Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** October Competition Winners: Well done to Roland Cooper (NAPS), BillyHills (KO Cup), Theodore007 (Football Tipster Competition), Bagzi (Last Man Standing Comp) & Demios (Poker) ***
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - March 25 - March 31

Jurgen Melzer to beat Sergio Gutierrez-Ferrol at 2.25 with Unibet

Hey @CzechPunter didn't Jurgen retire in Vienna last season? Wasn't that supposed to be his last match in singles? He has already won a ATP doubles title this season and now he decides to go for singles matches again. Quite funny and I'm ready to back him anyday of the week when a guy like SG-F is at the other side of the net. SG-F is a player who usually don't do anything special with the ball. Jurgen should be able to exploit this opponents weaknesses. We all saw how he dismantled Milos Raonic in Vienna last season and easily won in straight sets so the high capacity of Jurgen is still hanging around. He hasn't played singles since Vienna but he is quite used to playing well without matchpractice. Can still remember how he dismantled Jerzy Janowicz in a challenger tournament in Poland two years ago. Took the pole down in two in second round and went on to easily win the hole tournament without dropping a set. But before that week in Wroclaw he had a lot of matchpractice as he had just won Budapest challenger. But even though he doesn't have any matchpractice now he is capable of winning this match anyway.

Edited by four-leaf

5 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Jurgen Melzer to beat Sergio Gutierrez-Ferrol at 2.25 with Unibet

Hey @CzechPunter didn't Jurgen retire in Vienna last season? Wasn't that supposed to be his last match in singles? He has already won a ATP doubles title this season and now he decides to go for singles matches again. Quite funny and I'm ready to back him anyday of the week when a guy like SG-F is at the other side of the net. SG-F is a player who usually don't do anything special with the ball. Jurgen should be able to exploit this opponents weaknesses. We all saw how he dismantled Milos Raonic in Vienna last season and easily won in straight sets so the high capacity of Jurgen is still hanging around. He hasn't played singles since Vienna but he is quite used to playing well without matchpractice. Can still remember how he dismantled Jerzy Janowicz in a challenger tournament in Poland two years ago. Took the pole down in two in second round and went on to easily win the hole tournament without dropping a set. But before that week in Wroclaw he had a lot of matchpractice as he had just won Budapest challenger. But even though he doesn't have any matchpractice now he is capable of winning this match anyway.

Nice spot @four-leaf :ok

11 hours ago, eros said:

Tennis - WTA Miami - R16 VZ

Su-Wei Hsieh -vs- Caroline Wozniacki

Hsieh @ 2.640 Pinnacle

6/10

I don't think Wozniacki according to her current performances will have weapons against Hsieh Su-wei today, who has already beaten world #1 Naomi Osaka and is in a form she has never been before. This is Wozniacki’s first real test in Miami and she looks vulnerable to me, Hsieh with her special game style should cause problems to her. I see good value in taking Hsieh and won't be surprised she will do her job in 2.

I have bet against Woz in her first 2 matches here. The last one was one of the most frustrating matches that i ever seen. Niculescu break points converted = 3/15   Wozniacki break points converted = 4/4  so you can imagine my anger watching that match. Woz is so far from her best form let's see if this will be the definitive :hope

Yulia Putintseva (+1.5 sets) to beat Karolina Pliskova at 2.12 with Pinnacle

Happy to take this at odds against. Pliskova is prone to losing sets against opponents that move well and the conditions should allow Yulia to find some good opportunities and spots. Not sure she has enough to win this, but she should be able to win a set more often than not.

Some great calls here.

Basilashvili @2,02 (Unibet)

Basilashvili has a small advantage here fore me, so I am happy to take him with odds above evens. I like to bet on Basilashvili when he is on a roll and I think he can do the job here against this youngster who already played a lot of matches lately.

Jurgen Melzer to beat Pablo Andujar at ? with ?

I'll probably be betting on Jurgen again but Pablo is not some crappy veteran like Sergio Gutierrez Ferrol. Pablos form hasn't been the best I've seen from him so far this season and Jurgen seems to be up and running and ready to go. Question is if Pablo can keep up with Jurgen right now. I would say no based on Pablos form. Nothing really suggests Jurgen will lose in straight sets like he did when they last met in Kitzbuhel 2014. Coming out of retirement and dominate like he did last match was very fun to see so I'd like to see what he can do to Pablo.

9 hours ago, eros said:

No time but again I'm taking Hsieh @ 2.00 Pinnacle with 5/10. She's too good and Konta doesn't play her best tennis.

Isner with his good form and the crowd behind him looks solid to me too. I think it's going to be a tough match with the better end for John I think. Isner @ 2.00 Pinnacle with 4/10.

Good call

@CzechPunter - I like the new color of your profile .. i guess mine is changed also maybe .. so refreshing, and was much needed. Now i can see everybody colors are changed .. What will four leaf do without his green color ? :clap

Edited by money44

Guys .. I am done tracking my plays ... I didn't get the results I wanted, and it became very time consuming... I probably ended around +50 or + 60 units in between there somewhere.. So now i'll just list occasional plays like everybody else

Pedro Cachin to beat Benoit Paire @ 2.64 with Pinnacle

Long story short Paire has not been in good form for some time now, and this will be his first match returning to clay..  I believe this will also be difficult for him, and Cachin is coming off a decent first round result. 

good luck all :As:

Edited by money44
Giant Banana Emoticon replacement

Harriet Dart to beat Cristina Bucsa at 1.53 with Pinnacle

Harriet Dart is having an excellent first half of the season, having qualified for the Australian Open and losing only to names like Sevastova or Barthel, both of which are miles above Bucsa. She took a small break, but her win over the dangerous Minnen from the first round shows that she should be ready to go - and, in theory, she should be at least a level above Bucsa in terms of virtually everything.

Pliskova to beat vondrousova at 1.72 bet365

i know pliskova is sort of struggling and vondrousova is having the season of her life but I have watched 2 of her matches (Mertens and strycova) and she just seems a level below pliskova, especially her serve can be very weak..

anyone else think at this price it’s a gift ?

@eros good thoughts.. I didn't even realize you're doing that on your picks.. I have been impressed by them lately, and I urge you to continue with the good work carefully. 

confidence level will be 2/10 cuz I am not familiar with either player.. Cheers.. looks like value tho.. CP liked the post, so he must know one of them atleast. 

How do you guys like Medvedevs chances against Federer? To win the title, Roger would have to get through Medvedev, Anderson, Shapovalov, and Isner/Bautista-Agut/Coric/FAA in a span of just four days. On top of that, this will be the 13th match in the last 30 days for the 37-year-old Swiss.

Medvedev has had a good season so far despite the early losses in Dubai and Indian Wells. I am tempted to give it a try at 3,65 (Pinnacle). Thoughts?

Despite Federer being an old man, I think he has only lost twice this year. I think in his old age, he might be targeting ATP 500 and Master's tournaments more strongly than in the past - he's still really quite good in the 3-set format. Federer also has a 2-0 H2H against Medvedev, both played last year (and on hard). Safer bet would be for Medvedev to win a set or selecting "over x games" (I haven't looked at my bookie yet at what the overs line has been set at yet).