beat Bournemouth at 2.25 with Bet 365

Well, Hudds and Fulham are the worst teams in EPL and surely will relegated at the end of the season. The Terriers still can be a dangerous team at home, they won against Wolves last home game and i am pretty sure that they can win again. Bournemouth were defeated in last 10 away games and conceded 2 or more goals in 9 of them. How can be a favourites here, they are in safe position in the middle of the table and they needs only 6-7 points to be sure in their salvation.

Newcastle (0 AH) to beat Everton at 1.96 with Bet 365

Everton underperformed all season and now they play for nothing. Their defense is shaky, too many individual errors, but despite that they kept 2 clean sheets in row. Newcastle are in good shape with 4 wins in last 5 home matches, they still needs points to be safe and this match is good opportunity for them to grab all points.

Edited by i1_principe

Tough fixtures imo this weekend. 

I agree with @i1_principe on Huddersfield to beat Bournemouth, simply because Bournemouth appear to have stopped playing in recent matches.  They do have some injuries in fairness, but aren't the best travellers even with a fully fit team.  I am wary of the draw though, so going to go with Huddersfield DNB at 2.3 (Hills).

I am also thinking about backing Wolves +1 at 2.6 with bet365.  Wolves are well rested while Chelsea played on Thursday although from all accounts the match was nothing more than a training exercise for them.  The pattern with Wolves this season has been to back them when playing a top 6 side, and oppose them when playing the lower teams.  Wolves have already won away at spurs, drew with Arsenal (should have won) and I think they got a draw at Old Trafford early in the season also.  Chelsea have begun playing well in recent games, but are unpredictable and not the most prolific top 6 side, so Wolves have a chance of getting at least a draw out of this one IMO.

Man Utd at 3.1 also tempting, but will wait and see how the Saturday games go before deciding whether to go with this one.

Southampton v Tottenham

Southampton: Michael Obafemi (6/1 f), Mario Lemina (18/0 m), Danny Ings (18/7 f, top scorer)

Tottenham: Harry Winks (25/1 m), Kieran Trippier (23/1 d)(both doubtful)

Manchester City v Watford FC

Manchester City: Fabian Delph (11/0 m, doubtful), Aymeric Laporte (27/2 d), John Stones (19/0 d), Kevin De Bruyne (14/1 m), Claudio Bravo (0/0 g), Fernandinho (25/1 d)

Watford FC: no absences

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Crystal Palace have scored in each of their last 9 matches in Premier League.
Manchester City have scored in each of their last 15 home matches in Premier League.
34% of Watford's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 away matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 149 Football Betting Streaks for 09.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-03-2019-13696

On 07/03/2019 at 3:25 PM, Mindfulness said:

To be honest @StevieDay1983 I feel this is a pretty terrible game from a betting perspective, if I had to pick something from 1X2 here it would be X @ 3.6 as home win seems to be priced correctly.

I must stick to the discipline of not getting heavily involved with betting on derby games as teams can behave differently to what they might do normally. It tends to add another element of uncertainty.

As for Palace in general; I like the signing of Batshuayi, he's hit the ground running and has the ability to score out of nowhere. Perhaps one of those strikers that isn't so good when he gets chances delivered on a plate but he's an upgrade on anything we had before and makes us more threatening in the final 3rd. Once again we see Palace performing a lot better in the 2nd half of the season rather than the 1st.

Haha, that's very funny:loon Yoi could well be right! I'm liking any team with links to the Cuban government. It'll be free cigars after a win!

I can't see Brighton getting much tmrw, you've called it right, and I can see Palace getting a 1X here. They have picked up massively recently.

Anyway, I'm off to Home Park for some more glory hunting tmrw. LUTON are in town, and I can only get a ticket for the home end as the away end is sold out!

Whateve happens at Selhirst, I just hope that the game passes without any trouble. 

Newcastle vs Everton: Draw

Newcastle will surely miss Sean Longstaff - an academy player nominated for Player of the Month for February. His impact has been huge as Newcastle won 4 out of 7 games when he played plus 80 minutes. They lost by one goal difference vs Chelsea and Spurs away and drew away vs Wolves in that run. He got an injury and got subbed at half time in the last round's loss vs West Ham. Without Longstaff in the starting 11, Newcastle has a record of just 4 wins 6 draws and 11 losses. I do not believe Newcastle will win this one, especially after Mike Ashley has frozen the sale of the club and with him as owner Newcastle have record vs Everton 4/4/11 and 3/1/5 at home. I like backing the draw in this one as Everton were not super dangerous in attack mode vs Liverpool and I see more draws in their upcoming away games. Alternative would be Everton and draw no bet, but I placed a bet on Everton to draw vs Cardiff in last away game and often my bets work in the next away round :D It is also worth noting that both Newcastle home and Everton away records in 18/19 compared to 17/18 have 3 draws less. Everton have 5 more away games this season and Newcastle have 4 more home matches.

P.s. What about that night in Paris?! Very proud of Man Utd as a fan. Best moment since Fergie. Do not understand why bookies still doubt us.

Edited by vicsuna

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 3:25 PM, Mindfulness said:

2 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

I hope so to but I think it may be difficult, there's a rumour going round that 11 clowns from the south coast are gonna invade the pitch at 12:30.

:lol 

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Liverpool have been undefeated in their last 8 matches in Premier League.
Manchester Utd have scored in each of their last 15 away matches in Premier League.
Arsenal have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 6 home matches in Premier League.
Wolverhampton have scored 41% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premier League.

You can find interesting 135 Football Betting Streaks for 10.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-10-03-2019-13715

Chelsea v Wolves Sun 10th 14:05

This is a very interesting match up. Chelsea seem to be coming around to Sarri ball. They are definitely playing better, and somehow seem more cohesive. They will be encouraged by Tottenham's failure at Southampton yesterday. 

Wolves have teeth, but are a little up-and-down. Beat Everton, Totteham and Newcastle away, and then blow games against Huddersfield, Fulham and Cardiff. Pretty inconsistent ! 

Realistically, they need 2 goals to win an away game, as they can't keep an away clean sheet. I just cannot see this happening against a Chelsea defense that has definitely got better in recent weeks. Chelsea have conceded just 3 goals in 9 home league games, so they look very solid in this department. This game has 2-0 written all over it ! 

Not crazy about the odds of 1.55 but my feeling is that Chelsea are in a decent space and on a good run. 

Prediction : Home Win

Arsenal vs Manchester United

The big game for the neutrals in the Premier League this weekend comes up this Sunday when Arsenal and Manchester United meet in a 4:30pm kick-off at the Emirates Stadium. This was a potential title decider back in the day but now it's restricted to a battle for the Champions League qualification spots.

Arsenal suffered on Thursday night in the Europa League when they got handed a pasting against Ligue 1 side Rennes. The sending off of Sokratis was devastating so Unai Emery will be demanding an immediate reaction in this game. A loss here would leave the Gunners 4 points off the pace of the top four.

Manchester United had contrasting fortunes in Europe this week after their historic win against PSG in Paris. Things could get even better with a win here because it would put the Red Devils level on points with 3rd placed Tottenham. It's further proof of the superb turn around Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has done at Old Trafford.

The home side will be without key central midfielder Lucas Torreira for this game but they will welcome back important attacking player Alexandre Lacazette. United welcome back a number of players that missed the PSG game including Anthony Martial, Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic, and Ander Herrera.

United have got the psychological advantage coming into this game. They have taken away 3-1 wins on their last two visits to the Emirates Stadium. A win here would give United their 7th consecutive away league win for the first time since 1993. It would also be the first time they have won three straight away games against Arsenal since 1985.

Arsenal are on a run of 14 home league games undefeated including winning their last 8 matches. Only Manchester City have earned more points at home than the Gunners this season. Unfortunately, their awful record against the top six teams continues with Emery's side having only taken 9 points from matches with the top six sides this season.

Despite Arsenal's cracking home record this season I just think the absence of Torreira will leave them short in the middle of the park. United are a different beast right now to the team we've seen over recent years. I'd back them to win any game right now.

Manchester United Draw No Bet @ 2.24 with MarathonBet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.65 with Betway

7 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Arsenal vs Manchester United

The big game for the neutrals in the Premier League this weekend comes up this Sunday when Arsenal and Manchester United meet in a 4:30pm kick-off at the Emirates Stadium. This was a potential title decider back in the day but now it's restricted to a battle for the Champions League qualification spots.

Arsenal suffered on Thursday night in the Europa League when they got handed a pasting against Ligue 1 side Rennes. The sending off of Sokratis was devastating so Unai Emery will be demanding an immediate reaction in this game. A loss here would leave the Gunners 4 points off the pace of the top four.

Manchester United had contrasting fortunes in Europe this week after their historic win against PSG in Paris. Things could get even better with a win here because it would put the Red Devils level on points with 3rd placed Tottenham. It's further proof of the superb turn around Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has done at Old Trafford.

The home side will be without key central midfielder Lucas Torreira for this game but they will welcome back important attacking player Alexandre Lacazette. United welcome back a number of players that missed the PSG game including Anthony Martial, Paul Pogba, Nemanja Matic, and Ander Herrera.

United have got the psychological advantage coming into this game. They have taken away 3-1 wins on their last two visits to the Emirates Stadium. A win here would give United their 7th consecutive away league win for the first time since 1993. It would also be the first time they have won three straight away games against Arsenal since 1985.

Arsenal are on a run of 14 home league games undefeated including winning their last 8 matches. Only Manchester City have earned more points at home than the Gunners this season. Unfortunately, their awful record against the top six teams continues with Emery's side having only taken 9 points from matches with the top six sides this season.

Despite Arsenal's cracking home record this season I just think the absence of Torreira will leave them short in the middle of the park. United are a different beast right now to the team we've seen over recent years. I'd back them to win any game right now.

Manchester United Draw No Bet @ 2.24 with MarathonBet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.65 with Betway

I definitely like the Man United draw no bet. A few things to like with United at the moment...

Flexibility. Was super impressed with United changing the formation so early against PSG. 

Dalot has been super in his last 2 games. Changed the Southampton game as soon as he came on, and was brilliant against PSG.

McTominay is a more than adequate 'fill-in' for Matic. Really important to have 2 players that can fill this role. Covers injury problems, suspensions as well as overplaying one player. For me, Matic needs some freshen up time.... looks a little jaded and overplayed this season. 

I see Coutinho wants to jump ship. If Liverpool win the title (which I doubt), they should give the credit to him, for forcing a 'dream' move through to Barcelona. That 130 million let them make substantial purchases. Maybe United can swap Sanchez and some cash for Coutinho ? Sanchez looks like Rooney in his last year. Legs are gone.

I watched the Europa defeat by Arsenal on Thursday. They were rubbish. SImply unable to make the tactical adjustment and defend properly with 1 up front. Was a strange game. I still think they go through at the Emirates (need a 2-0 win).

United are on such a surge. Beat PSG under Mourinho? Ridiculous !  Challenge for top 3 place under Mourinho? Please !

Now its a distinct possibility, and they will be hard to stop. 

On 09/03/2019 at 10:53 AM, Mindfulness said:

I hope so to but I think it may be difficult, there's a rumour going round that 11 clowns from the south coast are gonna invade the pitch at 12:30.

Well you are on fine form this weekend! Haha

11 clowns? Well they didn't do too bad did they:loon

Knockaert the magician silenced 25,000 with a wave of his magic wand, 

To be honest, I didn't see that coming, but then again, that's football. Expect the un expected!

Edited by Tiffy

2 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Well you are on fiend form this weekend! Haha

11 clowns? Well they didn't do too bad did they:loon

Knockaert the magician silenced 25,000 with a wave of his magic wand, 

To be honest, I didn't see that coming, but then again, that's football. Expect the un expected!

Yes fair play mate, Brighton defended very well throughout and not much could be done about the 2 incredible finishes.

Murray is still a class act, great goal and doesn't celebrate.

Both M23 derbies have been a horror show for Palace this season, I just hope we don't meet in the cup now, I have had enough seaweed incursions for the time being.

20 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

Yes fair play mate, Brighton defended very well throughout and not much could be done about the 2 incredible finishes.

Murray is still a class act, great goal and doesn't celebrate.

Both M23 derbies have been a horror show for Palace this season, I just hope we don't meet in the cup now, I have had enough seaweed incursions for the time being.

Cheers pal, love the banter from you:notworthy Always funny,

Yes, it would be bizzare if they met in the cup at Wembley! Got a tough away game at the New Den first though. It would be great to see a club outside the Top 6 win it tho:ok