** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

La Liga Predictions > Mar 1st - 4th

Football Facts and Streaks regarding La Liga

Rayo Vallecano have lost their last 4 matches in La Liga.
Rayo Vallecano conceded at least 1 goal in 92% of their home matches in La Liga.
Rayo Vallecano have scored in 92% of their home matches in La Liga.
Girona have scored 64% of their goals in the first half in La Liga.

You can find interesting 46 Football Betting Streaks for 01.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-03-2019-13603

The battle for salvation in the Primer Division is very strong this year, as several teams are interested and involved in the stay. One of these is Vallecano and Girona, who are confronting each other today in Madrid. A great triple betting, as the two teams seem capable of the best and the worst. However, they have shown a number of medium-term opportunities lately and it is up to them to score from a goal in the match
RAYO VALLECANO vs GIRONA CF @@ Both team to score, odds 1.75

Valencia vs Athletic Bilbao

I agree with @sajtion, it's hard to find the courage to back Valencia to win so I'm making them the focus of my La Liga preview this week. They face Athletic Bilbao in a battle of the mid-table has-beens (ooh, brutal!) in a 7:45pm kick-off at the Mestalla this Sunday.

Valencia reached the Copa Del Rey Final during midweek after their 3-2 aggregate win over Real Betis. It's a fantastic achievement for Marcelino's side in what has been an underwhelming season but they've hardly had a tough route to the final having also dispensed of Getafe, Sporting Gijon, and Ebro. In the league, the club is in 9th place but still 4 points off the European places.

Athletic Bilbao are right behind Valencia in the league table in 10th place. A mid-season managerial change has appeared to benefit the club. Under Eduardo Berizzo, Athletic only managed 1 win in their opening 14 league games. Since Gaizka Garitano was appointed at the start of December, the club has only lost 1 of their 11 league games. What a turnaround!

I'm not sure Athletic will win this but at the odds available I'm far more tempted by the draw or away win than the home win. In fact, Valencia have drawn 9 of their 13 home matches whilst Athletic have drawn 6 of their 12 away league games. It all points to a draw but will it end that way? Worth backing Athletic Bilbao as a double chance.

Athletic Bilbao Double Chance @ 1.89 with MarathonBet

BTTS No @ 1.75 with BetVictor

@Pep004, @Magic0024, @betcatalog, @malabgd, @AndreBR, @Xcout, @four-leaf, @sajtion, @Arkadi Manucharov, @Jamesboaz, @RealUnited, @allyhibs, @jazzman02, @Mr.Paul, @notanotherdonkey, @Marek76, @freestylerx, @DonPaulo, @fhuefdsa, @laprikon, @Gabosbet, @Dr. Florida192, @thinkpink63, @MarioDunav, @EuroDream, @vicsuna, and @derbent, what bets are you all looking at this weekend?

FC Barcelona have been undefeated in their last 9 away matches in La Liga.
Espanyol have scored in 92% of their home matches in La Liga.
Valladolid have failed to score in their last 4 matches in La Liga.
FC Sevilla have failed to win in their last 9 away matches in La Liga.

You can find interesting 113 Football Betting Streaks for 02.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-03-2019-13629

Espanyol vs Real Valladolid: Espanyol win

I have done calculations that on average nearly 50% of games in every round of La Liga are home wins. Rayo did not win and I do not see Real Madrid winning vs Barca. That leaves a handful of games and for me Espanyol will win vs Real Valladolid - a team in terrible form lately with 4 losses out of last 6 & 6 losses out of last 10 games.

Real Betis have scored 34% of their goals after the 75th minute in La Liga.
68% of Getafe's matches had under 2.5 goals in La Liga.
72% of Valencia's matches had under 2.5 goals in La Liga.

You can find interesting 97 Football Betting Streaks for 03.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-03-03-2019-13631

Real Sociedad vs Atletico Madrid=> 0:1 

Atletico Madrid know how to suck out the attacking creativity of any team. "Atleti are very good at letting a game go by without a shot on goal," admitted Allegri after Juve's recent Champions League loss vs Madrid.

Real Sociedad have failed to score 10 times in 25 La Liga games, including a 2:0 away loss vs Atleti. Sociedad have not scored in 5 out of 12 home matches this season and I reckon they are going to lose by the narrowest of margins. Even though current Sociedad coach - Iguacil is yet to face a defeat in 8 home La Liga matches, it is hard to see them winning without Januzaj and Illarramendi as Real drew away 0:0 vs Girona without both creative players. At the same time Atleti have not conceded a goal in last 3 games in all competitions, including the first 1:0 away win for the season vs Rayo Vallecano

Before this season Simeone's Atletico had 26 away La Liga 1:0 losses or roughly 3.9 such wins per season, culminating with a record 7 such wins in 17/18. If you count 18/19's away games, average is still above 3.6 1:0 away wins and 7 per season compared to just 5 total this season.

I reckon the first Real Sociedad home loss under Iguacil is going to be a classic of what some call Simeone's art of winning 1:0

Real Betis vs. Getafe

Both teams here are chasing Champions League football next season, which would be an amazing achievement for either of them. Real Betis players have been spread thinly though, playing on three fronts and this will be their 16th game in 57 days for an average of a game every 3.5 days over the past two months, which is a lot of matches for a team that doesn't have the squad depth of a top CL side. 

Getafe, meanwhile, has had more time to rest and prepare for this game and won't be as fatigued for sure. This is also a very tough team to break down and has only lost 6 games in 25 matches so far this season, with 4 of these coming against the 'top 3'. They also possess a deadly front two of Jaime Mata and Jorge Molina, who have 10 goals each in La Liga so far this season, and both are currently in good form.

I think the odds for a Getafe win present real value here. Having said that, they do tend to draw a lot of matches, so I'll be backing them on the AH +0.5 and DNB as well.

Getafe AH +0.5 @ 1.69 with Betfair (8 units)

Getafe DNB @ 2.48 with Betfair (8 units)

Edited by Hitch

Leganes have scored in 92% of their home matches in La Liga.
68% of Levante's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in La Liga.
70% of Leganes's points have been earned at home in La Liga.

You can find interesting 37 Football Betting Streaks for 04.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-04-03-2019-13635