Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Europa League Predictions > Mar 7th

Rennes vs Arsenal

The last 16 of the Europa League throws up this first leg tie between Ligue 1 club Rennes and Premier League side Arsenal in a 5:55pm (still think that's such a random kick-off time. UEFA committee all making decisions during one of their alleged pot-smoking sessions again!) kick-off at Roazhon Park on Thursday night.

Rennes are 10th in Ligue 1 and struggling to find consistent form on the domestic front. Julien Stephan worked miracles getting this squad this far in the Europa League but it's hard to imagine them getting past this latest challenge. They squeaked their way through a group that included Dynamo Kiev, Astana, and Jablonec. The team then disposed of Real Betis 6-4 on aggregate after winning the second leg away 3-1.

Arsenal are continuing to be an unknown quantity this season. Every time it looks like Unai Emery's side are running out of steam they start picking up results again. The Gunners are 5th in the Premier League and just 1 point off the Champions League qualification spots. Heading into the second week of February, they'd only won 4 of their previous 9 league games and were staring at another season in the Europa League. Three wins and a hard-earned 1-1 draw away to local rivals Tottenham in the league has resurrected their hopes.

It's been relatively straightforward for Emery's side so far in this competition. They topped a group that included Sporting CP, Vorskla Poltava, and FK Qarabag. Then despite losing the first leg away 1-0 to BATE Borisov in the previous round they romped home as 3-0 winners in the second leg at home to comfortably qualify.

I'm expecting this to be a tight game but when I look at the two sides and their current league form it seems foolish to bet against Arsenal. Emery has won this competition three times as Sevilla manager so he knows what is required. I can see a narrow win for the Gunners but Rennes will make it difficult.

Arsenal to Win @ 2.09 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 1.73 with Ladbrokes

@delfino, @KikoCy, @giraldi, @Icongene, @dogmeister, @rangers234, @Pipoca, @Notorious, @ElPrincipito007, @KingSoccertips, @vasilli07, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @DW_United, @discipline, @WinningAdvice, @arvee, @silverfox, @FrenchEskimo, @liamcorrigan86, @ElPrincipito007, @Neubs, @TOTTI3, @Simeon Borisof, @Charon84, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @arsenalfh, @BJO, @footballeye, @gamblerxxx, @Xcout, @allyhibs, @cluelessG, @jazzman02 , @DrO, @chris50, @mtom, @canaries91, @slipkid, @Dzontra85@Marek76, @hristofor, @Philosophy2 and @CloughandTaylor, what bets are you guys placing on this game and the other Europa League matches this week?

Rennes vs Arsenal=over(1.90) stake 7/10

Preview:
Rennes:
injured: Siebatcheu (attacker 15/3), Danzé (defender 0/0), Diallo (goalkeeper 6/0), Baal (defender 1/0);
suspended: Traoré (defender 24/0);
in doubt: Siliki (midfielder 16/0).
Arsenal:
injured: Holding(defender 10/0), Bellerin(defender 19/0), Welbeck(attacker 8/1);
suspended: Lacazette (attacker 28/12).

Rennes is in his second appearance in the Europa League, in these round of 16 he will meet Arsenal, one of the strongest teams, which aims to win the final of the tournament. The home team's journey through this competition was difficult, as they only managed to qualify on the last day of the group stage. Then, in the sixteenth phase, he eliminated Betis by surprise. While Arsenal dominated the group and in the sixteenth eliminated with some difficulty the Bate. Rennes in the league is tenth in the standings with 37 points while Arsenal in the league is fifth in the standings with 57 points.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Europa League

Dinamo Zagreb have been undefeated in their last 8 matches. (Europa League)
Benfica have won their last 9 matches. (Europa League)
33% of Frankfurt's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute. (Europa League)
Arsenal conceded at least 1 goal in 100% of their away matches. (Europa League)
33% of Dinamo Zagreb's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute. (Europa League)
Benfica have been undefeated in their last 9 matches. (Europa League)

You can find interesting 72 Football Betting Streaks for 07.03.2019 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-03-2019-13648

From there, Napoli welcomes Salzburg and its work is not as easy as the odds show. The two teams have a two-point goal to confirm that both teams will score
SSC NAPOLI vs FC SALZBURG @@ Both team to score, odds 1.82

One of the most important games of the evening is undoubtedly this one in Frankfurt between Eindracht and Inter, where it is expected to be a nice match. The two teams find the edge from the center and front, but defensively have their subjects. Absolutely logical is the choice to score both teams
EINTRACHT FRANKFURT vs INTER MILANO @@ Both team to score, odds 1.80

Sevilla may not be in its best form, but the Europa League is going too far, as we do not forget that it is the polish. Besides, the fact that Slavia Prague was a good chance to pass without any problems in the quarter-finals of the event. The Andalusian players can give a rhythm to the game and get a lot of goals
FC SEVILLA vs SK SLAVIA PRAGUE @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.67

Eintracht Frankfurt - Inter

It very rarely happens that Frankfurt does not score at home, in fact this season it has not happened in Europe yet. They have scored several goals most of the games and I expect the same to continue here today. They also very rarely keep clean sheet, though. 
Germans are in good form. Inter on the other hand are not in a good shape. They lack confidence, have problems inside the squad (Icardi!) and Spalletti not doing very good work overall. Every once in a while a different Inter shows up and in that case they would be able to put up a good fight, but in any case, I can see goals in that match so will stay away from placing a bet on a winner.

Over 2,5 @ 2 (SBO)

Sevilla - Slavia Prague

Not much to say here - Sevilla are the kings of this competition and I'm sure they will want to make things pretty clear in the first leg that is played at home. Not too familiar with Slavia, but there is obviously a difference in class and when Sevilla concentrates (which I believe they do) to get a good result here, they will manage to do so.

Sevilla -1.25 AH @ 1,93 (Pinnacle)

Chelsea vs Dynamo Kiev

Maurizio Sarri appears to have fended the wolves away from his door for the time being but his Chelsea side face yet another testing challenge tonight when they welcome Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev to Stamford Bridge for this Europa League last 16 first leg clash that kicks off at 8pm.

Chelsea followed up their encouraging EFL Cup Final display against Manchester City with solid wins against Tottenham and Fulham. It's seen Sarri adapt his tactics to deal with the issues his team faced and it's also given him a stay of execution. The Italian has stated his players are mentally and physically drained ahead of this game so will we see some changes?

Dynamo Kiev have endured a long season. Their European campaign started back at the start of August when they entered the Champions League qualifiers. That ended with defeat to Ajax in the play-off round but they've navigated their way through the Europa League to this point whilst also pushing Shakhtar Donetsk as title rivals in domestic action.

The Blues made light work of Malmo in their last 32 tie winning 5-1 on aggregate. The same cannot be said for Dynamo Kiev who narrowly defeated Olympiakos 3-2 over two legs. Dynamo needing a tight 1-0 win at home to secure the victory and progress to this stage of the competition.

These two sides have met twice previously and that was in the group stage of the Champions League back in the 2015/16 season. Chelsea won one of those games and the two teams played out a draw in the other. Dynamo have actually never won a European game on English soil. Their record stands at losing 11 and drawing 3 of those 14 matches.

I can only see a Chelsea win here. There are still issues not being addressed by Sarri within this set-up but he appears to have settled a number of the main problems that were hurting their performances. A previously stubborn manager, he has shown flexibility and it has delivered more positive performances as of late. I am expecting a business-like display here with a 2-0 or 3-0 win.

Chelsea -1 @ 1.83 with Ladbrokes

Chelsea HT/FT @ 1.91 with Coral

here is mine acca tip

dinamo zagreb - i know it's big call to go against benfica but the hosts are extra motivated at home and i fancy them to take a narrow lead in first leg

eintracht frankfurt - another big call here but the hosts are very capable attacking unit with haller, rebic, jovic finding goals regularly. inter milan must rest players as they are in danger of jeopardizing champions league place to their rivals in domestic league.

rennes v arsenal - both teams to score given how successful rennes has been in this competition, this will be attacking game

sevilla v slavia prague - both teams to score the hosts always plays changed team in this competition but their poor run domestically makes me think their errors will give chance to guests to score

chelsea v dynamo kiev - both teams to score is probably risky but i expect chelsea to dominate the ball and keep a lot of the possession but ultimately i see guests scoring once on the counter due to chelsea high pressing

napoli - i do believe ancelotti is targeting to win this competition and i don't doubt his ability to lead the team to three points. 

stake £20    pays £3.000

good luck