Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Darran

Non-League Predictions > March 5th

Well Saturday was a disaster that I don't want to be repeating anytime soon. Not sure I have ever had a session like that where all the teams have actually lost and not even got a point. There were some bizarre results all over the place though and for no team in the top half of the National League South table to pick up 3 points just highlights that fact. Hopefully we can get some of the losses back on Tuesday night where I have 5 bets.

Barrow v Leyton Orient

Barrow lost 3-1 at Barnet for us on Saturday, but I am backing them again here. They gave away 3 sloppy goals and their strikers had an off day as well, but as their manager said afterwards 'we passed them off the park'. Barnet's boss also mentioned that they have played better and lost so I think I was certainly on the right track with tipping them up. I think this game gives them a great chance of bouncing straight back despite the fact they are playing Leyton Orient. Orient won on Saturday at Havant, but they had to work hard for it and it was another below par performance from the title hopefuls. This will be another tough test as Barrow will make things very hard for them at home and I think this game is much close than the bookies think and BetVictor's 31/10 about a home win is well worth backing.

Braintree v Chesterfield

Great news for those that backed Braintree to go down as I put up in my ante-post preview because they are as good as down now. All they have to do is finish bottom which was another bet I put up although they will have some competition with Maidstone for that. They were bad on Saturday losing 3-0 to Dover and I think an in form Chesterfield look a good price at 11/8 with Marathon and William Hill. Chesterfield only had their 2nd defeat in their last 10 games on Saturday at Wrexham and they were unfortunate not to pick up a point. Chesterfield know they have to pick up 3 points to ease their relegation fears and they really ought to do it fairly comfortably.

Maidenhead v Dagenham & Redbridge

Maidenhead have been in good form in recent weeks and fair play to Alan Devonshire who has turned them around, because they looked to be heading for relegation not so long ago. They had won 3 on the bounce before losing 2-1 at Fylde on Saturday, but that is hardly a disgrace and they took the lead. I think they can join their rivals on Tuesday on 43 points. I have had a love/hate relationship with Dagenham this season, but they are worth opposing for me. I don't think they have been playing that well and they were really lucky to get a point on Saturday at Harrogate scoring the equalizer in the 92nd minute and they only had 3 shots the whole game. Marathon's 7/5 about a home win looks attractive.

Salford City v Sutton United

I wrote on Twitter on Friday night about the fact the Racing Post had tipped up Salford on Saturday to beat Ebbsfleet. Now it was a winning tip so fair play for that, but my main issue on the tip was the fact it was factually incorrect. They talked about the quality Salford have shown this season, yet as I wrote when I opposed them last week they have been shocking for about 3 months bar the two wins over Wrexham and Leyton Orient. Salford weren't great on Saturday either and I think they were fortunate to play an Ebbsfleet side weakened with injuries as they only had 4 subs and 3 of those were academy players. Sutton finally scored a goal on Saturday after going 3 games without a goal. They managed to go 2 up against Hartlepool before conceding  2 and the game ended in a draw. I must admit Sutton aren't in the greatest of form, but Saturday was better and teams have been performing above themselves at Salford this season so they are a speculative punt at Bet365's 16/5.

Gloucester City v Concord Rangers

Gloucester have now drawn their last 4 home games 0-0. Indeed since the new management team have taken over they have only conceded 1 goal (amazingly we scored 2 in that game). One of the big reasons behind the lack of action at home games is the fact that the pitch at Evesham is a mess and it makes it hard for teams to play any sort of decent football on it. Gloucester are also being set up to keep a clean sheet against the better teams in the league so they can keep picking up a point at the very least.Concord have only lost one of their last 9 games, but they have drawn 7 of those. All things point to this game being a draw and Marathon are best at 58/25.

Barrow 1pt @ 31/10 with BetVictor

Chesterfield 2pts @ 11/8 with Marathon and William Hill

Maidenhead 1pt @ 7/5 with Marathon

Sutton 1pt @ 16/5 with Bet365

Gloucester v Concord 1pt draw @ 58/25 with Marathon

28 minutes ago, mijOsim said:

Does anyone know what is with Adam Rooney from Salford? Is he injured or ? 

Think I read recently he has had surgery on a knock he’s had for a little while!

Edited by washy1987

Cheers for the thoughts again Darran - been following for a little while and as a fellow non league fan (Billericay) I really do find them exciting to follow!

Anyway, will be following on the Chesterfield tip as they seem to have hit a bit of form! Also fancy Dartford at Hemel as the home side seem to be struggling a little bit at the moment.

4 hours ago, mijOsim said:

Does anyone know what is with Adam Rooney from Salford? Is he injured or ? 

Must admit I don't know so what @washy1987 says could be right. Had a look on his Twitter feed and it hints that he is out injured at the moment. I thought he might have just fallen out of favour as he was dropped to the bench to start with before playing against Halifax.

Hey @Darran do you have any thoughts about Altrincham - Blyth? I think Altrincham can win this at home. They are in form and also i saw that they signed some player on loan from Wigan, Piggott who already scored 4 goals in 2 matches (hat-trick vs Curzon). I think they are in better form, fighting for playoff against not so good opponent.

Blyths good run has ended but their away defeat at Chester in their last away game was their first loss on the road since October. The home side the most likely winners but there wouldn’t be any value in the price for me.

I've finally returned to even on home dogs in the North and South this season, after last season's great run. Last season, collectively home dogs of up to 3.99 finished at 30% wins, while this year it's just 26%. Still, Boston Utd is an obvious pick home to Stockport at 3.66.

Will also be on home dogs Brechin (3.64) and Cheltenham (4.87) today.

2 hours ago, allthethings said:

I've finally returned to even on home dogs in the North and South this season, after last season's great run. Last season, collectively home dogs of up to 3.99 finished at 30% wins, while this year it's just 26%. Still, Boston Utd is an obvious pick home to Stockport at 3.66.

Will also be on home dogs Brechin (3.64) and Cheltenham (4.87) today.

Three draws would have been good.